pixeltracker

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?- Page 3

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#50Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 5/29/21 at 4:58pm

7thbighero said: "I’m curious why Kingsley Leggs and Kris Roberts aren’t returning."

More of a dream casting, but I’d love to see Kingsley return to the role of Hermès for the Hadestown tour! He played the part during the Edmonton run, but was ultimately replaced by Shields for the London tryout.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 5/29/21 at 04:58 PM

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#51Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 5/30/21 at 8:51am

7thbighero said: "I’m curious why Kingsley Leggs and Kris Roberts aren’t returning."

Took acting role on cruise ship  starting June 2021.

https://www.krisroberts.net

As for Kingsley, ????

7thbighero
#52Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 5/30/21 at 5:54pm

Coincidentally I was listening to this interview with Aaron Harrington 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubrXc4QU7vI

and at around 22:00 he talks about auditioning for the show and being in the rehearsals right before Covid and it seems like he was about to take over for Kingsley when Jeremy was coming in

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#53Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 8/28/21 at 7:27pm

Sutton Ross said: "greensgreens said: "Looking to schedule first part of April. Anyone think Jeremy or Christian will have moved on by then?"

Jeremy has never stayed that long on or off Broadway in over a decade. He will have moved on far before April.
"

Does anyone know how long Jeremy Jordan will be in this production?

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#54Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 8/28/21 at 9:15pm

I'm guessing that he'll be with show until 1/9/22, which is the date that tickets are currently on sale through, then he has the Bonnie and Clyde concerts in London on 1/17 and 1/18. I did notice that he has in concert in NJ on 1/8, so he'll obviously be out that night, unless his last performance is on 1/2, which I suppose is also a possibility.

Updated On: 8/28/21 at 09:15 PM

amygbrooks
#55Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 8/29/21 at 4:54pm

From a very reliable source inside the production...Jeremy will be with the show at least through the end of the year.

Moving on to my own conjecture...I would be shocked if he stayed beyond that, based on the fact that he historically never stays in shows that long (as mentioned by previous poster). He's pretty open about the fact that he doesn't like spending so much time away from his daughter.

Also, he mentioned during his concert in Kansas City this past Thursday that he'll be back in Little Shop rehearsals starting Monday.

On a related note, I'm really curious about whether the Bonnie & Clyde concerts in London will go forward given Laura Osnes' unvaccinated status.

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#56Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 8/29/21 at 8:30pm

amygbrooks said: "From a very reliable source inside the production...Jeremy will be with the show at least through the end of the year."

Any word on how long Tammy will stay with the show? I love her in other things, but she’s been the component keeping me away from this production. I just don’t want to hear the role of Audrey sung, um, less well than we’re used to.

bway0
#57Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 8/29/21 at 8:41pm

NOWaWarning said: "amygbrooks said: "From a very reliable source inside the production...Jeremy will be with the show at least through the end of the year."

Any word on how long Tammy will stay with the show? I love her in other things, but she’s been the component keeping me away from this production. I just don’t want to hear the role of Audrey sung, um, less well than we’re used to.
"

I’m not planning to go to NYC this year but I will make an exception if Tammy leaves anytime soon. Would love to see Little Shop again but I don’t know if I can make it through with her

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#58Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 8/29/21 at 8:46pm

I sincerely doubt she will leave. She was almost at her third Seymour with no intention of leaving before the pandemic. She still wants to be in the show clearly and it's not like she's high in demand anywhere else. But, Jeremy and Christian cancel her out as far as Im concerned so it's worth it. 

Still, if only Megan Hilty could come to New York for a month and be Audrey. A girl can dream....

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#59Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 8/29/21 at 10:29pm

Plus it looks like this show is selling well.

Zion24
#60Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 8/29/21 at 11:18pm

No opinion on Blanchard's performance, but the show sells well, and she got glowing reviews, if I remember correctly. I doubt the powers that be want her going anywhere, and the show was open for roughly six months pre-pandemic, so its not even like she's been performing in it for a long time.

Sutton Ross
#61Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 8/29/21 at 11:41pm

Glowing reviews on here for her? Nope. But, it doesn't really matter what critics say about a show that is off Broadway anyways. It's selling because of Jeremy Jordan, that's really all there is to it. It sold poorly as soon as Jonathan left. Tells you all you need to know. She is replaceable and not good, so nobody would care or mind if she left. 

Updated On: 8/29/21 at 11:41 PM

Zion24
#62Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 8/30/21 at 12:18am

Right, she isn't a box office draw, and I don't think she was hired to be. I know she has her detractors here, but outside of this very narrow bubble, she got very good reviews (and a buncha nominations), and was doing the show for no more than six months, so I'm not sure where the hostility comes from that she should head on outta there because... a buncha online theater nerds complain about her? Just such a bizarre take. 

Sutton Ross
#63Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 8/30/21 at 12:23am

She isn't good in the part and her voice is grating. Period. It's not really debatable so let's stop. Thanks. 

And "law professors" don't use the word "buncha". Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?

Zion24
#64Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 8/30/21 at 2:59am

Yeah, i haven't seen her so I don't have an opinion on her performance, the merits of which have nothing to do with what i was saying and don't speak to your point which was "she should leave already because 11 people on the internet don't like her."

I will admit that your hysteria here re her performance is priming me to enjoy it when I see her in a few weeks. 

And yes, I know, you don't believe I teach law and your basis for this is the manner in which i chat about nonsense on a message board in the middle of the night (ironically, preparing for a syllabus for the class i don't teach, like a crazy person). You continue to be a delight. 

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#65Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 8/30/21 at 8:23am

My only video that ever went - well not viral - maybe bacterial

Jeremy Jordan and Betsy Wolfe "Suddenly Seymour" with patter

That's Betsy's diary Jeremy makes away with at the end. She had used it as a prop.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#66Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 8/30/21 at 8:49am

Sutton Ross said: "She isn't good in the part and her voice is grating. Period. It's not really debatable so let's stop. Thanks.

And "law professors" don't use the word "buncha".
"

I enjoyed her performance quite a lot. She looked smoking hot, and gave me the right amount of glamour and camp.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#67Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 8/30/21 at 9:31am

I enjoyed Tammy's performance as well and would see her again! Glad to see the show is also selling well.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#68Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 8/30/21 at 9:43am

The show is selling well based on the show and the combination of talent on stage. Jordan is great, but it's not like he made Bonnie and Clyde a giant success. 

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#69Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 8/30/21 at 9:50am

RippedMan said: "The show is selling well based on the show and the combination of talent on stage. Jordan is great, but it's not like he made Bonnie and Clyde a giant success."

Edited: It's not like it mattered...according to Tik Tok users, Disney allegedly paid critics to pan the show so he could do Newsies in the spring. 

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone
Updated On: 8/30/21 at 09:50 AM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#70Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 8/30/21 at 10:17am

* according to users on TikTok

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Zion24
#71Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 8/30/21 at 10:48am

LizzieCurry said: "* according to users on TikTok"

**according to users on TikTok who most definitely are not critics or Disney producers.

Sutton Ross
#72Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 8/30/21 at 12:05pm

RippedMan said: "The show is selling well based on the show and the combination of talent on stage. Jordan is great, but it's not like he made Bonnie and Clyde a giant success."

Jeremy Jordan wasn't well known until the year after Bonnie and Clyde. With Newsies he became very popular and known. He's the draw and why tickets are selling well. Christian Borle doesn't hurt either! 

JSquared2
#73Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 8/30/21 at 12:51pm

LizzieCurry said: "* according to users on TikTok"

To borrow from (and add to) a quote from 2 Broke Girls"...

"Twitter is stupid and Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read...and TikTok is for the people who find Twitter too intellectually challenging."

Sutton Ross
#74Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 8/30/21 at 1:43pm

Edited: It's not like it mattered...according to Tik Tok users, Disney allegedly paid critics to pan the show so he could do Newsies in the spring.

Nope. Relying on people who were toddlers when Newsies premiered is NOT the move. 

Videos