pixeltracker

What would you do if you were performing on Broadway in between shows on Matinee Days?

What would you do if you were performing on Broadway in between shows on Matinee Days?

EdEval
#1What would you do if you were performing on Broadway in between shows on Matinee Days?
Posted: 4/13/19 at 1:56pm

I  would stay put at the theatre in my dressing room and catch up on reading and if I was hungry order food in and after I was done getting into my costume nervous nelly as I am and be ready to go for the next curtain.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#2What would you do if you were performing on Broadway in between shows on Matinee Days?
Posted: 4/13/19 at 2:07pm

Ok

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Lavieboheme3090 Profile Photo
Lavieboheme3090
#3What would you do if you were performing on Broadway in between shows on Matinee Days?
Posted: 4/13/19 at 2:14pm

I’d catch up on my Cameo appointments.

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
bowtie7
#5What would you do if you were performing on Broadway in between shows on Matinee Days?
Posted: 4/13/19 at 6:12pm

Way to many variables: length of the show, how draining the performance is, the weather, how close you live, do you need a pick me up from the stage door crowd, what do you want to eat, are people you like (or don't like) around the theatre. 

TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
#6What would you do if you were performing on Broadway in between shows on Matinee Days?
Posted: 4/13/19 at 6:15pm

As an actor myself (not on Broadway, but nonetheless) I typically get food and nap.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#7What would you do if you were performing on Broadway in between shows on Matinee Days?
Posted: 4/13/19 at 6:32pm

Eat a snack, check my email and maybe do the stage door thing.

Niles Silvers
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#9What would you do if you were performing on Broadway in between shows on Matinee Days?
Posted: 4/13/19 at 7:17pm

Probably walk a couple blocks to my apartment and play with my dog and watch Judge Judy.

bwaylvsong
#10What would you do if you were performing on Broadway in between shows on Matinee Days?
Posted: 4/13/19 at 10:53pm

If I were on Broadway, I would be able to afford to live nearby, so I would go home and rest, watch TV, and eat a light dinner.
When I have performed in two-show days (not on Broadway), I usually went to a coffee shop to relax and have a coffee/snack, and then went back to the theatre looooong before my call time.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#11What would you do if you were performing on Broadway in between shows on Matinee Days?
Posted: 4/13/19 at 11:23pm

I remember Lindsay Mendez asking that quesiton to her castmates at Carousel last summer... Funniest one is watching/listening to FRASIER to fall asleep.

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#12What would you do if you were performing on Broadway in between shows on Matinee Days?
Posted: 4/14/19 at 9:36am

Like everyone says, it depends on the length of the show, the location of the theater, etc.

That being said, I was in an Off-Broadway show that was very long. We didn't have much time between performances, so I started a tradition every two-show day where we'd go to the McDonald's down the block and get Happy Meals. Then we'd give the toys names and eventually hide them in places around the theater/dressing room.

Actors do weird/silly things...

trpguyy
#13What would you do if you were performing on Broadway in between shows on Matinee Days?
Posted: 4/14/19 at 11:02am

Updated On: 4/14/19 at 11:02 AM

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#15What would you do if you were performing on Broadway in between shows on Matinee Days?
Posted: 4/14/19 at 12:37pm

Depending on the time allotted between shows (since a gap can last anywhere from 2.5 to 4 hours),

1. Definitely Food
2. Maybe do the stage door if I’m not beat.
3. Rest up

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#16What would you do if you were performing on Broadway in between shows on Matinee Days?
Posted: 4/14/19 at 1:39pm

There's Broadway Sandwich series, I think it's also available on YouTube, where they spent their in-between show time with stars from The Band's Visit, Wicked, OOTI, Hamilton, and more. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#17What would you do if you were performing on Broadway in between shows on Matinee Days?
Posted: 4/14/19 at 1:50pm

Maybe Lin will pop up and share what he does between shows on two show days. He does post infrequently on here!

Updated On: 4/14/19 at 01:50 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#18What would you do if you were performing on Broadway in between shows on Matinee Days?
Posted: 4/14/19 at 11:01pm

I can't say, since it would enable people to more easily find me if I decide not to stagedoor.

magictodo123
#19What would you do if you were performing on Broadway in between shows on Matinee Days?
Posted: 4/15/19 at 8:04am

Take a nap.

Eat.

Catch up on fan mail.

Spend some time with cast mates :) 

Oh did I mention sleep?