COVID Cancellations

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#25COVID performance cancellations
Posted: 12/12/21 at 1:34pm

Wick, that likely wouldn’t help Alexander Lamar. They probably wouldn’t know Jeremy would be out of the show until they got to the performance on Wednesday. That sounds like that shouldn’t be an issue though according to BroadwayRox.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#26COVID performance cancellations
Posted: 12/12/21 at 1:39pm

Three shows cancelling this weekend. I'd expect this to become something regular throughout the winter.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#27COVID performance cancellations
Posted: 12/12/21 at 2:23pm

BroadwayRox3588 said: "Really starting to wonder how Broadway stays open through the winter."

It will. Omicron appears to be more transmissible but less severe in nature, which is great news. A variant like this is also how the 1918 pandemic eventually petered out. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Alexander Lamar
#28COVID performance cancellations
Posted: 12/12/21 at 2:27pm

Thanks Jorge and BroadwayRox!

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#29COVID performance cancellations
Posted: 12/13/21 at 3:36pm

Tonight’s performance of Freestyle Love Supreme has also been cancelled. 
Lin-Manuel Miranda will now appear in the show Tuesday - Thursday this week, as well as Friday at 5.

Oh look, a bibu!

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#30COVID performance cancellations
Posted: 12/13/21 at 9:09pm

Jordan Levinson said: "Tonight’s performance ofFreestyle Love Supremehas also been cancelled.
Lin-Manuel Miranda will now appear in the show Tuesday - Thursday this week, as well as Friday at 5.
"

I guess that means Thursday will be both Tina Fey and Lin. I might have to enter the lottery... 

Side note: Kaila Mullady posted on her Insta story that she's doing private lessons because she's home all week this week. I wonder if that means she's one of the people that got COVID!

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#31COVID performance cancellations
Posted: 12/14/21 at 10:20am

Performances of Mrs. Doubtfire have been cancelled today and tomorrow. The show is now expected to resume on December 16.

Oh look, a bibu!

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#32COVID performance cancellations
Posted: 12/14/21 at 4:57pm

Ain't Too Proud tonight. Again, due to just one case.

Did they change the protocols? This is the second show this week to cancel over just one case.

If one case is gonna shut shows down, then what's the point of even being open?

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#33COVID performance cancellations
Posted: 12/14/21 at 5:01pm

BroadwayRox3588 said: "Ain't Too Proudtonight. Again, due to just one case.

Did they change the protocols? This is the second show this week to cancel over just one case.

If one case is gonna shut shows down, then what's the point of even being open?
"

I’m gonna bet because that one person has likely been in contact with many others and they need to make damn sure that more positives don’t pop up in the company because a cast-wide outbreak could be the death knell for a struggling show - not to mention potential exposure to audience members.

One performance being cancelled is definitely a better course of action than just shutting the whole venture down and putting everybody out of work. That’s literally throwing the baby out with the bath water, fool.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#34COVID performance cancellations
Posted: 12/14/21 at 5:18pm

Literally nothing would make BroadwayRox happier than if Broadway completely shut down again. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#35COVID performance cancellations
Posted: 12/14/21 at 5:24pm

Is there any update yet on both Freestyle Love Supreme (with LMM) and Little Shop of Horrors? Both are expected to resume performances tonight at 7, so I'd figure they have had to announce something by now.

Oh look, a bibu!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#36COVID performance cancellations
Posted: 12/14/21 at 5:27pm

Since this is apparently now the covid cancelation thread, can the OP please update the subject line so it's more obvious?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#37COVID performance cancellations
Posted: 12/14/21 at 5:39pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Literally nothing would make BroadwayRox happier than if Broadway completely shut down again."

False.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#38COVID performance cancellations
Posted: 12/14/21 at 5:42pm

Lol. Sure. 

Alexander Lamar
#39COVID performance cancellations
Posted: 12/14/21 at 6:03pm

Little Shop is on, with an u/s for Ronette doing the shows this week.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#40COVID performance cancellations
Posted: 12/14/21 at 6:18pm

Freestyle Love Supreme is back on tonight, too. AIN'T TOO PROUD is planning on doing both shows tomorrow.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#41COVID performance cancellations
Posted: 12/14/21 at 6:24pm

I'm a little worried about The Music Man... HUGE cast with lots of kids. And if that cancels, it's not like people can just rebook since it's sold out. 

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#42COVID performance cancellations
Posted: 12/14/21 at 6:33pm

These cancellations are going to keep happening and that's ok. This is a million times better than a blanket shutdown of Broadway

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#43COVID performance cancellations
Posted: 12/14/21 at 7:00pm

100%

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#44COVID performance cancellations
Posted: 12/14/21 at 7:30pm

bwayphreak234 said: "I'm a little worried about The Music Man... HUGE cast with lots of kids. And if that cancels, it's not like people can just rebook since it's sold out."

Great point. The anger they are going to receive over the Winter if they have to cancel even one show will be highly likely and very ugly. 

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#45COVID performance cancellations
Posted: 12/14/21 at 7:32pm

I agree it's better than shutting down broadway or even a whole show for a longer period of time. Honestly, I'm not sure how else Broadway stays open. I think it's just the cost of living for a while. 

That said, I think it might keep a lot of a certain kind of person away from Broadway for a time. I can't imagine booking a Broadway trip with this level uncertainty. Hotels are SO expensive right now and I just wouldn't risk it if I didn't know if my shows would go. BUT. I don't think it will effect the average tourist for who Broadway is an incidental part of their New York vacation, business folk who are in town for a conference, and of course locals. And I think Broadway is probably sustained more by those kinds of audiences than folks like us who see 8 shows in 5 days. I hope! 

Jesus saves. I spend.

ivy3
#46COVID performance cancellations
Posted: 12/14/21 at 7:42pm

Jordan Levinson said: "Is there any update yet on bothFreestyle Love Supreme (with LMM) and Little Shop of Horrors? Both are expected to resume performances tonight at 7, so I'd figure they have had to announce something by now."

Little Shop of Horrors is back. Tammy Blanchard, Christian Borle and Aaron Harrington are out tonight. 

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#47COVID performance cancellations
Posted: 12/14/21 at 8:49pm

Salome Smith, who plays Ronnette, is the Audrey II cover, so with Aaron Harrington out, I bet this is why Tatiana Lofton is on as Ronnette all week. Christian and Tammy out also, though? Glad that tiny company is able to put on the show at all tonight!

Jessryn
#48COVID performance cancellations
Posted: 12/14/21 at 8:55pm

Sutton Ross said: 
"Great point. The anger they are going to receive over the Winter if they have to cancel even one show will be highly likely and very ugly."

Especially since for me (like many I assume) this is the one ticket I have left from pre-Covid since The Music Man never canceled, just postponed. It is certainly the only reason I am making this trip to New York in January. But I understand that things happen.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#49COVID performance cancellations
Posted: 12/14/21 at 9:10pm

Mr. Wormwood said: "These cancellations are going to keep happening and that's ok. This is a million times better than a blanket shutdown of Broadway"

And one of the many reasons it's a million times better is because people get to witness just how incredible understudies are. Sometimes I think I'd like to see certain shows with at least a few of them. 

Oh look, a bibu!