pixeltracker

Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022- Page 4

Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#75Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022
Posted: 2/14/22 at 5:30pm

I think this is the first we've heard of the design team, too, which is a stellar (and HOPEFULLY cohesive) group.

Scenic Design by Christine Jones; Costume Design by Suttirat Larlarb; Lighting Design by Jane Cox; Sound Design by Mikaal Sulaiman; Make-Up Design by Tommy Kurzman; Original Music by Gaelynn Lea; Violence Direction by David Leong; Movement by Sam Pinkleton; Dramaturgy & Text Consultant: Michael Sexton & Ayanna Thompson; Vocal Coach: Dawn-Elin Fraser; Special Effects by Jeremy Chernick

adotburr
#76Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022
Posted: 2/21/22 at 3:24pm

TaffyDavenport said: "TarHeelAlan said: "TaffyDavenport said: "I splurged for this when tickets first went on sale, and I feel much better having spent $150 for mezzanine row D at the Longacre than at the Lyceum. Although, had I known, I might have bought a cheap balcony seat, since the Longacre's is so much better."

We are in the exact same situation as you, having also bought $149 tix for Mezzanine Row D. They seemed to be a good combination of decent location and reasonable price. I'm not familiar enough with the two theatres to make a direct comparison, so just wondering why you feel these seats are actually better in the Longacre than the Lyceum? Thanks for any insight you can offer.

"

Well, besides the fact that the Lyceum is kind of a dump, the mezzanine at the Longacre is closer to the stage, overhanging the orchestra at row H, as opposed to row L at the Lyceum. I think the difference is noticeable.
"

I currently have one of those $45 balcony seats in the last row. I'm thinking about moving down to somewhere in the mezz but not sure I want to spend $100 more on the ticket. What are your thoughts about the front of the balcony? Or just splurge and move to mezz? I've never been to this theatre before and I've never seen Macbeth before.. I'm really not sure what I'm getting myself into here. haha 

she/her . “everything’s legal in new jersey”

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#77Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022
Posted: 2/21/22 at 3:39pm

This is on my list for my May trip, but I am waiting to see what word of mouth and reviews are before buying as Sam Gold can be hit or miss. I found his King Lear to be bizarre beyond belief. I will never forget the purple carpet, gold walls, and ceramic bulldogs...

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

MadsonMelo
#78Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022
Posted: 3/15/22 at 11:02pm

Do you guys think this is the kind of show that we will get rush tickets or should I grab one of the few tickets that I could find (and afford) during my trip before I have no other option? Can't really pay $400 on a ticket.

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#79Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022
Posted: 3/16/22 at 7:47pm

Gibsons2: It's Ruth Negga for me. I got my ticket. 

Unfortunately I missed Ruth in Hamlet which was bestowed with a Brantley Critic’s Pick designation.  I decided today to bite the bullet and got a center orchestra row B seat for a Wednesday matinee.  The ticket was much less than what they are charging in the evening.  Looking forward to seeing Amber Gray as well.

In my research I serendipitously came across a Negga - Bond connection that I never knew existed. 

Shirley Bassey

MadsonMelo
#80Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022
Posted: 3/17/22 at 3:22am

I have these three options, is there a real difference between them?

LEFT BALCONY Row A, Seat 24 - $118,25

RIGHT BALCONY Row C, Seat 23 - $111.25

CENTER BALCONY Row C, Seat 111 - $121.25

Theres also This one, but The low price and the disclaimer makes me think its not Good even for $57

RIGHT BALCONY Row F, Seat 11 - $56,50 There is a 3 inch stanchion pole that minimally obstructs the view of the stage.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#81Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022
Posted: 3/17/22 at 10:59am

MadsonMelo said: "I have these three options, is there a real difference between them?

LEFT BALCONY Row A, Seat 24 - $118,25

RIGHT BALCONY Row C, Seat 23 -$111.25

CENTER BALCONY Row C, Seat 111 - $121.25

Theres also This one, but The low price and the disclaimer makes me think its not Good even for $57

RIGHT BALCONY Row F, Seat 11 - $56,50 There is a 3 inch stanchion pole that minimally obstructs the view of the stage.
"

Here's balcony F 9. You can see the pole just coming into view, so I don't know if it would be a deal breaker for me in F 11. At least it shouldn't cut right down the middle of your view. Personally, I'd rather save $50 and deal with it, since I wouldn't want to spend over $100 for any of the other options. 

Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022

Updated On: 3/17/22 at 10:59 AM

MadsonMelo
#82Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022
Posted: 3/17/22 at 11:18am

Well, its very tempting indeed. I know facial expressions in the balcony are basically wishful thinking, but I Wonder if the other tickets offer a better view of the actors?

orpheus4
#83Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022
Posted: 3/17/22 at 12:11pm

I'm in the same situation. My seat is right balc row f seat 26. I've seen seat 21 on Seatplan and there isn't a pole in that picture hopefully I'm in the clear there. I'm waiting on reviews because I might want to move forward a little to front balc for a better view but I'm fine with the seat I have and saving a few dollars. 

supersam1026 Profile Photo
supersam1026
#84Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022
Posted: 3/17/22 at 8:23pm

Well the move from the Lyceum to the Longacre DEFINITELY worked out in my favor!! Had Balcony, Row G, Seat 6 for $35. There is no Row G on the sides at the Longacre, so they bumped me up to Balcony, Row A, Seat 6 with the same price!! Very excited for this one!!

jiaxing_26
#85Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022
Posted: 3/21/22 at 7:48pm

Still deciding if I should wait for the reports from 3/29 or just bite the bullet and buy a tix now (mezz row D). Any advice?

inception Profile Photo
inception
#86Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022
Posted: 3/21/22 at 8:44pm

You don't see it as much at Broadway shows as at the Met, but if I'm in cheap seats up in a balcony I bring the small pair of binoculars I use at the opera house.  I think they cost under $20, & then you can see facial expressions better.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#87Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022
Posted: 3/21/22 at 9:19pm

I got an aisle seat up in the balcony for $35 (no obstruction). I think that’s pretty worth it, IMO.

MadsonMelo
#88Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022
Posted: 3/21/22 at 10:24pm

inception said: "You don't see it as much at Broadway shows as at the Met, but if I'm in cheap seats up in a balcony I bring the small pair of binoculars I use at the opera house. I think they cost under $20, & then you can see facial expressions better."

Is it possible to rent at the theater? I think you can at the opera, right?

Macbeth may be the only show I’ll see from the balcony (maybe “Plaza” too), but I dont have binoculars and dont know if its worth buying one.

I bought a C center Balcony seat, btw 

TarHeelAlan
#89Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022
Posted: 3/22/22 at 8:55am

orpheus4 said: "I'm in the same situation. My seat is right balc row f seat 26. I've seen seat 21 on Seatplan and there isn't a pole in that picture hopefully I'm in the clear there. I'm waiting on reviews because I might want to move forward a little to front balc for a better view but I'm fine with the seat I have and saving a few dollars."

SeatPlan Balcony Row F Seat 26. No pole. Enjoy the show! (FWIW, per Telecharge your seat is left balcony, not right.) 

Longacre Theatre Balcony F26 view from seat photo

Updated On: 3/22/22 at 08:55 AM

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#90Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022
Posted: 3/22/22 at 11:10am

Are there no discount codes for this?

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#91Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022
Posted: 3/22/22 at 11:34am

As I think Lady M said, all the discounts of Theatermania not sweeten this big ticket price. 

Lisalemann
#92Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022
Posted: 3/25/22 at 10:29am

Has anyone seen this yet in the previews?  Would love a report as I'm on the fence with this one.  Would like to know if it's "good Sam Gold" or  "crazy Sam Gold"...

thanks in advance :)

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#93Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022
Posted: 3/25/22 at 10:45am

Lisalemann said: "Has anyone seen this yet in the previews? Would love a report as I'm on the fence with this one. Would like to know if it's "good Sam Gold" or "crazy Sam Gold"...

thanks in advance :)
"

Previews start next Tuesday.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#94Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022
Posted: 3/25/22 at 11:14am

Have we heard any rumblings of a rough runtime for this? 

I was just looking at the cast list and noticing that the Witches and the Porter are missing, as well as a few minor characters like Donalbain and Siward. 

I can't imagine the witches have been cut, so I'm guessing they'll be portrayed via some other concept (e.g. in the recent John Doyle production, the witches were unseen, and the ensemble spoke their lines in unison).

But the absence of those other small characters MIGHT indicate a trimmed-down script. Fingers crosses this isn't 3 hours long! 

JSquared2
#95Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022
Posted: 3/25/22 at 1:24pm

JBroadway said: "Have we heard any rumblings of a rough runtime for this?

I was just looking at the cast list and noticing that the Witches and the Porter are missing, as well as a few minor characters like Donalbain and Siward.

I can't imagine the witches have been cut, so I'm guessing they'll be portrayed via some other concept (e.g. in the recent John Doyle production, the witches were unseen, and the ensemble spoke their lines in unison).

But the absence of those other small characters MIGHT indicate a trimmed-down script. Fingers crosses this isn't 3 hours long!
"

Several of the actors have mentioned in their social feeds that they play multiple roles (including witches in one or two cases).

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#96Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022
Posted: 3/28/22 at 9:44am

JBroadway said: "Have we heard any rumblings of a rough runtime for this?

"

I've heard from some people involved that it is, in fact, running around 3 hours.

MadsonMelo
#97Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022
Posted: 3/28/22 at 10:28am

There will be a rush, if anyone goes, please report about where were the seats and how was the line

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#98Daniel Craig and Ruth Negga to star in Macbeth in March 2022
Posted: 3/28/22 at 11:25am

Interesting that Rush is more expensive than the cheapest tickets, but I'm assuming it'll be better seats.