pixeltracker

SECRET LIFE OF BEES- Musical Cast and dates announced!

SECRET LIFE OF BEES- Musical Cast and dates announced!

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#1SECRET LIFE OF BEES- Musical Cast and dates announced!
Posted: 11/16/18 at 7:57pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/amp/c.php?url=LaChanze-Saycon-Sengbloh-and-More-Lead-Atlantics-THE-SECRET-LIFE-OF-BEES-20181116&__twitter_impression=true

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

suzycat Profile Photo
suzycat
#2SECRET LIFE OF BEES- Musical Cast and dates announced!
Posted: 11/16/18 at 8:10pm

Very pleased to hear about this. Saw the workshop at Vassar a few years back and thought it had great promise. LaChanze! Yes, please.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#3THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES
Posted: 3/29/19 at 9:10pm

Atlantic Theater Company presents ~ THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES

BOOK BY LYNN NOTTAGE
MUSIC BY DUNCAN SHEIK
LYRICS BY SUSAN BIRKENHEAD
BASED ON THE NOVEL BY SUE MONK KIDD
DIRECTED BY SAM GOLD

LINDA GROSS THEATER

Tickets $85

https://atlantictheater.org/production/the-secret-life-of-bees/

#secretlifeofbeesatc

MAY 12 – JULY 7, 2019

A world premiere musical written by two-time Pulitzer Prize winner Lynn Nottage (Sweat), with music by Tony and Grammy Award winner Duncan Sheik (Spring Awakening), lyrics by two-time Tony nominee and Drama Desk winner Susan Birkenhead (Jelly’s Last Jam), and directed by Tony winner Sam Gold (Fun Home); based on the best-selling novel by Sue Monk Kidd.

Saycon Sengbloh (Eclipsed, Hair) will star as Rosaleen, a Black caretaker who embarks on a pursuit with the young Lily, played by Elizabeth Teeter (The Audience, The Crucible), to uncover the mystery of Lily’s mother’s death against the backdrop of 1960s South Carolina.

LaChanze (a Tony winner for The Color Purple) will play beekeeper August Boatwright, with Eisa Davis (Kings) as June, Tony nominee Manoel Felciano as T-Ray, Brett Gray (On My Block) as Zach, and Anastacia McCleskey (Waitress) as May.

The ensemble will include: Jai’Len Christine Li Josey, Romelda Teron Benjamin, Joe Cassidy, Vita E. Cleveland, and Matt DeAngelis. Additional casting will be announced later.

A world premiere musical from a powerhouse creative team that brought you some of the greatest works of the past three decades: SweatSpring AwakeningWorking  and Fun Home.

South Carolina, 1964. Lily Owens, a restless white teenager, struggles with her merciless father and the haunting memory of her mother’s death. When Rosaleen, her black caregiver, is beaten and jailed for asserting her right to vote, Lily’s rebellious spirit is ignited. She and Rosaleen escape on an adventure where they are taken in by a trio of black beekeeping sisters. While Lily tries to unlock the secrets of her past, she and Rosaleen find solace in the mesmerizing world of bees and spirituality in this extraordinary tale of awakening, fellowship and healing.

THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES

Really looking forward to this!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 3/29/19 at 09:10 PM

getupngo Profile Photo
getupngo
#4THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES
Posted: 3/29/19 at 11:09pm

I got the mailer for this today!

duncan shiek score and lachanze? sign me up!!!

Robert16 Profile Photo
Robert16
#5THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES
Posted: 3/30/19 at 9:18am

Is there a discount code on the mailer?

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#6THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES
Posted: 3/30/19 at 9:35am

LaChanze and Saycon Sengbloh? With a Lynn Nottage book and Sam Gold direction? 

See you there.

(Fabulous source material, too!)

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#7THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES
Posted: 3/30/19 at 10:02am

Robert16 said: "Is there a discount code on the mailer?"

No discounts. Tickets have been on sale since November, and the show is extremely well-sold, with previews basically sold out.

getupngo Profile Photo
getupngo
#8THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES
Posted: 3/30/19 at 10:46am

nope THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES just says "tickets start at $85"

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#9THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES
Posted: 3/30/19 at 3:58pm

no

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#10THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES
Posted: 4/26/19 at 12:10pm

Just as a heads up, Back25 tickets just went on sale for this. I was able to snag one for a performance in June.

Updated On: 4/26/19 at 12:10 PM

BwayGeek2 Profile Photo
BwayGeek2
#11THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES
Posted: 4/26/19 at 12:17pm

Heck yes! I'm already excited!

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#12THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES
Posted: 4/26/19 at 12:45pm

thank you!! just grabbed a great seat!

VintageSnarker
#13THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES
Posted: 4/26/19 at 12:48pm

I'm glad they held back some tickets for Back25. I panicked like a month ago when it seemed like previews were entirely sold out. I'm curious to see if the show is good but also if it proves to be a hot ticket. I am terrible at predicting these things.

I love the casting and creative team right now minus Duncan Sheik but with so many strong collaborators, hopefully his influence will be minimized. Cautiously optimistic. 

cjmclaughlin10
#14THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES
Posted: 4/26/19 at 12:49pm

Can’t find one THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES . I haven’t missed a back 25 on sale all season. This is the production I was most looking forward to

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#15THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES
Posted: 4/26/19 at 12:52pm

I’ve had this date in my calendar for months. Managed to get a great seat for the last preview. This cast and creative team has me very excited.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#16THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES
Posted: 4/26/19 at 12:56pm

The Back 25 seats were sold out in about 10 minutes, as far as I could tell.

I missed out on Hangmen because of an ill-timed phone call from work. I'm still brooding over that one!

Updated On: 4/26/19 at 12:56 PM

cjmclaughlin10
#17THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES
Posted: 4/26/19 at 1:03pm

Just got through double checking with a rep over the phone. They are gone

If anyone has an extra, please PM me

brando193
#18THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES
Posted: 4/26/19 at 1:57pm

So excited I was able to snag tickets for the first preview!! Can’t wait!

hveasey
#19THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES
Posted: 4/26/19 at 2:08pm

Thanks for the reminder about this show, grabbed a ticket for July.

persephone88
#20THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES
Posted: 4/26/19 at 5:10pm

I'm going in July as well. I loved the book so much, hope the musical lives up to the original narrative!

mailhandler777
#21THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES
Posted: 4/26/19 at 8:45pm

cjmclaughlin10 said: "Just got through double checking with a rep over the phone. They are gone

If anyone has an extra, please PM me
"

I have a regular priced ticket that I can't use for June 9th at 7pm. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#22THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES
Posted: 4/26/19 at 11:50pm

I’m curious to hear Sheik’s score with LaChanze’s voice. Seems an odd mix. But I love them both.

Relevance81491
#23THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES
Posted: 5/10/19 at 9:00am

wanted to give this a bump since previews begin this weekend.  If anyone has an extra back 25, please send me a PM 

annang
#24THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES
Posted: 5/12/19 at 6:05pm

I have an extra ticket for the 7pm tonight. Paid $89.50. Will take best offer given the short notice.

Videos