pixeltracker

Hugh Jackman in The Music Man- Page 2

Hugh Jackman in The Music Man

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#25Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/12/19 at 3:14pm

Kad said: "Rudin’s producing? Can’t wait to see “Sincere” in front of the curtain done at the Tonys!"

I literally just spit out my water. LOL.

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#26Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/12/19 at 3:19pm

I find Osnes incredibly boring, but I’m still excited for this production. Seeing Hugh attached makes me think it’ll be much more like Dolly than Carousel (star vehicle=better production values/more quality time spent on making it good).

When do we think the theatre and casting will be announced? With Osnes hinting it should be sooner rather than later.

barcelona20
#27Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/12/19 at 3:27pm

Osnes is compelling in anything that she's in.  I just wish they could have picked a more interesting show. Hugh only gets so many shots on Broadway.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#28Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/12/19 at 3:27pm

Itonlytakesajourney said: "I find Osnes incredibly boring, but I’m still excited for this production. Seeing Hugh attached makes me think it’ll be much more like Dolly than Carousel (star vehicle=better production values/more quality time spent on making it good).

When do we think the theatre and casting will be announced? With Osnes hinting it should be sooner rather than later.
"

just NO Jack O'Brien but YES Jerry Zaks ~ Warren Carlyle

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#29Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/12/19 at 3:30pm

Can we get an lovely older actress alongside Hugh, though? Someone like Kelli O'Hara? I'd prefer someone whose playing age isn't 17-25.

Also, I hope Zaks directs. Keep O'Brien far away from everything.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#30Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/12/19 at 3:31pm

I would have loved to have seen Kate Baldwin do this. She deserves a nice, high profile leading role.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Sarah329
#31Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/12/19 at 3:34pm

Corey Cott retweeted Laura’s tweet and said “Gary, Indiana.” This keeps getting better and better

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#32Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/12/19 at 3:34pm

https://twitter.com/naponacott/status/1105542706930028545?s=21

Corey must be playing Winthrop! This just shows Laura knows nothing. She’s done this before, try and excite fans but really has no involvement. 

Updated On: 3/12/19 at 03:34 PM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#33Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/12/19 at 3:38pm

Love the Kate Baldwin idea! She’d be amazing!

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#34Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/12/19 at 3:40pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Love the Kate Baldwin idea! She’d be amazing!"

^This...Yes KATE BALDWIN!!!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Skye8
#35Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/12/19 at 3:41pm

Agh, Kate Baldwin or Betsy Wolfe would have been amazing.

SweetLips22 Profile Photo
SweetLips22
#36Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/12/19 at 3:45pm

This role is a natural for Hugh. Right age, roughness of voice, personality to charm everybody, a winning way with kids, still handsome and romantic to win over Marion and her Mum.

Every tune is a winner, some delicious characters, powerhouse dancing ensemble and Tommy and mayors daughter, great frivilious[?] costumes with a simple, feel good story.

I want to invest[if only].

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#37Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/12/19 at 3:51pm

Laura is a such a boring choice for this, plus I want someone with a more robust tone. Kate Baldwin would have been PERFECT. I need someone who can actually sing the end of My White Knight in FULL voice.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#38Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/12/19 at 3:53pm

bjh2114 said: "Laura is a such a boring choice for this, plus I want someone with a more robust tone. Kate Baldwin would have been PERFECT. I need someone who can actually sing the end of My White Knight in FULL voice."

Laura always performs sweetly and sings nice but she's a boring actress and always plays it the same.

musikman Profile Photo
musikman
#39Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/12/19 at 3:55pm

bjh2114 said: "Laura is a such a boring choice for this, plus I want someone with a more robust tone. Kate Baldwin would have been PERFECT. I need someone who can actually sing the end of My White Knight in FULL voice."

Was just going to say the same thing. Lest we forget that this role needs someone with a legit soprano 

https://youtu.be/mA73dTr9CSs

-There's the muddle in the middle. There's the puddle where the poodle did the piddle."

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#40Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/12/19 at 3:55pm

Completely agree. Laura has a very pretty voice! Would the songs sound nice with her singing them? Sure! Would they sound impressive? Unlikely.

Sarah329
#41Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/12/19 at 3:58pm

https://twitter.com/coltonthewizard/status/1105555411292340224?s=21
(idk how to put a working link on here)

natashalost
#42Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/12/19 at 4:02pm

I really hope it’s not Laura Osnes. Plus I can’t imagine they’d let her tweet about it if it was.

My pick for Marian would be Laura Benanti! Jessie Mueller would be a close second.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#43Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/12/19 at 4:02pm

You can stop saying “would have been” it’s not like Laura has been cast.

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#44Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/12/19 at 4:03pm

Ok but I want to dream-cast the rest of the show:

Marcellus –– James Monroe Iglehart (and then he can take over as Harold after Hugh leaves)
Mayor Shinn –– John Larroquette
Eulalie Shinn –– Julie White
Mrs. Paroo –– Joanna Gleason
Winthrop/Amaryllis/Tommy/Zaneeta –– I couldn't care less

Also:  Shubert after Mockingbird?

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#45Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/12/19 at 4:04pm

If we are to go on these tweets and this is the main cast...this is overwhelmingly white.

WayTooBroadway Profile Photo
WayTooBroadway
#46Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/12/19 at 4:07pm

Hugh's tour ends early September 2019. I think this would start late spring/summer 2020.

"When the audience comes in, it changes the temperature of what you've written." -Stephen Sondheim

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#47Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/12/19 at 4:19pm

Is this what is closing DEH?!???!!! 

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#48Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/12/19 at 4:19pm

Very exciting!  I have tickets to see him on tour in San Jose and The Hollywood Bowl.  

HereAndThere2 Profile Photo
HereAndThere2
#49Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/12/19 at 4:24pm

I'm ready!  Will see Mr. Jackman's show on the West Coast in the near future, and then off to NYC for "Music Man".  

I'm rather partial to this international version of "Lida Rose".