pixeltracker

Lea Michele Back To Broadway?- Page 2

Lea Michele Back To Broadway?

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#25Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/3/18 at 5:21pm

I don't necessarily like her as a person, but I will agree that she has talent. I can't see her as Fanny (she's not proven to be funny), I can't see her as Elphaba in the movie (we need a true powerhouse singer). I think that the way that would benefit her the most, would be to come back to Broadway in something original that is written for her skill set and abilities. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#26Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/3/18 at 5:25pm

I hope no one took her Equity name while she's been gone.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#27Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/3/18 at 5:31pm

MadsonMelo said: "Lea Michele can act and sing circles around Lady GaGa."

LOL

AEA AGMA SM
#28Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/3/18 at 5:34pm

MadsonMelo said: "Lea Michele can act and sing circles around Lady GaGa.

But you know, people just don't like her. I think she would be great as Elphaba and Fanny Brice, but at this point both projets seems odd to cast her after such a long time.
"

Ignoring the GaGa thing (because I'm not convinced she's funny either), but I have not seen Lea Michele once indicate that she is the type of comedienne the role of Fanny Brice requires. She wants to sing the score because she wants to be Barbra, but there's so much more to that role than just singing it.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#29Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/3/18 at 5:41pm

Lady Gaga is respected more by the entertainment industry than Lea Michele ever will be.  She’s a multi-Grammy Award winning music icon; respected and praised by music legends from Tony Bennett, Elton John to even having a personal relationship with Barbra Streisand — things Lea Michele has been wishing for to no avail.  She’s also won a Golden Globe for her acting in Ryan Murphy’s AMERICAN HORROR STORY: HOTEL and has been invited by the Academy Awards to attend and perform on the awards show.   

Regardless of anything she’s done in her career, Broadway nerds know her from SPRING AWAKENING and the now-fizzling masses for FOX TV’s GLEE.  No one gives a rat’s ass about her CD releases nor anything she’s done post- GLEE.  She’s a D-Level personality that literally is quickly morphing into THE COMEBACK’s Valerie Cherish.   And... we DON’T need to see THAT!

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#30Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/3/18 at 5:54pm

I'd rather see Gaga as Evita (as long that's okay from a racial standpoint, I don't really where to stand on that, but I digress) and have Jessie Mueller as Fanny. Gaga just seems more suited for Evita, imo.

And neither for WannaBabs, Lea Michele.

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#31Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/3/18 at 6:01pm

If they do revive Funny Girl, there is no other choice for Fanny other than Jessie Mueller.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#32Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/3/18 at 6:21pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Lady Gaga is respected more by the entertainment industry than Lea Michele ever will be. She’s a multi-Grammy Award winning music icon; respected and praised by music legends from Tony Bennett, Elton John to even having a personal relationship with Barbra Streisand — things Lea Michele has been wishing for to no avail. She’s also won a Golden Globe for her acting in Ryan Murphy’s AMERICAN HORROR STORY: HOTEL and has been invited by the Academy Awards to attend and perform on the awards show.

Regardless of anything she’s done in her career, Broadway nerds know her from SPRING AWAKENING and the now-fizzling masses for FOX TV’s GLEE. No one gives a rat’s ass about her CD releases nor anything she’s done post- GLEE. She’s a D-Level personality that literally is quickly morphing into THE COMEBACK’s Valerie Cherish. And... we DON’T need to see THAT!
"

That’s the tea.

OhHiii
#33Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/3/18 at 6:32pm

MadsonMelo said: "Lea Michele can act and sing circles around Lady GaGa.

But you know, people just don't like her. I think she would be great as Elphaba and Fanny Brice, but at this point both projets seems odd to cast her after such a long time.
"

Uhh..have you heard Lady Gaga sing? Like really sing? Moral of the story: you’re wrong. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#34Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/3/18 at 6:34pm

This thread reminds me that we haven't had a good BWW reading by Jesse Tyler Ferguson lately.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#35Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/3/18 at 7:52pm

Putting aside the issue of whether or not she can act or whether or not she's funny, I can't help but think that you can be credible as a homely plain-Jane, or you can be credible as a men's magazine pinup girl.

And I DEFINITELY remember a few sexy Lea Michele photoshoots. Barbra's looks were an acquired taste, maybe, but they weren't "get asked to do Maxim" looks. This era being what it is, somebody would complain about a conventionally attractive sometimes-hottie playing a role that should have gone to someone without those advantages.

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#36Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/3/18 at 9:24pm

Serious question: why do people hate her so much? I wasn’t a Glee fan and admit that I think she’d be wildly miscast in the oft-rumored Funny Girl revival, but I think the only time I’ve seen her on stage was Spring Awakening, and she was quite good as I remember. Do people not think she’s talented, or is it more a personality issue?

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#37Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/3/18 at 10:03pm

Jessetenny said: "If they do revive Funny Girl, there is no other choice for Fanny other than Jessie Mueller."

Precisely. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

emmettjordan
#38Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/3/18 at 10:07pm

I worked with Lea during Les Mis at the Hollywood in 2008 and on the fifth season of Glee and I honestly don't see the issues people have with her. Yes, I can see how she can be perceived to be a diva but in a lot of ways she is also just extremely professional with expectations and I can see how that can be easily misinterpreted. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#39Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/3/18 at 10:09pm

That's not it at all.  She treats people badly.  VERY badly.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

emmettjordan
#40Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/3/18 at 10:10pm

I have personally never experienced that which is not to say that it has never happened. Of what I have seen and experienced she is an extremely professional and talented woman and I would work with her again. 

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#41Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/3/18 at 10:12pm

I keep forgetting Lea Michele even exists until people bring her up once in a blue moon.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#42Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/4/18 at 3:40am

We can all have our preferences, but a showbizz world where Kanye West and Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj are considered A-list starts and people like Lea Michele are D-list, shows me A-list is nothing to be proud of nowadays.

BrodyFosse123
#43Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/4/18 at 8:45am

We can all have our preferences, but a showbizz world where Kanye West and Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj are considered A-list starts and people like Lea Michele are D-list, shows me A-list is nothing to be proud of nowadays.

Huh?  Kim and Kanye are pop culture figures - they are not remotely considered A-List stars in any form.  Meryl Streep, Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper — those are considered A-List stars.   Lea Michele is no where near in her career to be considered an A-List level star.  Regardless of what else she’s done in her career, she’s solely known for an old TV series called GLEE.  She hasn’t followed it up with a major Oscar winning film or Grammy Award winning album.  I find it interesting how everyone who has worked with Ryan Murphy continue to do so by appearing in one of his numerous FX series except her (SCREAM QUEENS was a joke compared to his other award winning projects at FX).  

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#44Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/4/18 at 9:21am

Kanye West absolutely is, or was, an A-lister until recently; a rap superstar for two decades in spite of his eccentric and unpredictable behavior, he was a frequent contender for the title of "best rapper of his era." Granted, his decline into paranoid narcissism and recent foot-in-mouth statements may tarnish that in the future, but you can't say he wasn't an A-list star beforehand.

Owen22
#45Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/4/18 at 9:22am

What really strikes me is the comment "nobody likes her" or something to that effect. We forget Broadway World is a closed system, feeding and cannibalizing opinions from these, here message boards. And we find ourselves living in it's bubble. I get it. I didn't go see Carousel in previews because of reports on here. Then I read the reviews and advanced from the group think and went to see it myself and it was mostly wonderful.

Most people (outside this bubble) have probably forgotten about Lea Michelle until reminded. Most people probably have no opinion of her unless they are aficionados of her shows. And I'm sure those people are split between those who think she's one of our current great entertainers or who equate her with Rachel Berry and think she's over-confident and self absorbed (something a woman, not classically beautiful, should be).  You may not remember but a lot of the same critiques were thrown at Streisand (who, admittedly, was always and will always be way more popular than Michelle.)

Yes, people had horrible experiences with her in her youth (can it really be ten years since Spring Awakending?) that get reported again and again and again on here to the point the negativity is becoming silly.   There was an anti-Michelle thread that was just recently revived. It's seeming like a lot of people have a lot invested in the hating-Lea Michelle-on-Broadwayworld.com-industry.

Updated On: 5/4/18 at 09:22 AM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#46Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/4/18 at 9:32am

The only thing I’m going to say is that she’s probably been invited to take part in the RAGTIME reunion concert happening this Fall, which will be technically be on Broadway.

BrodyFosse123
#47Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/4/18 at 10:19am

The only thing I’m going to say is that she’s probably been invited to take part in the RAGTIME reunion concert happening this Fall, which will be technically be on Broadway.

So is the Olive Garden in Times Square. 

dramagoer
#48Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/4/18 at 2:57pm

The thing is, does anyone like Lea Michele? 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#49Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
Posted: 5/4/18 at 3:05pm

I remember watching this Ham4Ham a few years ago and Lea wanted to be one of the Schuyler sisters:

Also, a few years ago didn't Lauren Ambrose get the role in Funny Girl despite Lea wanting it? Ultimately that Bway production got cancelled due to investors backing out due to the recession.