pixeltracker

Delta Variant and Broadway- Page 5

Delta Variant and Broadway

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#100Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/20/21 at 7:48pm

dadaguza said: "Highland Guy said: "dadaguza said: "And I couldn't care less what anyone on this board thinks of me or what I have to say."

Then why do you post?
"

Because I want to.
"

Never mind.  I don't actually care.

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 7/23/21 at 07:48 PM

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#101Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/20/21 at 7:56pm

Salzburg Festival Announces Mandatory Facemasks After Audience Member Tests Positive for COVID-19

I imagine positive audience cases on Broadway will be a daily occurrence.

Lavieboheme3090 Profile Photo
Lavieboheme3090
#102Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/20/21 at 8:04pm

New York to Require Vaccination or Weekly Testing for City Health Workers

We are gonna start seeing more mandates like this, and ever shot that goes in a arm helps. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#103Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/20/21 at 8:25pm

dadaguza said: "I'm not telling anyone they shouldn't get vaccinated. Nor did I mention whether I myself am vaccinated.I was making a statement about why some people might be hesitant. No reason to call them morons or losers or Trump flag wielding monster truck fans. Why is everything left vs right? And I couldn't care less what anyone on this board thinks of me or what I have to say."

When you tell someone that it is an open question if they should get vaccinated, that there are reasons on both sides of the question, instead of calling them morons for not getting vaccinated, you are peddling death. How do you differ from someone telling a junkie that it's an open question if they should shoot up with heroin when they tell you it feels so good? You don't. There is no intellectually defensible reason not to get vaccinated, much less a morally defensible reason to tell someone it is ok (again, with the exception of someone with a legitimate medical contraindication, which is not what you are talking about. Why is it a left vs right issue? Simple: Trump, his insurrectionist thugs, and his Republican suckups made it one. PS Your "not caring what anyone thinks" is as lame an angle as your defense of anti-vaxxers.  

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#104Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/20/21 at 8:53pm

Perfectly worded, Hogan.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#105Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/20/21 at 9:08pm

dadaguza said: "Joking or not, that's an inconsiderate thing to say. (Not just on your part but all the others making comments.) Many people are leery and hesitantabout getting "vaxxed' (for some reason, that word annoys me) due to other potential health repercussions, and some are not comfortable with it not being fully FDA approved yet.

Oh, and I was at Monster Jam this past Sunday.

Edit - This was in response to Jordan's post but directed now to everyone.
"

The following are valid reasons to not get vaccinated in the US:

1.) Person is under 12 years old
2.) Some kind of rare allergy to the vaccine

That. Is. It.

There is no other rational reason to not get vaccinated, at this point. Period. And, for the record, there were some trepidations that were valid back in January/February. But now we're nearing August. The game is up. It's simple: either someone gets vaccinated, or they're ruining it for all the rest of us.

Edit: This is not just directed at Trump supporters.

Updated On: 7/20/21 at 09:08 PM

bear88
#106Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/20/21 at 9:46pm

The focus of the vaccination campaign has been on preventing death and hospitalization. The vaccine has been effective at doing that, which is a wonderful thing.

My fondest hope for the vaccine has been that it would turn Covid into a minor inconvenience, a nasty cold no worse than the flu. The other hope is that it would eliminate or alleviate ‘Long Covid,’ the lingering and debilitating ailment that affects people for months afterward. What’s not clear is whether the vaccines are succeeding in doing that, especially given the uncertainty surrounding the Delta variant. What’s also unclear is when, or whether, we will need booster shots either targeted at the variants or because the vaccine wears off.

I have no expertise in this area but it seems like the answer to both questions is uncertain. And that does affect how I feel about heading out and about, including to shows. Proof of vaccination helps - and the one show I have tickets for next week requires proof - as do mask requirements, a rule at a regional theater where I am thinking of seeing a play.

But I must admit that the Delta factor has me feeling a bit skittish about going out just for entertainment. (It’s different if I have to go places for work.) And entertainment should be fun. I am honestly torn between wanting to support local theaters, seeing shows, and even planning a New York City trip next spring - and feeling like that’s impossible right now.

And so it goes…

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#107Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/21/21 at 10:28am

BroadwayRox3588 said: "dadaguza said: "Joking or not, that's an inconsiderate thing to say. (Not just on your part but all the others making comments.) Many people are leery and hesitantabout getting "vaxxed' (for some reason, that word annoys me) due to other potential health repercussions, and some are not comfortable with it not being fully FDA approved yet.

Oh, and I was at Monster Jam this past Sunday.

Edit - This was in response to Jordan's post but directed now to everyone.
"

The following are valid reasons to not get vaccinated in the US:

1.) Person is under 12 years old
2.) Some kind of rare allergy to the vaccine

That. Is. It.

There is no other rational reason to not get vaccinated, at this point. Period. And, for the record, there were some trepidations that were valid back in January/February. But now we're nearing August. The game is up. It's simple: either someone gets vaccinated, or they're ruining it for all the rest of us.

Edit: This is not just directed at Trump supporters.
"

This. One of my coworkers refuses to get vaccinated for "personal reasons." However, she's dumb also because she says she will still wear a mask everywhere because she is afraid of the virus. Well, wouldn't getting vaccinated put your mind a little more at ease? She's also praising me for getting it, also wanted to know if our coworker who died from covid was vaccinated. You just can't fix stupid.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

IAMREADING
#108Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/21/21 at 10:32am

Today in The Hollywood Reporter: Broadway's Reopening Fears Amid COVID-19
- Jordan Roth/Jujamcyn Theaters requiring vax at Pass Over
- Springsteen and Pass Over have 2 people in the cast; bigger test will be shows like Wicked and Lion King with up to 125 cast and crew members
- possibility of theatres having unvaccinated, masked patron sections 

• “There’s so much we still don’t know,” says Broadway League president Charlotte St. Martin. “We know that the state at this point has given us the go-ahead to open with the guidelines that the audience does not have to be masked if they’ve been vaccinated. You can have unvaccinated people with masks sitting in their own special section. It will depend upon the theater.”

Updated On: 7/21/21 at 10:32 AM

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#109Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/21/21 at 10:47am

Charlotte St. Martin once said that people who don't take the vaccine are idiots (would provide the link, but I don't remember where I saw the quote). So the fact that she's even entertaining the notion of unvaccinated people, masked or not, being allowed in the theatre is somewhat maddening.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#110Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/21/21 at 11:20am

Not really, she just wants audiences back. It should not depend on the theater, it should be straight across the board. The vaccinated are welcome. Everyone else can piss off.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#111Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/21/21 at 11:35am

No matter the subject, St. Martin is clueless. That she still has her job is astonishing and mysterious. But we take things as we find them, and that includes paying her no mind. 

jlindsey865 Profile Photo
jlindsey865
#112Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/21/21 at 11:48am

Planning a trip to NYC in the fall.  Do you all imagine that a photo of proof of vaccine card will suffice (on my phone), or will the hard copy be required?

Sutton Ross
#113Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/21/21 at 12:02pm

Honestly, I think a photo of it along with your ID should be okay. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#114Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/21/21 at 1:20pm

I assume there will be explicit information posted on this before the time you need to know but absent that I would not dream of relying on a photo. What if the assumption of some random anonymous person on a message board is wrong? Also, you may need it somewhere else that wants to see the real thing. (And I expect, the way things are going, that the vaccine proof will be required in more rather than less places here.)

Princeton2
#115Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/21/21 at 1:28pm

HogansHero said: "@Princeton2, if you heardsomething that said "60% of people in hospital are double jabbed," someone misspoke. Or you mis-heard. If you heard somewhere that it is not safe for folks who are vaccinated to go to the theatre, you also mis-heard. I cannot speak to the case of your "friend (in their 30s) who had Pfizer and was hospitalised recently" but I can tell you that it is far "safer" to be vaccinated and go to the theatre than it is to cross a street to get there.

@dadaguza peddle your nonsense elsewhere. Absent some explicit medical contraindication, it is ignorant not to get vaccinated for the reasons you mention. And you deserve to be treated inconsiderately for suggesting such nonsense. It is scary how much misinformation is being posted by a few on this board right now. Pray that no one listens to you.
"

Turns out he corrected himself on twitter after...would be helpful if they made a better statement than just twitter but hey ho. Good news at least. 60% in hospital are unvaccinated, meaning still 40% have been vaccinated .

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-vallance-corrects-mistake-to-say-60-of-people-being-admitted-to-hospital-with-coronavirus-are-unvaccinated-12359317

I never said it wasn't safe to go to the theatre , my issue is with this 'I'm alright jack, I'm vaccinated, the pandemic is over attitude'.  Jabs offer a lot of protection and signs are they break the link between sickness and death, but they are not a guarantee, as has been proven by so many vaccinated people still getting the delta variant.  and in my friends case needing hospital care for a couple of days. Proceed with caution is a better attitude.

And for the record I'm fully vaccinated, not anti vax at all, just concerned by so much false info on vaccinations from both sides of the argument. 

jlindsey865
#116Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/21/21 at 1:46pm

HogansHero said: "I assume there will be explicit information posted on this before the time you need to know but absent that I would not dream of relying on a photo. What if the assumption of some random anonymous person on a message board is wrong? Also, you may need it somewhere else that wants to see the real thing. (And I expect, the way things are going, that the vaccine proof will be required in more rather than less places here.)"

Of course.  I was looking more to survey people’s thoughts on the matter as opposed to seeking out gospel truth.

I’m all for requiring proof of vaccination, but I am definitely curious about the logistics of doing so in large gatherings.

Updated On: 7/21/21 at 01:46 PM

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#117Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/21/21 at 2:10pm

@jlindsey re large groups I can only judge by what my experience was early in the baseball season, which was that it flowed as smoothly as scanning your ticket to get in. (It was a separate person, before you got to the ticket person.) I expect a lot of New Yorkers will be using the Excelsior Pass on their phone instead of the physical card, and the venue scans that pass same as they do the ticket.

@princeton that's wildly different than the US data (3% of hospitalizations as of 5 days ago were vaccinated) which seems to support our worst fears about the efficacy of the AZ vaccines.

Updated On: 7/21/21 at 02:10 PM

FosseTharp Profile Photo
FosseTharp
#118Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/21/21 at 2:13pm

When I come to the city for Waitress and Hadestown I plan to bri the hard copy, along with the photo on my phone, as well as the proof from my health chart app on my phone with my records through my doctors office… just to be safe. But I sure do hope they change to require vaccinations for performances.

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#119Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/21/21 at 2:50pm

I’m on the fence about people just using a photo of their card. I’m kind of surprised that more people haven’t gotten the digital/Excelsior Pass, which is a little bit more legitimate IMO.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#120Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/21/21 at 3:02pm

I have both the Excelsior Pass and a picture of my vaccination card, but I guess it'll be fine if I have to bring the hard copy in.

Oh look, a bibu!

jlindsey865
#121Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/21/21 at 3:11pm

The Excelsior Pass sounds like such an excellent idea.  I live in Nashville, TN, and we don't have anything like that.  Which is shocking to EVERYONE, right?

Updated On: 7/21/21 at 03:11 PM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#122Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/21/21 at 8:22pm

all our friends in nyc and colleagues have the excelsior pass web portal

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Sutton Ross
#123Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/22/21 at 7:45pm

I heard it was super buggy. I hope they figured that out. 

Sutton Ross
#124Delta Variant and Broadway
Posted: 7/22/21 at 7:45pm

I heard it was super buggy. I hope they figured that out.