pixeltracker

THE MUSIC MAN Has Officially Been Rescheduled For April 7th, 2021- Page 4

THE MUSIC MAN Has Officially Been Rescheduled For April 7th, 2021

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#75MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
Posted: 6/24/20 at 4:11pm

I was able to snag some of the “cheap” seats back when they went on sale. A little annoying that I basically just had to spend another $200 because the date they selected for me doesn’t work.

Major first world problems, but still annoying.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

220Basswood
#76MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
Posted: 6/24/20 at 4:18pm

I am in the same boat as so many other people.  My original seats were on dates that worked for me.  The new dates don't.  I am supposed to fly from Florida to the Big Apple 2 weeks later so I went to change the tickets.  The system said that from April 7th to October 31st is totally sold out.  Has anyone else be able to seats during this time period?

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#77MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
Posted: 6/24/20 at 4:23pm

My November 21, 2020 8pm show, is now June 19th, 2021 at 8pm.  This new date is fine with me. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#78MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
Posted: 6/24/20 at 4:38pm

jo said: "Rehearsals to start on February 8, 2021 .

https://www.thewrap.com/hugh-jackman-music-man-revival-broadway-spring-2021/

"

Can't wait! This should be a hot ticket if both stars commit, and if the pandemic subsides/a vaccine is in place or has been distributed.

Oh look, a bibu!

blm2323
#79MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
Posted: 6/24/20 at 4:52pm

I can’t even get on the website. Keeps saying url can’t be found. Tried it on three different computers.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#80MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
Posted: 6/24/20 at 5:10pm

Try it late at night or in a few days. 

LexiGirl Profile Photo
LexiGirl
#81MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
Posted: 6/24/20 at 5:37pm

220Basswood said: "I am in the same boat as so many other people. My original seats were on dates that worked for me. The new dates don't. I am supposed to fly from Florida to the Big Apple 2 weeks later so I went to change the tickets. The system said that from April 7th to October 31st is totally sold out. Has anyone else be able to seats during this time period?"

Are you using the “Exchange” button on your order? If so, I get seats for April-June showing up (that’s what I was searching for). I haven’t tried to buy anything yet because it would be an extra $100 per ticket for similar seats which kinda makes me annoyed. If you don’t go through the “exchange” button, you don’t see any seats pop up because they don’t want people who haven’t already bought tickets to make purchases until previous purchasers have had a chance to make their exchanges. I appreciate that, but not the increased ticket costs. Feels a bit like a penalty for not liking your newly assigned dates.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#82MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
Posted: 6/24/20 at 6:03pm

The system said that from April 7th to October 31st is totally sold out. Has anyone else be able to seats during this time period?"

Doubt it's truly sold out as they're not starting regular sales til end of July. (presale on 7/23, regular on-sale 7/24) Gonna be a LOT of cancellations from the original sales I'd imagine, so some should open up. 

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#83MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
Posted: 6/24/20 at 6:10pm

Jpbran, absolutely.  It's not sold out.  Current ticket holders have priority now to either keep the newly assigned dates, get an exchange, or a refund.  Then the general public will be allowed to purchase tickets.  

Jarethan
#84MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
Posted: 6/24/20 at 6:48pm

220Basswood said: "I am in the same boat as so many other people. My original seats were on dates that worked for me. The new dates don't. I am supposed to fly from Florida to the Big Apple 2 weeks later so I went to change the tickets. The system said that from April 7th to October 31st is totally sold out. Has anyone else be able to seats during this time period?"

Damn.  I am in the same situation.  Had tickets for September 15thish, and they were changed to April 15thish.  I contacted them saying that I would definitely not be able to attend the selected performance, and asked if there was anything for September of October.  Failing that, I requested a refund.

Personally, as much as I want it to be, I still do not see any reason to believe that the Great White Way will be open in 9 months, with huge numbers of people already vaccinated, so that April date is still not going to work IMO.  Unfortunately, I am beginning to think that I am never going to see this revival, since my only reason for getting tickets was to see Jackman as Harold Hill. Since I assume that his contract will be up by no later than April 2022, the only likely options will be to see it with a replacement (I don't actually like MM enough to do that) or make a special trip up for a post 10/21 date when there are tickets available, which just seems too expensive to me since (assuming we are past Covid) means that airfare prices will be on their steady way up (between Nov and April).

Now, I am going to start hoping that Rudin does not make the same mistake / decision he made with Dolly, and does agree to have it filmed / taped for whatever streaming service is willing to pay big bucks to show it. Wont be the same, but better than nothing.

jo
#85MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
Posted: 6/24/20 at 7:10pm

Why is this phrase " this strictly limited engagement" included in the emails sent to ticketholders ?

"Since you are already a ticketholder for this strictly limited engagement  your booking has been automatically transferred to a new performance"

The last ticket date allowed for release is November 14 - would that be the end of the road for this show?  Or is that just pure marketing hype?

Updated On: 6/24/20 at 07:10 PM

Danasi
#86MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
Posted: 6/24/20 at 7:28pm

jo said: "Why is this phrase" this strictly limited engagement" included in the emails sent to ticketholders ?

"Since you are already a ticketholder forthis strictly limited engagement your booking has been automatically transferred to a new performance"

The last ticket date allowed for release is November 14 - would that be the end of the road for this show? Or is that just pure marketing hype?
"

I was wondering the same thing. I'd bought tickets to see it this Thanksgiving with family that lives out of town. The new date in June 2021 works for me, but not them. They said they'd be fine seeing it with someone other than Hugh Jackman (if they continue the show after he leaves like they did with Hello Dolly after Bette Midler). Per the email we have to decide what to do with our tickets before July 23rd and I don't know if they'll announce any extensions before then

ETA fix typo

Updated On: 6/24/20 at 07:28 PM

Playbill_Trash
#87MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
Posted: 6/24/20 at 7:31pm

Just to be clear, even though telecharge didn’t state it in the email, can you still email their customer service for a full refund of your initial purchase instead of accepting newly assigned tickets? If you’re not comfortable going, or for whatever reason?

220Basswood
#88MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
Posted: 6/24/20 at 7:51pm

nealb1 said: "Jpbran, absolutely. It's not sold out. Current ticket holders have priority now to either keep the newly assigned dates, get an exchange, or a refund. Then the general public will be allowed to purchase tickets."

Hi.  You're right.  I was not going through the exchange link.  I didn't realize the email carefully so I wasn't initially going through that link.  Once I went through the exchange link I saw 18 orchestra seats during the month of April.  I am really really hoping that someone cancels two orchestra seats for the weekend I will be there in April.  Yes I know it will still be the preview time period but I would rather see him during previews that try to figure out how to make another trip the Big Apple.  Plus, I'm sure Hugh in previews is still awesome.  

Regem10
#89MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
Posted: 6/24/20 at 8:30pm

Sorry to ask this Im kind of confused. For those who have exchanged. I clicked the exchange link and ending up finding dates and seats that work better. I added them to my cart and paid for them by entering my credit card info. Am I going to get the refund for my first initial purchase? It seems like a convoluted way of doing it idk. Thank you in advance.

AllThatJazz2
#90MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
Posted: 6/24/20 at 9:01pm

Couple of questions with the exchange - 1) are you able to view the other available seats without giving up your original ones? I don't want to lose our seats if there is nothing comparable available. We are front row center mezz, so we are very happy with the location, but the date is another story...might have a work issue.

Also, when exchanging, are they allowing you to do a straight exchange or are you responsible for paying for any upcharges (for the same area)? We bought our seats the moment they went on sale and before they took the ticket sales offline our same seats had gone up enormously in price on similar dates. 

RedMoon
#91MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
Posted: 6/24/20 at 9:06pm

LexiGirl said: "Are you using the “Exchange” button on your order? If so, I get seats for April-June showing up (that’s what I was searching for). I haven’t tried to buy anything yet because it would be an extra $100 per ticket for similar seats which kinda makes me annoyed.If you don’t go through the “exchange” button, you don’t see any seats pop up because they don’t want people who haven’t already bought tickets to make purchases until previous purchasers have had a chance to make their exchanges. I appreciate that, but not the increased ticket costs. Feels a bit like a penalty for not liking your newly assigned dates."

Are you definitely able to retain your current tickets if you go through the exchange button but don't want any of the available options? They rescheduled me to the preview period so I'm trying to switch to a few weeks later but don't want to lose what I already have.

Updated On: 6/24/20 at 09:06 PM

EDR1971
#92MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
Posted: 6/24/20 at 9:16pm

The email I received said after new purchase was made, old tickets will be refunded.  They are actually pretty organized it is pretty impressive fore them.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#93MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
Posted: 6/24/20 at 9:33pm

Will there be a vaccine by April/May 2021?  I truly believe so.

Will the manufacturing and distribution of the vaccine be fully accessible?  BIG maybe. I'd give it till mid June for that aspect. ( no they will not make it avail for free to every vaccine manufacturer there are contracts already signed as to who is doing that. Possibly they could licence ) 

LexiGirl Profile Photo
LexiGirl
#94MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
Posted: 6/24/20 at 9:35pm

RedMoon said: "Are you definitely able to retain your current tickets if you go through the exchange button but don't want any of the available options? They rescheduled me to the preview period so I'm trying to switch to a few weeks later but don't want to lose what I already have."

Yes, they won’t cancel and refund your old tickets until you actually buy the new ones. I was worried about that too, but decided to try it anyway. So I’ve looked for tickets using the exchange button a couple of times today, even starting to purchase new ones because I wanted to see if I had to pay more money. Once I realized, yes, I’d have to pay quite a bit more, I didn’t go through with the purchase. I still see the date they assigned me in my orders and it allows me to continue checking back, so I didn’t lose them. 

djoko84
#95MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
Posted: 6/24/20 at 9:44pm

Playbill_Trash said: "Just to be clear, even though telecharge didn’t state it in the email, can you still email their customer service for a full refund of your initial purchase instead of accepting newly assigned tickets? If you’re not comfortable going, or for whatever reason?"

If you go into the link they sent you in the email they give you the option to ask for a refund, which I did. I think it's totally ludicrous that they just automatically give you new seats and a new date.

RedMoon
#96MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
Posted: 6/24/20 at 10:57pm

Thanks LexiGirl! I was able to exchange. $30 more but the seats are a bit better.

PutonyourWarPaint Profile Photo
PutonyourWarPaint
#97MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
Posted: 6/25/20 at 11:17am

I'm curious as to this procedure. If you don't like the tickets you have, you can "exchange" them. But in the telecharge ordering page it basically just looks like you're BUYING a new block of tickets. And in due time Telecharge will refund the 1st transaction? Is that what I'm to take away from this? So now, my already ridiculous ticket cost that was supposed to be for a week after opening, cannot be switched for performances in early OCTOBER 2021 (ya know a busy tourist month anyway (sarcasm)) without an increase of over $200.

Scott Rudin is a fool if he think's i'm about to drop another $2,000 on my credit card during an ongoing global pandemic. 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#98MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
Posted: 6/25/20 at 11:21am

I can’t speak to right now but the process you are describing is how telecharge used to do exchanges, so I’m not surprised. They should give your money back.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#99MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
Posted: 6/25/20 at 2:00pm

Putonyourwarpaint, correct.  If you do exchange your ticket through the exchange link, you will be charged on your credit card for the new date, and receive a refund for the original one.  It's a very easy process and Telecharge is always very, very good with issuing refunds - for whatever reason.  Whenever I have refunded tickets, it's always been very quick and easy.  

Videos