pixeltracker

NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn- Page 6

NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn

Hairspray0901
#125NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
Posted: 5/16/18 at 10:41pm

Heartbroken for their family. Sending them all the strength in the world. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#126NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
Posted: 5/16/18 at 10:46pm

How utterly awful.   That poor family.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#127NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
Posted: 5/16/18 at 10:53pm

This whole situation is just so utterly tragic. I can't even imagine what Ruthie and her husband must be going through.

SingItToMeBaby
#128NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
Posted: 5/16/18 at 10:58pm

This is absolutely tragic. I can only imagine the sorrow she and her husband are experiencing right now.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#129NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
Posted: 5/16/18 at 10:58pm

I am just seeing today’s update. This is so upsetting. I’m wondering if there is anything other than donating to the gofundme that we can do to show our support for her and her family during this trying time. I’m going to bed tonight with a heavy heart.

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#130NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
Posted: 5/16/18 at 11:57pm

The baby being unharmed was the only positive in that horrific tragedy.  I cannot even believe it.  Heartbroken.  

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#131NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
Posted: 5/17/18 at 12:00am

I couldn't believe it when I saw the headline. How awful. NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn Praying so hard for her and her husband tonight.

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#132NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
Posted: 5/17/18 at 1:11am

Ugh so horrible, feel so bad for that family. Hoping they can somehow overcome all this tragedy.

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#133NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
Posted: 5/17/18 at 8:39am

Wow I hadn't seen this before, this lady deserves to rot in jail since we don't have the death penalty here. If the worker got the license plate correctly, why the hell did the police never follow up? Makes no sense at all. She clearly doesn't give a **** about anyone but herself. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/pregnant-broadway-actress-loses-baby-hit-brooklyn-driver-article-1.3994076

"Bruns hit a city housing Authority worker six months prior to the fatal accident, injuring the woman's shoulder, ankle and wrist and then driving away. The worker got Bruns' license plate number and filed a report, but police never followed up.'"

Updated On: 5/17/18 at 08:39 AM

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#134NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
Posted: 5/17/18 at 10:13am

Miles2Go2 said: "I am just seeing today’s update. This is so upsetting. I’m wondering if there is anything other than donating to the gofundme that we can do to show our support for her and her family during this trying time."

I know, right? The poor baby (Ruthie). I don't even know her personally, but yet I'm dying to help her. Ruthie was the sweetest woman ever after I saw her in king & i. No one deserves this kind of loss.

May they lock the monster up for life! 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#136NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
Posted: 5/17/18 at 10:22am

This is truly devastating. I had hoped that Ruthie Ann and her family had already been dealt the worst and could focus on recovering and find joy in a new addition to their family.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#137NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
Posted: 5/17/18 at 10:49am

Truly awful. Unthinkable. There are moments that the words don't reach.

I do hope they can find some solace in their faith and hold each other close throughout this. 

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#138NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
Posted: 5/17/18 at 10:56am

She's still listed on The King and I's website for the London production, which starts previews in just a month. I do wonder if she will still do the show, assuming rehearsals start imminently. I don't know if work would be better or worse in this state, it's a terrible thing to have to decide in the middle of all this.

EDIT: The show's Facebook page shows rehearsals started a week ago Tuesday, I'm assuming it's for all the new cast members. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008
Updated On: 5/17/18 at 10:56 AM

rjm516
#139NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
Posted: 5/17/18 at 11:19am

^ I thought I saw last-minute casting news for a student who will be taking over Ruthie's role? Maybe read things wrong but I cannot imagine she is doing the show. 

disneybroadwayfan22
#140NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
Posted: 5/17/18 at 12:00pm

I was also thinking about Ruthie in KING & I in London and how she's still there on the site when I check last week. But, there is no way in f***ing hell that she will be in this.

RW3
#141NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
Posted: 5/17/18 at 2:27pm

An actress by the name of Naoko Mori has been added to the website with the name “Lady Thiang” underneath her photo. Presumably, she is taking over for Ruthie. 

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#142NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
Posted: 5/17/18 at 2:43pm

She was in Miss Saigon in London back in the day, but is mostly known there for Torchwood.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#143NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
Posted: 5/17/18 at 2:46pm

Both Ruthie Ann Miles and Naoko Mori are on the website. This tweet from cast member Rachel Picar on May 8 (first London rehearsal) shows both women listed as Lady Thiang on the cast list: https://twitter.com/rachelpicar/status/993829386964160512

With Miles' situation being fluid even before this latest tragedy, I imagine the producers knew they would need a back-up in case Miles elects to join the production later and/or do a reduced performance schedule, or withdraw all together.

Updated On: 5/17/18 at 02:46 PM

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#144NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
Posted: 5/17/18 at 4:10pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "But, there is no way in f***ing hell that she will be in this."

Was it necessary to be so crude about it? She could very well still be in it. This is awful what has happened to Ruthie and my love goes out to her and her family. 

Updated On: 5/17/18 at 04:10 PM

disneybroadwayfan22
#145NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
Posted: 5/17/18 at 4:55pm

LesWickedly said: "disneybroadwayfan22 said: "But, there is no way in f***ing hell that she will be in this."

Wasis it necessary to be so crude about it? She could very well still be in it. This is awful what has happened to Ruthie and my love goes out to her and her family.

"

My apologizes. I did not mean to be disrespectful at all.

AlfredDrakeII
#146NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
Posted: 5/17/18 at 6:27pm

I really can't find the words to express the depth of my sorrow for Ms. Ann Miles.

What a terrible, terrible tragedy.

How does one go on after something like this? How does one possibly find peace after something like this??

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#147NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
Posted: 5/17/18 at 6:39pm

It seems she has an incredible support system of friends and family.  It also seems she is religious and believes in God.  Those things can help you tremendously through such horrible things.  But, I don't think anyone can truly get over something like this.  Everything about this situation is just so sad.  It was avoidable, but I won't get into that.  

IlanaKeller
#148NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
Posted: 5/17/18 at 6:50pm

AlfredDrakeII said: "How does one go on after something like this? How does one possibly find peace after something like this??"

How? Sometimes you have no other choice. One breath after another, one step after another. 

Everyone is different, and while most people are well-meaning in expressing their sympathy and wondering about her future, I hope that she finds the way through that is as healing as possible for her, and that people give her the respect and space to not speculate on or judge her choices.

For example, people here and elsewhere are speculating on The King and I. *If* she was well enough and decided to do the show because it was a distraction, a removal from her daily life or whatever, we already have a bunch of people here saying "there's no way she can do it," etc. That's a judgment, as well-meaning or innocuous as it may seem, and could be hurtful if that were to be an option or her choice. 

However, and whenever, she chooses to move forward in her life, I hope that she will find the comfort of unconditional support, acceptance and encouragement of what she, personally, needs to do. She and her family are walking an exceptionally wrenching path, and they deserve to be able to do it privately if desired, without judgment, and in any manner that is best for them.

Twitter: @IlanaKeller Latest work: app.com/topic/asbury-park-broadway/
Updated On: 5/17/18 at 06:50 PM

AlfredDrakeII
#149NY Daily News: Ruthie Ann Miles Injured, Daughter Killed By Driver in Brooklyn
Posted: 5/17/18 at 7:18pm

Certainly no argument from me there, Ilana.

I hope you're right and that she and her partner and anyone else affected get all the support they need. 

Just devastating.

Videos