April 13th ??

hak5 Profile Photo
hak5
#1April 13th ??
Posted: 3/31/20 at 8:38pm

I do not think that shows will resume on April 13 as previously announced.... So when will they make the announcement of the extension of the closure? I would think they should let people know soon ?

AlanB3
#2April 13th ??
Posted: 3/31/20 at 9:00pm

This is already being discussed in at least a half-dozen other threads.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#3April 13th ??
Posted: 3/31/20 at 9:15pm

hak5 said: "I do not think that shows will resume on April 13 as previously announced.... So when will they make the announcement of the extension of the closure? I would think they should let people know soon ? "

On Monday April 13, 2020 at 9:48am ET.  

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#4April 13th ??
Posted: 3/31/20 at 9:28pm

But really they need to put out a statement ASAP. It’s getting ridiculous.

IAMREADING
#5April 13th ??
Posted: 3/31/20 at 9:41pm

Jordan Catalano said: "But really they need to put out a statement ASAP. It’s getting ridiculous."

I agree. I saw another poster say they were not able to get a refund for I believe Lehman Trilogy until it was officially canceled, but even some people who could once afford tickets may now really need that money back for someone else.

I will hate to see it officially closed past 4/13 but feel it's def. coming? 

Jordan Catalano
#6April 13th ??
Posted: 3/31/20 at 9:43pm

At least that show was filmed already.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#7April 13th ??
Posted: 3/31/20 at 9:45pm

hak5 said: "I do not think that shows will resume on April 13 as previously announced.... So when will they make the announcement of the extension of the closure? I would think they should let people know soon ?"

Because nobody knows...CASES have not even peaked in NYC yet and that won't happen for another 14-21 days or so per Cuomo and that's peaking...when will it plateau here. 2-4 weeeks or so after.

We have 43,139 CASES in NYC up 9298 from yesterday - 75,813 in NYS, 183,532 USA

BWAY is not gonna open as soon as we may hope...with social distancing a big factor, I bet it won't happen till after Labor Day 

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 3/31/20 at 09:45 PM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#8April 13th ??
Posted: 3/31/20 at 9:58pm

I still don't understand why these redundant threads continue to get responses. There's literally a thread titled "WHEN WILL THEY ANNOUNCE," which in itself was an unnecessary thread. Pretty much everything related to the closure is already being discussed in "Broadway to Close?," "Which shows will Covid-19 end?," and "Ticket Refunds." Considering most people are sitting home doing nothing, no one can say they don't have the time to look through existing threads before creating a new one, to say nothing of the search function.

Updated On: 3/31/20 at 09:58 PM

Susanswerphone Profile Photo
Susanswerphone
#9April 13th ??
Posted: 4/1/20 at 2:12am

CT2NYC said: "I still don't understand why these redundantthreads continue to get responses. 

It gives people a chance to focus on and talk about something other than the very real, frightening situation that is the world, particularly New York City, right now. It's a harmless form of  denial/escape---just like  thinking an April 13 reopening is realistic to the point of expecting an announcement about it. Or Dollypop's rather brilliant  AF joke. My heart leapt at the thought of it! And then I laughed. We all respond to crises in different ways on different days. Let it go.

"

AlanB3
#10April 13th ??
Posted: 4/1/20 at 9:22am

CT2NYC said: "I still don't understand why these redundantthreads continue to get responses. There's literally a thread titled "WHEN WILL THEY ANNOUNCE," which in itself wasan unnecessary thread. Pretty much everything related to the closure is already being discussed in "Broadway to Close?," "Which shows will Covid-19 end?," and "Ticket Refunds." Considering most people are sitting home doing nothing, no one can say they don't have the time to look through existing threads before creating a new one, to say nothing of the search function."

I so appreciate how theatreboard.co.uk mods will merge redundant threads

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#11April 13th ??
Posted: 4/1/20 at 9:48am

Susanswerphone said: "CT2NYC said: "I still don't understand why these redundantthreads continue to get responses.

It gives people a chance to focus on and talk about something other than the very real, frightening situation that is the world, particularly New York City, right now. It's a harmless form of denial/escape---just like thinking an April 13 reopening is realistic to the point of expecting an announcement about it. Or Dollypop's rather brilliant AF joke. My heart leapt at the thought of it! And then I laughed. We all respond to crises in different ways on different days. Let it go.

"

"

Let what go? My desire to have the board not be a disorganized mess? I think you missed my point entirely.

Jordan Catalano
#12April 13th ??
Posted: 4/1/20 at 10:13am

It’s an internet message board, not a Container Store.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#13April 13th ??
Posted: 4/1/20 at 10:43am

It appears Blue Man Group has now taken performances through Sunday May 3 off-sale. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#14April 13th ??
Posted: 4/1/20 at 3:20pm

54Below just nixed their schedule til 5/12 (previously 4/12 I believe, like others). 

Impossible2
#15April 13th ??
Posted: 4/1/20 at 3:31pm

Jordan Catalano said: "But really they need to put out a statement ASAP. It’s getting ridiculous."

I don't want to be rude, but what is ridiculous is that you think they have any idea when it will all be over or that it's even remotely important at the moment.

Updated On: 4/1/20 at 03:31 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#16April 13th ??
Posted: 4/1/20 at 5:01pm

It's not at all ridiculous to think that there should be a statement regarding closure past a date that is no longer a viable reopening point.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

A Canadian in NYC Profile Photo
A Canadian in NYC
#17April 13th ??
Posted: 4/1/20 at 7:06pm

IAMREADING said: "Jordan Catalano said: "But really they need to put out a statement ASAP. It’s getting ridiculous."

I agree. I saw another poster say they were not able to get a refund for I believe Lehman Trilogy until it was officially canceled, but even some people who could once afford tickets may now really need that money back for someone else.

I was really expecting  (hoping) an announcement on April 1st which hasn’t happened.   I have about $2400 in tickets for April 29 -May 3 performances.  I was able to cancel my flight and already have that refund but now am waiting for the cancellation to be official on the shows and the automation of refunds. 
I’d like my money back. I could really use it  now for living expenses.  

I will hate to see it officially closed past 4/13 but feel it's def. coming?
"

saxpower
#18April 13th ??
Posted: 4/1/20 at 8:33pm

To those who say talking about reopening of the theatres is missing the more important issues, those of us with tickets for the next few weeks would like to be able to make some plans.  I'm supposed to be seeing three shows the weekend of May 1.   I have hotel reservations and train tickets to cancel if the shows are not going forward.   Other people have the same issue, and we shouldn't have to run around at the last moment to make the cancellations.  I'm blessed enough that I can still afford everything if the shows go forward, but some are not and would like to know what's going on and get their money back promptly. 

That does NOT mean I don't understand there are bigger issues here- people becoming ill or dying, needing to get this under control, people losing jobs, etc.  However, this is an issue that needs to be resolved- we are two weeks from the planned reopening date.  If nothing else, the shows need to make some decisions soon if they are going to be ready to open on time.   

AlanB3
#19April 13th ??
Posted: 4/1/20 at 10:51pm

Understand your frustration, but there is not a single news headline about NYC right now that suggests in any way that Broadway shows will be operating on May 1.  All evidence is to the extreme contrary.

Jordan Catalano
#20April 13th ??
Posted: 4/1/20 at 11:03pm

And yet they’re still selling tickets and sending email blasts with discount codes. It is ridiculous and it needs to be addressed ASAP.

Tommymac 2
#21April 13th ??
Posted: 4/1/20 at 11:52pm

Jordan Catalano said: "It’s an internet message board, not a Container Store. "

Thank you ! People get wayyyy to obsessed with people starting similar threads. 

AlanB3
#22April 13th ??
Posted: 4/2/20 at 3:30am

I'm don't obsess over it. I think it is just a desirable courtesy on an active message board. It is hard to meaningfully engage in the conversation when the same topic is spread over multiple threads.  You have to go to each one to see what people are saying and where you want to engage. It doesn't take much effort to do a quick check to see if a thread exists for a topic before starting yet another one.

Updated On: 4/2/20 at 03:30 AM

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#23April 13th ??
Posted: 4/2/20 at 6:32am

Jordan Catalano said: "And yet they’re still selling tickets and sending email blasts with discount codes. It is ridiculous and it needs to be addressed ASAP."

Are shows seriously still selling tickets for future performances? 

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

BWAY Baby2
#24April 13th ??
Posted: 4/2/20 at 6:50am

Redundant threads are fine. People are anxious and new threads give new thoughts. What difference does it make if it is one thread or many?

kennedy_rose
#25April 13th ??
Posted: 4/2/20 at 10:34am

THE CDC HAS PUT THE STATEMENT OUT - LISTEN TO CUOMO, THAT'S IT!

END THIS THREAD PLEASE!