pixeltracker

Places to Eat in Times Square- Page 4

Places to Eat in Times Square

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#75Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 3/25/19 at 2:04pm

DianaD3 said: "Is there ample seating at Luke's Lobster? I want to try it on my next 2 show Saturday.
"

The one at the food court?   It has "ok" seating.  Particularly if you go into the hotel section.   It's like any other food court you go to....got to look around to find seats.   

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#76Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 3/25/19 at 2:05pm

If you're looking for something quick before a show and maybe a beer, I recommend anywhere in City Kitchen on 44th. 

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

A0326T
#77Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 3/25/19 at 2:09pm

Applejack's on 54th and Broadway. Classic diner open 24 hours a day. Specials. A bargain considering this is midtown.

JudyDenmark Profile Photo
JudyDenmark
#78Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 3/25/19 at 2:26pm

OKBroadwayFan said: "I like Schnippers. Mac and Joes. http://www.schnippers.com/"

Schnippers also has some great salads if anyone's looking for something lighter. Their Mama's Mediterranean salad is killer. (I... may or may not have it for lunch once a week, lol.)

Danielle0314
#79Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 3/25/19 at 3:51pm

My mom and I had a fantastic meal at Bond 45 before seeing TPTGW in November. Great drinks also, they have a downstairs bar also. It was nice to not feel rushed through a meal :) (I get why they would rush, cause theater people, but still if ya got time it's nice)

PeterM3
#80Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 10/22/21 at 4:48am

"Schnippers also has some great salads if anyone's looking for something lighter. Their Mama's Mediterranean salad is killer. (I... may or may not have it for lunch once a week, lol.)"

I love Mama's Mediterranean salad, it's one of my most favorite salads!

Here is the recipe:
Mixed greens, feta cheese, grape tomatoes, Kalamata olives, charred broccoli, pickled red onion, chickpeas, hot cherry peppers, ciabatta croutons, house vinaigrette. (Quantities to taste Places to Eat in Times Square 
Source: Schnippers restaurant menu.

wink

For more restaurants around Times Square, you can try this restaurants map:
https://places-to-eat-near-me.com/location/new-york-city/

WestEndGal
#81Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 10/22/21 at 4:52am

I always have breakfast in Westway diner!

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#82Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 10/22/21 at 2:02pm

Somewhat food related, but I just passed 53rd and 9th, and there's an Insomnia Cookies coming!

But I will say I love the area on 9th between 50th and 56th, lots of places to eat, lots of variety, and not a far walk at all from Times Square. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#83Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 10/22/21 at 2:15pm

Agreed! I love 9th ave! I also know hells kitchen locals tend to eat there moreso than restaurants closer to times sq.

dramamama611
#84Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 10/22/21 at 2:55pm

Hell's Kitchen (the bar/restaurant not the area!), 51 and 9th if I'm remembering correctly?   Brussel Sprout tacos to die for!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

dadaguza
#85Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 10/22/21 at 3:35pm

We will be having dinner at Hold Fast Kitchen and Spirits tonight before Waitress. I will let you guys know if it lives up to the 5-Star Yelp rating.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/hold-fast-kitchen-and-spirits-new-york

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#86Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 10/22/21 at 3:46pm

I had a late Saturday lunch at Tito Murphy’s (346 West 46th Street) when I was in town 2 weeks ago. Not the greatest NYC meal I’ve ever had, but it was very good and not too expensive comparable to Times Square prices. There was also a drag show going on upstairs. 

I had the Budin de Mole (Mexican Lasagna) and the Call Me Papi cocktail. 

https://www.titomurphys.com/

JGPR2
#87Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 10/23/21 at 6:32pm

I have not been there in years but La Masseria  was very good Italian place which I believe is on 48th. It is not cheap but it was excellent years ago.

Updated On: 10/23/21 at 06:32 PM

Lavieboheme3090 Profile Photo
Lavieboheme3090
#88Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 10/26/21 at 11:26am

Any of the standard Thai restaurants still around?

dramamama611
#89Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 10/26/21 at 12:23pm

And a tad further away (on 11th ave) is Gotham West, a funky food court of sorts.  Sadly, the ramen place is gone.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#90Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 10/26/21 at 12:41pm

Oh man. I spent many a two-show day at Gotham West and I loved Ivan Ramen!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#91Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 10/26/21 at 12:45pm

I always wind up at Junior’s a time or two each trip. Sardi’s is always a fun experience, but it seems they are still closed?

dadaguza
#92Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 10/26/21 at 1:45pm

dadaguza said: "We will be having dinner at Hold Fast Kitchen and Spirits tonight before Waitress. I will let you guys know if it lives up to the 5-Star Yelp rating.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/hold-fast-kitchen-and-spirits-new-york
"

I definitely recommend Hold Fast on 46th for dinner before a show. The loaded pulled pork fries were delicious, and their ahi tacos were pretty great too. The staff is also very friendly, and service is quick if you tell them you're seeing a show after. I will probably return and try their brunch before a matinee in the future.

dramamama611
#93Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 10/26/21 at 4:41pm

Almost every place in mid-town will work their butts off to get you to your show in time.   But thanks for the recomendation - I always look forward to trying new places!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#94Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 10/26/21 at 11:48pm

YvanEhtNioj said: "If you're looking for something quick before a show and maybe a beer, I recommend anywhere in City Kitchen on 44th."

Isn't still (semi) temporarily closed?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

LostWithoutTheater
#95Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 10/27/21 at 8:48am

Not exactly Times Square, but we were in town this past weekend for a few shows and ate at Nizza on 9th and 44th. Great affordable Italian meal and an extensive GF menu for those that need it.

AllThatJazz2
#96Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 10/27/21 at 10:24am

John's Pizza in Times Square finally reopened in mid-September. They're always great about getting us in and out before our shows, their pizza (and garlic knots) are great, and there's just something fun about eating pizza in a converted church. 

MadisonGuy Profile Photo
MadisonGuy
#97Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 11/18/21 at 2:19pm

Does anyone have any experience with Russian Samovar and Piano Bar on 52nd Street near 8th Avenue? We are hopefully going to NYC in the spring and it is super close to both our intended hotel and to the Gershwin Theater. We were thinking of going to it for dinner before the show and maybe one evening after a show for the piano bar.  
https://www.russiansamovar.com/

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#98Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 11/18/21 at 2:35pm

Never eaten there, but I had a very good meal next door at Victor’s (Cuban) Cafe. 

https://www.victorscafe.com/

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#99Places to Eat in Times Square
Posted: 11/18/21 at 2:40pm

Speaking of the Gershwin Theatre, I had a great prix fixe dinner next door here before I saw Wicked:

https://azalearistorantenyc.com/