pixeltracker

Universal's WICKED Films - News & Discussion Thread- Page 59

Universal's WICKED Films - News & Discussion Thread

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#1450Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 4/11/24 at 1:05am

I think that’s great casting! Wish it was more than just a voice role, but he’ll be great nonetheless. 

TBFL Profile Photo
TBFL
#1451Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 4/11/24 at 2:49am

Now we wait to see if they include 'Something Bad'
It was one of the first things they filmed. Will be interesting to see how they dub his voice onto the actor who played him physically.

Rentaholic2
#1452Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 4/11/24 at 6:29am

The longer they wait to reveal what Dr Dillamond will look like, the more I fear it’s going to be a big WTF letdown.  Like when the internet first saw Will Smith’s Genie or Sonic with human teeth. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#1453Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 4/13/24 at 1:41pm

CinemaCon poster:

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#1454Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 4/13/24 at 1:44pm

Rentaholic2 said: "The longer they wait to reveal what Dr Dillamond will look like, the more I fear it’s going to be a big WTF letdown. Like when the internet first saw Will Smith’s Genie or Sonic with human teeth."

Baby, it is a Goatman. Literally nobody is going to be invested in him or even care what he looks like. 

TaffyDavenport
#1455Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 5/7/24 at 1:56pm

Cynthia Erivo and Ariana Grande perform "When You Believe" at the Met Gala:

https://www.tiktok.com/@arianagrande/video/7366251670562442542

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#1456Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 5/13/24 at 12:10pm

Universal will debut an exclusive four-minute first look of the film later this week:

https://deadline.com/2024/05/wicked-movie-preview-nbcuniversal-upfront-1235913902/

Oh look, a bibu!

JudyDenmark Profile Photo
JudyDenmark
#1457Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 5/13/24 at 1:06pm

I just saw it at the upfront and thought it looked pretty fabulous! The musical aspects aren’t featured but not totally hidden away either, which is nice. 

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
ElephantLoveMedley
#1459Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 5/13/24 at 1:12pm

Looking sooooooo good.

DaveyG
#1460Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 5/13/24 at 1:28pm

This piece finally made me excited for this movie.

rattleNwoolypenguin
#1461Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 5/13/24 at 2:17pm

At worst it will be just okay with some great things.

That's the vibe I'm getting.

Which is a good thing!

BwayLB
#1462Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 5/13/24 at 2:27pm

I can feel Cynthia and Ariana’s passion! The more excitement from these videos the scarier it is to see this movie compete with Moana 2.

MagicalMusical Profile Photo
MagicalMusical
#1463Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 5/13/24 at 5:56pm

The costumes, sets, staging and dancing look glorious! And seeing how much Cynthia and Ariana want to be in this, and how much Jon M. Chu wants to direct this, makes me so excited!

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#1464Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 5/13/24 at 6:19pm

I’m not a fan of Wicked at all, I think act one is a major slog to get through. Act two is slightly better. But watching that behind the scenes promo that was just released , made me excited to see this. Who knew! 

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

bwayobsessed
#1465Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 5/13/24 at 8:10pm

This behind the scenes feature is the first thing I've seen that really made me excited. It has a certain magic the previous trailer lacked. The costumes really shine in it. 

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#1466Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 5/13/24 at 9:48pm

Here’s the thing - I’m keeping my expectations realistic and not expecting Oscars for their performances. Both women have incredible voices, and in a musical, that matters and will definitely get them praise, but from what I’ve seen in Harriet and Hairspray Live, I don’t know that we’re getting nuanced performances (although I’m keeping a glimmer of hope alive for Cynthia who, as an actress, has more potential that Ariana).

I think Jonathan will be lots of fun, and audiences will love him. His star is already on the rise. The rest of the supporting cast will be silly and weird. Jeff Goldblum and Bowen Yang are always kinda weird and over the top. We’ll see how weird they’re allowed to get.

It’s clear that the cast has a lot of love for this, and that’s what comes across in the new clip and is so refreshing. That’ll make it an audience pleaser (for the 16 people who still go to the movies 😬). An awards-show darling? Not anticipating it (except for costumes and sets). I hope I’m wrong, but either way, I’ll enjoy it.

TaffyDavenport
ElephantLoveMedley
#1468Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 5/14/24 at 11:22am

Didn't love the original teaser poster but absolutely LOOOOOVE this one!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#1469Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 5/14/24 at 11:26am

I'm struck by how little of this marketing makes clear this is a two-part movie.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Jeffrey Karasarides
#1470Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 5/14/24 at 11:46am

Kad said: "I'm struck by how little of this marketing makes clear this is a two-part movie."

This is probably going to be similar to how the first Dune was advertised. None of the marketing for that mentioned it was a 'Part One' at all. It was only in the finished film that had it titled Dune: Part One. Although in that scenario, Part Two hadn't been greenlit for production yet. With Wicked, both parts were shot at the same time.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#1471Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 5/14/24 at 12:03pm

ElephantLoveMedley said: "Didn't love the original teaser poster but absolutely LOOOOOVE this one!"

I think it looks so fan made :/

TaffyDavenport
EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#1473Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 5/15/24 at 11:11am

Official trailer:

Oh look, a bibu!

Jeffrey Karasarides
#1474Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 5/15/24 at 11:11am

As today marks the birthday of author L. Frank Baum, the first full length trailer has just debuted.

Latest Posts