pixeltracker

Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice - Page 2

Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#25Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
Posted: 2/21/20 at 4:17pm

These contracts don't usually have "outs" that let an actor quit effective immediately. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

WestEndGal
#26Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
Posted: 2/21/20 at 4:23pm

JDonaghy4 said: "the Mods behavior here is amateur hour- i could care less about Beetlejuice, and I certainly think the Mods deserve credit to the extent they are trying to stay legal, but the notion that hearsay rumors need to be censored = a lil Trump era for me."

It’s ridiculous - this is a message board! To delete posts where people are simply posting hearsay just seems wrong. It’s not like anyone is posting rumours as truth.

The official explanation sounds sus af to me. Even if she had an out in her contract she’d had to exercise it with more than zero days notice! 

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#27Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
Posted: 2/21/20 at 4:24pm

I hope she something lined up on television already to just drop the show like that. I guess perhaps she saw the writing on the wall with no transfer announced currently? 

emmyjay
#28Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
Posted: 2/21/20 at 4:24pm

My question: is it really worth it to bring in another Lydia at this point? The show is closing in June, why not have Presley Ryan finish out the run? She's already the one doing the heavy lifting for the show's PR through Tik Tok anyway

Zion24
#29Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
Posted: 2/21/20 at 4:37pm

emmyjay said: "My question:is it really worth it to bring in another Lydia at this point? The show is closing in June, why not have Presley Ryan finish out the run? She's already the one doing the heavy lifting for the show's PR through Tik Tok anyway"

This clearly wasnt planned; my guess is they could keep Presley Ryan to finish out the run but they need to iron out those details contractually/technically since this all happened so quickly. 

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#30Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
Posted: 2/21/20 at 4:58pm

Just a small role, but she was.excellent in the episode of "Evil" that I saw - definitely has acting chops -

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#31Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
Posted: 2/21/20 at 5:24pm

WestEndGal said: "The official explanation sounds sus af to me. Even if she had an out in her contract she’d had to exercise it with more than zero days notice!"

My GUESS is thar she told them she wanted to leave for other opportunities and they showed her the door.  But we'll likely never really know, and its none of our business.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#32Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
Posted: 2/21/20 at 5:52pm

Broadwayworld, if you’re going to continue mass deleting posts, why don’t you edit them to say “post deleted” so that we see how much you’re interfering with the board, instead of just deleting them without explanation / transparency to other users?

#33Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
Posted: 2/21/20 at 6:00pm

Mine was deleted.

#34Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
Posted: 2/21/20 at 6:01pm

Mine was deleted.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#35Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
Posted: 2/21/20 at 6:07pm

My question: is it really worth it to bring in another Lydia at this point? The show is closing in June, why not have Presley Ryan finish out the run? She's already the one doing the heavy lifting for the show's PR through Tik Tok anyway

Equity-wise you have to staff the role.

trpguyy
#36Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
Posted: 2/21/20 at 6:37pm

^ which is easily accomplished by promoting Ms Ryan and hiring a new ensemble member/understudy

WestEndGal
#37Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
Posted: 2/21/20 at 6:38pm

trpguyy said: "^ which is easily accomplished by promoting Ms Ryan and hiring a new ensemble member/understudy "

I guess it’s likely they will do that, but seems this has all happened so quickly they need some time to work it out 

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#38Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
Posted: 2/21/20 at 7:04pm

VotePeron said: "Broadwayworld, if you’re going to continue mass deleting posts, why don’t you edit them to say “post deleted” so that we see how much you’re interfering with the board, instead of just deleting them without explanation / transparency to other users?"

It's honestly getting a bit scary the interference... I am a member of many message boards, and obviously moderators have a tough job and need to remove spam, offensive posts, and hate... but this is bordering on big brother where you fear anything you post is now against some guideline. 

I will have to reconsider how I contribute to this board. I lost access to my original account due to password troubles and password reset emails, so this is a newer account... but I have been on this board for many many many years. 

I think speculation of people in the public eye abruptly leaving a show would be fair game, within reason. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#39Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
Posted: 2/21/20 at 7:13pm

There have always been certain people that are off topic for discussion on this board going all the way back. I guess this girl is maybe one of them now.

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#40Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
Posted: 2/21/20 at 7:22pm

Jordan Catalano said: "There have always been certain people that are off topic for discussion on this board going all the way back. I guess this girl is maybe one of them now."

Remember the actor who quit/left some show back in the day, claiming he had poisoning from eating too much fish or something? I feel like he was torn to shreds on here haha. 

Updated On: 2/21/20 at 07:22 PM

SouthernCakes
#41Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
Posted: 2/21/20 at 7:34pm

It makes more sense to hire a new Lydia and keep the person who already knows all the ensemble tracks etc.

This does seem odd. Maybe she just up and quit? Who knows. Odd for sure.

Broadway61004
#42Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
Posted: 2/21/20 at 7:45pm

Two things about this: 1) How do we know she didn't give the producers notice about this weeks ago and they just chose not to publicly announce it until now? And 2) Even with an opt-out where you are required to give notice, there are still plenty of ways to go around it. She could have easily gotten a TV offer that needed her immediately and negotiated an easy quick out with the producers. That's not at all unprecedented. Not saying this is what happened, but it seems ridiculous to assume she was fired just because we only found out about her leaving the show today. There are plenty of other ways this could have gone down.

superiska123
#43Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
Posted: 2/21/20 at 7:56pm

The part that interests me most is how they'll handle casting someone new. If this is as short notice as it appears, I wish the best of luck to the new cast member who will have literal days to figure out their new role.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#44Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
Posted: 2/21/20 at 8:02pm

I'm not looking at this as something nefarious. Just look at Justin Chambers recently leaving Grey's Anatomy as an example: clearly it was out of nowhere to us, but there must've been some mutual agreement to release the actor early when they could've easily kept him locked in. 

Sophia is 18 years old, and has spent around two years with this project. With three months left in the show, I'm willing to bet the producers, who must appreciate her commitment to the show all this time, had no problem with honoring her request to move on to something new. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#45Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
Posted: 2/21/20 at 8:27pm

This doesn't look to me like it came from someone who left the show amicably. Fortunately, Broadway is a very small community, so any speculation can be fairly easily confirmed by people in the know. 

Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice

Hairspray0901
#46Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
Posted: 2/21/20 at 8:36pm

Jordan Catalano said: "There have always been certain people that are off topic for discussion on this board going all the way back. I guess this girl is maybe one of them now."

Patti....Lupone? Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice

Another thing we aren't allowed to talk about is actors asking people to buy them nespresso machines for their dressing rooms on a public twitter account. That thread got deleted real quick.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#47Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
Posted: 2/21/20 at 8:38pm

Fortunately, Broadway is a very small community, so any speculation can be fairly easily confirmed by people in the know. 

Considering it's no one's business and people want to keep their jobs....no, no it won't be. She confirmed it, end of story. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#48Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
Posted: 2/21/20 at 8:41pm

Sutton Ross said: "Fortunately, Broadway is a very small community, so any speculation can be fairly easily confirmed by people inthe know.

Considering it's no one's business and people want to keep their jobs....no, no it won't be. She confirmed it, end of story.
"

Whatever you say. All I had to do was send one text message, and I got the answer I wanted. End of story.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#49Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
Posted: 2/21/20 at 8:44pm

Lol. Yeah, whatever you say.