pixeltracker

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11- Page 2

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#25RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 3/8/19 at 4:37pm

The show is what you make of it. Calm down with telling people how they need to react to things.

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#26RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 3/8/19 at 5:46pm

My sister and I watched the first 2 episodes and we both thought it may be a very solid season with these queens. Very excited.

BobbyBubbi  Profile Photo
BobbyBubbi
#27RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 3/11/19 at 1:34am

darrey1102- Silky’s runway outfit was terrible, and I agree, Ariel’s runway was disproportionate on her figure. I thought the same thing when she lifted the top and showed her purple fur pasties. She needed to lose an element.

Vanjie slayed the runway and was funny in the challenge. “MISS VANJIE” is proving she’s not just a meme queen and she’s there to compete and win the damn thing. I’m hoping she goes far.

I wouldn’t go as far to say Shuga Cain was “robbed” (wasn’t a fan of her runway) but I do think she showed a lot of confidence and poise in the acting challenge and was a bit overlooked by the judges in critiques.

Nina West, who again seemed confident and undaunted by the acting challenge, needs to step it up. I gave her the benefit of the doubt last week because it was the sewing challenge, and she knew what she was wearing was bad, but this week she swaggered down the runway (with that John Wayne gait) in a look that was just as underwhelming. She seems like a seasoned queen but I haven’t seen much personality yet.

The tie for the win was fine. A tie for elimination would have been fine too.

Jordan Catalano
#28RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 3/11/19 at 9:41am

I was very “iffy” about the season after the first episode. After the second one though, I was sold. But there seem to be more filler Queens this season than most, so I’m kind of waiting for those girls to go home (and dear Christ, please let Silky be one of them) and then the real competition can start.

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#29RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 3/11/19 at 10:29am

My guess is that we won't see Silky's exit until they've shown us the pain she's gone through that makes her act so obnoxiously in the first place.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#30RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 3/11/19 at 11:12am

I know Nina West is well-regarded and loved by a lot of people, but this is my first exposure to her and... I'm just not seeing it. Between these two episodes, the best she's been has been fading into the background. 

Vanjie's runway was sickening. She is a goddamn delight. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Roscoe
#31RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 3/11/19 at 12:04pm

And Pain Queens ("I'm mean because I HURT!" ) tend to hang around for a long long long time, like the unspeakable RoXy Andrews.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
Updated On: 3/11/19 at 12:04 PM

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#32RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 3/11/19 at 12:41pm

Really confused by the hate being thrown at Silky. She’s been nothing but lovely as a person and, yeah, she’s loud and obnoxious but... have you ever met a drag queen? They never shut up. It is, by its nature, an obnoxious career.

I am not sold on these queens yet, overall. I’m growing to enjoy Yvie Oddley and Vanjie just slays me every time she opens her mouth. Both of their runways were stellar.

Jordan Catalano
#33RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 3/11/19 at 3:39pm

I’m keeping my eye on Yvie & Scarlet. Those two seem to be the type of Queens who go all the way in this competition. Yvie is giving me the Sharon Needles vibe and Scarlet is giving me a little Jinkx vibe. I think they’re defiitely two to watch.

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#34RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 3/11/19 at 4:54pm

ColorTheHours048 said: "Really confused by the hate being thrown at Silky. She’s been nothing but lovely as a person and, yeah, she’s loud and obnoxious but... have you ever met a drag queen? They never shut up. It is, by its nature, an obnoxious career.

I am not sold on these queens yet, overall. I’m growing to enjoy Yvie Oddley and Vanjie just slays me every time she opens her mouth. Both of their runways were stellar.
"

As part of the Chicago drag scene, the hate comes from the "call out" culture of current drag queens in Chicago. There was an issue with her telling people that she was offered $50 for a gig (a standard non-host Chicago rate for a gig) before she announced she was on Drag Race and saying it was beneath her. This offended a lot of people in the drag community. (My personal opinion, we shouldn't be mad at the queen, but the bar who pays us peanuts for bringing in patrons)

She also said something along the lines of, "This will be the shadiest season. The loudest season. And when I saw Mercedes [the Muslim queen] I knew this season was going to BLOW UP!" which raises an eyebrow. I do not know the time stamp, but it's from the Ep. 1 watch party at Roscoe's in Chicago. 

So, it's not necessarily what's happening on the show, but her image off the show. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#35RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 3/13/19 at 2:00pm

Roscoe said: "And Pain Queens ("I'm mean because I HURT!" ) tend to hang around for a long long long time, like the unspeakable RoXy Andrews."

Say what you wanna say about AS2, but RoXy was seriously the one to beat for a long time in her original season. She's drag perfection.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

getupngo Profile Photo
getupngo
#36RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 3/13/19 at 4:04pm

Valentina3 said: "Say what you wanna say about AS2, but RoXy was seriously the one to beat for a long time in her original season. She's drag perfection."

100000000%

ChgoTheatreGuy Profile Photo
ChgoTheatreGuy
#37RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 3/14/19 at 11:28pm

This week's episode was among one of the absolute worst ever!   To give these queens the challenge that they had, in addition the number Pop Divas they had to choose from, it was incredibly sad.  Let's hope the rest of this season isn't as pathetic...

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#38RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 3/15/19 at 12:51am

So .... WTF was with Yvie having her ass and dick out all that time putting makeup on them when her look for the runway was a cross between cousin it/jellyfish? Like, I totally get it if those parts of her body were visible on the runway, but they weren't. It just seemed like a huge cry for camera attention because there just seemed to be no justification for it. LOL. 

Darreyl with an L!
Updated On: 3/15/19 at 12:51 AM

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#39RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 3/15/19 at 12:54am

getupngo said: "I take back what I said about vanjie being obnoxious and grating. CLEARLY its silky. oof.

did you guys notice the comments between Brooklyn and vanjie? about he's so handsome and this and that. and when brooklyn

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
won the trip to Paris for the challenge, vanjie said take me with you bae

or something to that effect? Are they setting up a romance storyline?!?!?!

also, excited for Nina West. it was

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
sad to see her fumble the first challenge but

I feel like she will CRUSH the acting/comedy challenge!"

-after tonight's episode, I don't think anybody is guessing about a possible thing between them. Lol. There's definitely something there, I don't know how much but there's something. Lol

Darreyl with an L!

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#40RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 3/15/19 at 11:29am

The take down of this episode by the recapper at Vulture is pretty spot on. 

I'll just say that Team Nina West's televangelist skit was one of the best in recent memory on Drag Race. Just surprised no-one coined the term Tele-VANJEEEE-list for the top performance of the night. Had her runway look been more than another bathing suit was crap glued on, Vanjee would have won the episode hands down.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#41RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 3/15/19 at 2:49pm

I thought the idea of the challenge itself was sound- and, as demonstrated by Team Nina, full of fun potential! The Britney team made a good pick and turned it out- and Mercedes was damn lucky to have been on that team. Vanjie was a tour-de-force. 

But the Mariah team- what the hell? It was mindboggling they committed to Mariah when it was clear no one knew much about her, even after Ru tried to steer them somewhere else (and even if they had, Mariah isn't a very good pick for something like this).  The choices they made were inexplicable and the performances was choppy. It was a team full of filler queens. Ru was pissed, and justifiably so. We haven't seen such an irredeemable cluster**** of a team performance since season 7. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Impossible2
#42RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 3/16/19 at 12:50am

In fairness the Mooriah skit (apart from it's factual errors) was no worse written than the usual lame Drag Race Team penned 'skits' they force them to do.

Can we just give Vanjie the crown already and end this season...

BobbyBubbi  Profile Photo
BobbyBubbi
#43RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 3/16/19 at 2:51am

Kad said: "Mercedes was damn lucky to have been on that team."

DAMMN lucky. She's a polished queen on the runway, but the challenges seem to be killing her confidence.  

I'm glad Nina found her stride, and I hope she builds on that momentum.  

PLEASE GAWD I hope the main challenge is better next week.  

Also, I hate to be a Gia Gunn for a minute but I'm calling it- I'm so bored with RuPaul's looks on the main stage (both for all stars 4 and season 11). Please give us something, ANYTHING different. 

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#44RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 3/16/19 at 4:51pm

Team Britney killed the challenge and made the episode worth watching. The less said about every single queen on Team Mariah, the better. That was just painful to witness.

Vanjie is the frontrunner for me right now. Everything she does and says is gold.

ArtMan
#45RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 3/17/19 at 7:21pm

I finally got to see this episode. I know most of these queens are younger, but certainly they would know more about Mariah.  I mean, it's not like she is an oldies act.  Or is she and I'm just old?sad

ArtMan
#46RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 3/17/19 at 7:21pm

double

Updated On: 3/17/19 at 07:21 PM

ArtMan
#47RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 3/17/19 at 10:18pm

Honey may have done bad in the challenge (like the others) but I liked her all black fringe on the runway.  I thought it was a lot better than that red leotard the other queen (name escapes me) wore.

Lavieboheme3090 Profile Photo
Lavieboheme3090
#48RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 3/18/19 at 9:23am

Can we talk about Silkie's reaction during Untucked?

Girl that is a lot of emotion for being safe. If I was an of the girls on that team, I wouldn't want to work with her again if that is going to be her reaction to being on a team that had a resounding win.

Lavieboheme3090 Profile Photo
Lavieboheme3090
#49RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 3/18/19 at 9:23am

Can we talk about Silkie's reaction during Untucked?

Girl that is a lot of emotion for being safe. If I was an of the girls on that team, I wouldn't want to work with her again if that is going to be her reaction to being on a team that had a resounding win.