Take Me Out Revival!

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#25Take Me Out Revival!
Posted: 5/30/19 at 4:59pm

IdinaBellFoster said: "Jesse Williams of GREY'S ANATOMY fame will star in the revival.

I think he's a great choice...for a few reasons haha.
"

He has more than one?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#26Take Me Out Revival!
Posted: 5/30/19 at 5:06pm

markypoo, I know this sounds really dramatic, but Marzac's monologues were the first time I'd ever seen a monologue that felt like an aria. I saw the tour twice, and T. Scott Cunningham was incredible. (RIP)

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#27Take Me Out Revival!
Posted: 5/30/19 at 6:34pm

I think Jim Parsons would be fantastic in the O'Hare part. He will sell tickets and have the audience in the palm of his hand. I think the play is ok. It's an entertainment I enjoyed but not great. Penises will get butts in the seats. I do wonder if they will scale down the nudity or put a low wall in front of the shower so it is less gratuitous. 

The play works on an incredible meta-level as the audience is forced to confront its own issues with male nudity and masculinity and where they find themselves looking, etc. At times the audience was more uncomfortable than the actors. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

markypoo Profile Photo
markypoo
#28Take Me Out Revival!
Posted: 5/30/19 at 8:23pm

These posts have me fondly recalling Gene Siskel, when he was reviewing "The Blue Lagoon" on CBS-TV Chicago, Summer 1980:

There's a very select portion of the paying audience just waiting for Christopher Atkins' clothes to fall off.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#29Take Me Out Revival!
Posted: 5/31/19 at 11:14pm

IdinaBellFoster said: "Jesse Williams of GREY'S ANATOMY fame will star in the revival.

I think he's a great choice...for a few reasons haha.
"

blushTake Me Out Revival!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#30Take Me Out Revival!
Posted: 6/1/19 at 1:22am

Just when I think you Queens couldn’t get any more pathetic, there is this thread to prove me wrong.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#31Take Me Out Revival!
Posted: 6/1/19 at 1:50pm

CarlosAlberto said: "Just when I think you Queens couldn’t get any more pathetic, there is this thread to prove me wrong."

Looking forward to it along with seeing Jessie's hot nude bod on stage

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

notalwaysontime Profile Photo
notalwaysontime
#32Take Me Out Revival!
Posted: 6/3/19 at 11:38pm

I totally missed this news when it was first announced, but count me among those excited! I saw this in SF on my 21st birthday, it was the first piece of professional life theater I ever saw and despite the awkwardness of watching it while sitting next to my parents, it’ll always hold a special place in my heart.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#33Take Me Out Revival!
Posted: 6/5/19 at 1:18pm

Jesse Tyler Ferguson will play Mason!

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Breaking-Jesse-Tyler-Ferguson-Will-Return-to-Broadway-Next-Season-in-TAKE-ME-OUT-20190605

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#34Take Me Out Revival!
Posted: 6/5/19 at 1:24pm

I’m totally sold on this one! I can’t wait!

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#35Take Me Out Revival!
Posted: 6/5/19 at 1:34pm

Are they just casting from the ABC primetime lineup? Because if so I have a few requests. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

rg7759
#36Take Me Out Revival!
Posted: 6/5/19 at 1:34pm

Any hype the first jessie giveth, the second jessie taketh away

BuddyStarr Profile Photo
BuddyStarr
#37Take Me Out Revival!
Posted: 6/5/19 at 1:39pm

quizking101 said: "Jesse Tyler Ferguson will play Mason!

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Breaking-Jesse-Tyler-Ferguson-Will-Return-to-Broadway-Next-Season-in-TAKE-ME-OUT-20190605
"

Ugh, not exactly a standout for me.  I loved Denis O'hare in the original but can't really get behind JTF.  His character on Modern Family has just gotten under my skin and annoys me so much that I will have a hard time separating the two.  Unfortunately, Modern Family will not have been off the air long enough to give ppl a break from Mitchell and JTF.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#38Take Me Out Revival!
Posted: 6/5/19 at 1:46pm

Count me among those not excited for Ferguson. The gay minstrel show aka Modern Family does nothing for me. I find him grating and he tends to play everything the same. I was really hoping for Parsons who brings gravity, pathos and intelligence to his comedy. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#39Take Me Out Revival!
Posted: 6/6/19 at 11:11am

I just realized Jesse Tyler Ferguson is also in the pre-Broadway production of Bess Wohl's GRAND HORIZONS at Williamstown this July. I wonder if he's going to do both that and TAKE ME OUT on Bway next season (both 2nd Stage shows)? I would guess he's not transferring with GRAND HORIZONS or else we would have heard already.

MemorableUserName
#40Take Me Out Revival!
Posted: 11/1/19 at 12:05pm

Patrick J. Adam's joins as Kippy Sunderstrom. I approve.

https://www.playbill.com/article/suits-star-patrick-j-adams-joins-broadway-revival-of-take-me-out

BMW's story:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Patrick-J-Adams-Will-Make-His-Broadway-Debut-in-TAKE-ME-OUT-20191101

Updated On: 11/1/19 at 12:05 PM

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#41Take Me Out Revival!
Posted: 11/14/19 at 11:40am

Full cast announced: https://twitter.com/2stnyc/status/1195008489023778816?s=21

Still no on-sale date for tickets yet.

Updated On: 11/14/19 at 11:40 AM

Will3700 Profile Photo
Will3700
#42Take Me Out Revival!
Posted: 11/14/19 at 1:46pm

I just spoke to a rep at 2nd Stage who said tickets will go on sale Jan 16 at 10am.

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#43Take Me Out Revival!
Posted: 11/15/19 at 1:48pm

It's not a great play but it's an entertaining play, especially when directed briskly. Joe Mantello's direction was pitch-perfect so I wonder how Scott Ellis would put his directorial stamp on the play. 

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

MemorableUserName
#44Take Me Out Revival!
Posted: 6/27/20 at 9:54am

I hadn't seen this article from a few days ago (6/24). Sounds like everyone is still onboard, for whenever it can happen.

For the Actors of ‘Take Me Out,’ a Coming-Out Party Is Postponed

Second Stage remains committed. And the actors, so far, have all agreed to return. “I’m going to do this play,” Williams said. “I’ve made that clear.”

Updated On: 6/27/20 at 09:54 AM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#45Take Me Out Revival!
Posted: 6/27/20 at 1:30pm

Maybe late Spring 2021 when Jesse has wrapped Grey's for the season? Seems plausible. 

MemorableUserName
Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#47Take Me Out Revival!
Posted: 7/1/20 at 3:04pm

Yes, I was almost right (before Spring starts officially).  Take Me Out Revival! Glad it's happening!

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#48Take Me Out Revival!
Posted: 12/17/21 at 12:40pm

Due to a change in the production schedule, the first preview of the Second Stage Theater production of Richard Greenberg's Tony Award-winning play, Take Me Out, has been rescheduled for March 10, 2022. The Broadway production will officially open on April 4, 2022 at Second Stage's Hayes Theater (240 West 44th Street).

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/TAKE-ME-OUT-Will-Now-Begin-Previews-March-10-20211217

Videos