pixeltracker

Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House”- Page 8

Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House”

Kimbo
#175Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/4/20 at 3:56pm

kofler22 said: "Do Seth and Patti have an issue or something? I find it strange that she didn’t appear in any episode and tonight they’re doing a Hollywoods cast reunion and the only one who’s not featured is her."

Very likely she's preparing/rehearsing for the lead role (the one Laurie Metcalf originated on Broadway with Nathan Lane) in this Thursday's live-streamed reading of "November", opposite John Malkovich and being directed by her old buddy David Mamet – a reading that was only announced this afternoon and is only 3 days away.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#176Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/4/20 at 4:10pm

Seth and James should be given a special Tony Award for Stars In The House. 

VintageSnarker
#177Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/4/20 at 4:39pm

uncageg said: "I am loving these shows but I do think that maybe they should cut the amount back. I am sure it is a lot to put together twice a day. I don't think they will run out of guests any time soon. My reason is because there are now a ton of online live streaming events. From facebook to Instagram, I can't keep up. (I don't do instagram though). Also all of the different theaters and performing arts centers releasing performances to watch. Throw in the music live streams (D-Nice is huge. They are bringing back an old MTV show just for him) on various sites.

I have missed "Stars in the House" a number of times because of other events I have watched. Maybe just do evening shows. It is also getting warmer. I would suspect people are going to start taking walks or just sitting outside. Maybe cut the afternoon shows and even not have a show one day a week just to give them a rest.

But these are great shows and a wonderful diversion from what we are all dealing with. JMO
"

I hope they're still raising much needed money but as a diversion, yeah, I don't really need it anymore. I was very grateful to have the structure and something to look forward to for a week or two and then it started to feel overwhelming. It's difficult to find activities that do not involve staring at a screen but I'm trying. I've been doing a lot of cleaning. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#178Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/4/20 at 4:55pm

I just don't think Seth & James can keep up the schedule knowing that Broadway may be shuttered the rest of the year. They've had a couple guest hosts already, but I think it may be time to reduce their schedule. I also wonder about the donations and how long do they expect people to continue donating?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

mcsquared
#179Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/4/20 at 7:22pm

Kimbo said: "kofler22 said: "Do Seth and Patti have an issue or something? I find it strange that she didn’t appear in any episode and tonight they’re doing a Hollywoods cast reunion and the only one who’s not featured is her."

Very likely she's preparing/rehearsing for the lead role (the one Laurie Metcalf originated on Broadway with Nathan Lane) in this Thursday's live-streamed reading of "November", opposite John Malkovich and being directed by her old buddy David Mamet – a reading that was only announced this afternoon and is only 3 days away.
"

Is there another thread about this? I didn't see any articles posted about it so would like to know the time when it will be

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#180Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/4/20 at 8:04pm

mcsquared said: "Kimbo said: "kofler22 said: "Do Seth and Patti have an issue or something? I find it strange that she didn’t appear in any episode and tonight they’re doing a Hollywoods cast reunion and the only one who’s not featured is her."

"

Is there another thread about this? I didn't see any articles posted about it so would like to know the time when it will be
"

Sounds like a promising series!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/news/john-malkovich-patti-lupone-more-stars-set-new-online-play-reading-series-1293152

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#181Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/4/20 at 9:54pm

Very excited for the reading of Significant Other with the original cast. Saw that many times Off and on Broadway. The individual scenes should work well on line. Love Letters should be great with Sally Field and Brian Cranston. That play is perfect for the on line format. And seeing November again with new leads will be fun too. Thank God for all these type presentations. The theatre doesn’t feel so far away and even though I’m actually only a few blocks from it, it does seem so far from reach these days.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#182Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/4/20 at 10:11pm

mcsquared said: "Kimbo said: "kofler22 said: "Do Seth and Patti have an issue or something? I find it strange that she didn’t appear in any episode and tonight they’re doing a Hollywoods cast reunion and the only one who’s not featured is her."

"

"

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1122334

kofler22
#183Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/4/20 at 10:36pm

Tag said: "^I've said this 100 times in this thread, she appeared in the Randy Rainbow episode of Stars in the House."

No she did not. Donna Murphy appeared in that episode, not Patti. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#184Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/4/20 at 10:42pm

kofler22 said: "Tag said: "^I've said this 100 times in this thread, she appeared in the Randy Rainbow episode of Stars in the House."

No she did not. Donna Murphy appeared in that episode, not Patti.
"

Yes, she did.

KJ4 Profile Photo
KJ4
#185Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/6/20 at 2:39am

The latest episode is soooo good. Everyone on there are freaking amazing. Ben, Lindsey, Jeremy and Keala.

Kudo to Benj and Justin for a lot of my fav songs.

Updated On: 5/6/20 at 02:39 AM

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#186Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/6/20 at 10:13am

Tag said: "^I've said this 100 times in this thread, she appeared in the Randy Rainbow episode of Stars in the House."

kofler22 said: No she did not. Donna Murphy appeared in that episode, not Patti. 

Umm hmm.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#187Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/6/20 at 10:44am

Looking at the upcoming schedule, there’s quite a few guest hosts which is nice. I’m glad they’re handing it off to others occasionally so they can rest.

BCfitasafiddle
#188Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/6/20 at 9:15pm

Tonight's episode was advertised with Christine Ebersole appearing and she wasn't there.. so sad not to see her! But such a fun episode.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#189Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/9/20 at 10:20pm

Tonight's episode (5/9) with Chita Rivera and fellow cast members from The Rink was absolutely hilarious. Some very funny mishap stories.

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#190Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/9/20 at 11:04pm

Agree, Morosco. I thought why watch it without Liza but all their stories were wonderful and their respect and love for each was a pleasure to see. I saw the show twice so it brought back memories for me too. And Jason Alexander’s end song was perfect. So, thx again Seth and James! 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#191Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/10/20 at 12:19pm

Last night's episode was one of my favorites. Glorious! Maybe it's me, but I'm preferring Chita over Cheno on Saturday evenings.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

BCfitasafiddle
#192Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/10/20 at 1:58pm

ACL2006 said: "Last night's episode was one of my favorites. Glorious! Maybe it's me, but I'm preferring Chita over Cheno on Saturday evenings."

I have to agree. I love love love Cheno, but she can be a bit too much for me sometimes. Chita is such a calming presence I find. 

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#193Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/10/20 at 9:19pm

I don’t know how to word this without sounding insanely cliche but watching this series is like hanging out with friends. I love just having the shows play while I’m pottering around the house doing chores, making dinner or cleaning my kitchen, etc. I think it’s the relaxed atmosphere of everyone being in their own home plus the chemistry and love they all have for one another that makes me feel like I’m part of their group. 

I hope this series continues once this lockdown is lifted because I’m loving it so much!

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#194Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/10/20 at 9:25pm

I have done the same. Have had in on while cooking.

The show this afternoon about the behind the scenes of "What the World Needs Now" was really good.

Just give the world Love.

kofler22
#195Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/11/20 at 1:22am

Is Liza hard to get? A Chita and Liza reunion would be everything!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#196Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/11/20 at 10:17am

kofler22 said: "Is Liza hard to get? A Chita and Liza reunion would be everything!"

Possibly, plus who knows about her health right now.

Last night's episode was nice, but I felt bad for Andrea Martin who was guest hosting. Her computer and/or Wi-Fi keep going out, so essentially Dr. LaPook had to take over hosting duties until Martin came back on. They have two guest hosts this week for the Mon & Tue matinees.

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#197Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/12/20 at 7:11am

Giddy. Tonight’s episode is a reunion of “Caroline in the City.” I may be the only one watching, but it’ll be with a massive smile on my face.

Wayman_Wong
#198Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/23/20 at 2:18am

Seth Rudetsky and James Wesley's ''Stars in the House'' yesterday hosted a reunion of ''Cry-Baby'' (2008 ), based on the John Waters movie. And the Broadway cast was such a blast: James Snyder, Elizabeth Stanley, Christopher J. Hanke, Alli Mauzey, Chester Gregory and Harriet Harris. They made ''Cry-Baby'' one of my favorite and most wonderfully wacky musicals of all-time. David Javerbaum and Adam Schlesinger's  songs were comic genius. (Thank god, they made a studio recording that ''features 88.4% of the original Broadway cast.'' )

Anyway, the insanely talented cast recalled the roller-coaster of craziness that was ''Cry-Baby.'' Snyder sang ''Baby Baby Baby Baby Baby (Baby Baby)'' from the show, and they paid tribute to Schlesinger, a victim of COVID-19, and remembered bookwriters Mark O'Donnell and Thomas Meehan, too.

I'll always be ''A Little Upset'' that ''Cry-Baby'' wasn't a blockbuster hit, but kudos to the cast and creators. ''Thanks for the Nifty'' musical!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5FTOTSk7wA

Updated On: 5/23/20 at 02:18 AM

mamaleh
#199Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/24/20 at 2:17am

I saw the show twice and thoroughly delighted in its zaniness.  There should be room on Broadway for good old-fashioned musical comedy alongside more serious musical theater.  I was planning a third visit when CRY-BABY closed, unfortunately.  The reunion chat brought back some wonderful memories.  Add my thanks to Seth and.James for their splendid series.