SIX - Preview Thread

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#375SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 9/16/21 at 9:09pm

n2nbaby said: "Premium tickets are insane ($500) and the rear mezz prices are also pretty crazy ($109). Bummed I won’t get to see it again any time soon. Guess I’ll chance the lotto whenever I can."

I really didn’t enjoy my rear mezz (last row) experience back in March 2020, especially considering the exorbitant price I paid for 70 minutes of show. The show is just so small, and the queens constantly interact with the front orchestra it just felt like I was watching down on a party I wasn’t invited to. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#376SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 9/17/21 at 9:26am

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#377SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 9/17/21 at 10:32am

Someone else can listen to this NYT 30 minute podcast and tell the Board the highlights; (unless it' behind a paywall)

Behind Six Finally Opening

Alexander Lamar
#378SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 9/17/21 at 10:50am

Not sure that was a great showing for them. Something seems off.

ForB4
#379SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 9/17/21 at 11:43am

You do know it's been awhile for them yes? Anyway I thought that was great! Can't wait to hear the reports tonight

Boq101
#380SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 9/17/21 at 11:51am

I think it's the sound mixing. But it barely bothered me they're all so amazing. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#381SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 9/17/21 at 12:06pm

ForB4 said: "You do know it's been awhile for them yes? Anyway I thought that was great! Can't wait to hear the reports tonight"

They've BEEN in rehearsals for several weeks.

And that being said, it is a pretty small performance space.   I found that the ends of LOTS of their words were dropped though, and often mumbly.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 9/17/21 at 12:06 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#382SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 9/17/21 at 12:24pm

I guess i was singing along too loudly to notice any sound issues.

ForB4
#383SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 9/17/21 at 12:31pm

dramamama611 said: "ForB4 said: "You do know it's been awhile for them yes? Anyway I thought that was great! Can't wait to hear the reports tonight"

They've BEEN in rehearsals for several weeks.

And that being said, it is a pretty small performance space. I found that the ends of LOTS of their words were dropped though, and often mumbly.
"

as we all know, rehearsals are very similar to first performances on national tv

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#384SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 9/17/21 at 12:32pm

It was alright. I hope they are better in the actual theater. Enjoy tonight, guys! 

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#385SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 9/17/21 at 12:39pm

I know that I am in the VAST VAST minority here, but I saw SIX back in March of 2020, and the entire show left me cold. None of the queens impressed me, and I felt like there was a whole lot of marking going on. The whole affair just felt cheap and gimmicky to me. To each their own, though, and wishing them a very happy first performance.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#386SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 9/17/21 at 12:43pm

bwayphreak234 said: "I know that I am in the VAST VAST minority here, but I saw SIX back in March of 2020, and the entire show left me cold. None of the queens impressed me, and I felt like there was a whole lot of marking going on. The whole affair just felt cheap and gimmicky to me. To each their own, though, and wishing them a very happy first performance."

Had a very similar experience. Became very clear when the queens starting speaking that this began as a college project.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#387SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 9/17/21 at 12:55pm

This is a show that I had zero desire to see. I ended up seeing it and was floored at how good it is. Watching last night my first thought was that they needed a bit more room to move. The band was overpowering them and you missed a lot of the lyrics. I kept thinking that Fallon should have given a brief synopsis of the show and the number they were going to perform. With that said, they sounded great.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 9/17/21 at 12:55 PM

Alexander Lamar
#388SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 9/17/21 at 2:00pm

Been driving back and forth a lot to NYC these past few weeks and am absolutely drained. Not sure I’m feeling up for the drive tonight. Anyone interested in buying my SIX ticket for tonight? I’d sell for what I paid on resale - $250. Orchestra J22. Let me know.

KathyNYC2
#389SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 9/17/21 at 3:16pm

"Please check your tickets for your seating location, and plan to arrive at the theatre at the time indicated below.

MEZZ ROWS E-L 40 Minutes prior to curtain
ORCH J-Q 30 Min
MEZZ A-F & Boxes 20 Min
ORCH CC-K
" 15 mins"

_________________________________________________________________________________

And the people who are siting in AA-B in the orchestra don't get to come in? LOL

Not for nothing, there is no row CC at the Brooks. 

And yes it's just a suggestion to avoid congestion.

Enjoy the show people!

Updated On: 9/17/21 at 03:16 PM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#390SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 9/17/21 at 5:56pm

ABC7 New York is doing a feature on the show during the 6:00 news broadcast.

Just give the world Love.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#391SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 9/17/21 at 8:55pm

Tonight's playbills have a slip of paper with a barcode link for access to a virtual stage door session. Cool!

Oh look, a bibu!

BOM  Profile Photo
BOM
#392SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 9/17/21 at 9:05pm

That's so cool. Perhaps more shows will utilize this in the future. 

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#393SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 9/17/21 at 9:12pm

Someone posted the QR code on social media so I scanned it to check it out. You sign up for the mailing list and they send you a scanned image of a signed playbill. It's cute and a nice little touch for times like this, though I can already hear people crying that "it's not the saaaaaammmmmme."

BOM  Profile Photo
BOM
#394SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 9/17/21 at 9:15pm

It's never easy pleasing children. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#395SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 9/17/21 at 9:28pm

Just read about some technical difficulties tonight, with the show being put on hold.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#396SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 9/17/21 at 9:32pm

Looks like this is becoming another “Groundhog Day.”
It’s almost as if the theatre gods do not want these ladies to perform in front of public audiences.

Oh look, a bibu!

rkade21
#397SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 9/17/21 at 9:47pm

I don’t think the Brooks Atkinson will be available for a while.

What a fun time!

Det95
#398SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 9/17/21 at 9:50pm

Jordan Levinson said: "Looks like this is becoming another “Groundhog Day.”
It’s almost as if the theatre gods do not want these ladies to perform in front of public audiences.
"

Nothing major at least from an audience perspective. The show was held for 5-10 minutes while they rebooted the system. At least that’s what they told us

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#399SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 9/17/21 at 9:54pm

Yes, the show was stopped for a couple of minutes and then picked right back up where they left off so it’s not the dramatic “Groundhog Day” moment you’d like it to be.

An absolutely incredible evening! Standing ovations after almost every single song, and you could tell just how appreciative they all were. The crowd tonight was absolutely insane, the most vocal Proud I’ve heard so far this week. GOD IVE MISSED THIS.

Updated On: 9/17/21 at 09:54 PM