pixeltracker

JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/21- Page 2

JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/21

RWPrincess
#25JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/2
Posted: 12/20/21 at 8:18pm

I was not expecting this. Wow. Happy trails to all involved.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#26JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/2
Posted: 12/20/21 at 8:19pm

Not a show for me, but sad the cast/crew are out of work during the holidays.

BritCrit
#27JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/2
Posted: 12/20/21 at 8:30pm

ACL2006 said: "Yeah, unfortunately this is mostly due to the show not having much of an advance for the Winter. Still a shame for a show to not have an actual closing show"

It's a similar situation to the one affecting Frozen and Mean Girls when they were the only open-run musicals to permenantly close during the lockdown. Both were likely to announce a closing date by the end of the year in a normal 2020, but the COVID crisis robbed them of a proper closure...

mm522
#28JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/2
Posted: 12/20/21 at 8:35pm

JDonaghy4 said: "this show was a dumpster fire, but its still sad/shocking to see it disappear like this. The incredibly talented cast does not deserve this.

i do find the producers' statement a little nauseating though. obviously, the Covid situation is not ideal, but it isnt ideal for various other shows too. Moulin Rouge, Hamilton, TKAM are not closing because they are selling. Their statement makes it seem like they are closing their doors to protect their cast (implying other producers arent...) when if they were making money, they wouldnt even think about doing this.
"

I agree completely! 
“Forced to choose between continuing performances and protecting our company” rubs me the wrong way. It makes it sound like instead of them financially being unable to continue that they’re actually being noble by putting people on unemployment?

They couldn’t afford to stay open. 
They didn’t choose anything.

Hairspray0901
#29JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/2
Posted: 12/20/21 at 8:41pm

This is heartbreaking. So many unemployed right before the holidays.

this does make me wish we were getting weekly gross reports like the before times. I’m very curious to see how they were selling (and how other shows are doing)

Dan6
#30JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/2
Posted: 12/20/21 at 10:04pm

I had tickets for it in March 2020, and now had tickets again for January 5, 2022 as part of what was going to be my first post-shutdown NY theater trip. I now wonder what will happen to the other shows I have tickets for (Assassins, Kimberly Akimbo, Caroline, Clyde’s, GFTNC), and whether I’ll end up taking the trip at all in two weeks. Really feels like March 2020 redux, with all the frustration and sadness yet again. Thanks, anti-vaxxers. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#31JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/2
Posted: 12/20/21 at 10:05pm

So... what's next for the Broadhurst? David Gordon of Theatremania suggests A Strange Loop move there and Kimberly Akimbo transfers to the Lyceum.

Oh look, a bibu!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#32JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/2
Posted: 12/20/21 at 10:21pm

I kept seeing ads for $39 seats, knew it was a bad sign.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#33JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/2
Posted: 12/20/21 at 10:24pm

Jordan Levinson said: "So... what's next for the Broadhurst? David Gordon of Theatremania suggestsA Strange Loopmove there andKimberly Akimbotransfers to the Lyceum."

Broadhurst is a prime musical theater house - I would love to see Funny Girl move there from the Wilson!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#34JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/2
Posted: 12/20/21 at 10:28pm

Robbie2 said: "Jordan Levinson said: "So... what's next for the Broadhurst? David Gordon of Theatremania suggestsA Strange Loopmove there andKimberly Akimbotransfers to the Lyceum."

Broadhurst is a prime musical theater house - I would love to see Funny Girl move there from the Wilson!

"

Wilson is Jujamcyn, Broadhurst is Shubert.

JSquared2
#35JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/2
Posted: 12/20/21 at 10:35pm

Jordan Levinson said: "So... what's next for the Broadhurst? David Gordon of Theatremania suggestsA Strange Loopmove there andKimberly Akimbotransfers to the Lyceum."

Neither Strange Loop nor Kimberly Akimbo could sell enough tickets to fill just the orchestra past the first week or two (let alone the mezzanine and balcony). 

JSquared2
#36JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/2
Posted: 12/20/21 at 10:35pm

Neither Strange Loop nor Kimberly Akimbo could sell enough tickets to fill just the orchestra past the first week or two (let alone the mezzanine and balcony). 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#37JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/2
Posted: 12/20/21 at 10:39pm

Let MACBETH move to the Broadhurst. There's more money to be made there without a balcony.

We'll either have some dark houses this spring, or we'll get some shows that probably shouldn't have made it to Broadway (either because of the quality, or because they're undercapitalized/ill prepared/there's no audience). Anything that was already planning a run for the 2022-2023 season shouldn't want to rush in this season.

It's a sad state of affairs.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#38JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/2
Posted: 12/20/21 at 10:41pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Robbie2 said: "Jordan Levinson said: "So... what's next for the Broadhurst? David Gordon of Theatremania suggestsA Strange Loopmove there andKimberly Akimbotransfers to the Lyceum."

"

Wilson is Jujamcyn, Broadhurst is Shubert.
"

i know and Jordan would not want his house vacant just think it would be the perfect house for the revival rather than the ugly Wilson

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

unclevictor Profile Photo
unclevictor
#39JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/2
Posted: 12/20/21 at 10:58pm

Well this just sucks all around. What a ****ty way of closing.

@z5
#40JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/2
Posted: 12/20/21 at 11:18pm

So sad. What an amazing show. 

what’s even more pathetic is the “author” of this ridiculous article can’t even show sympathy for the huge amount of people who just lost their jobs tonight. 

trolls like this person who wrote it should be happy. 

article below:

https://brooklynrail.org/2021/04/theater/One-Step-Forward-Two-Steps-Back-Broadways-Jagged-Little-Journey-Toward-Nonbinary-Inclusion

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#41JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/2
Posted: 12/20/21 at 11:26pm

The talent on that stage was insane. Heartbreaking for all involved. 

gibsons2
#42JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/2
Posted: 12/20/21 at 11:34pm

This is terrible news but I kind of expected it to happen based on really weak sales. JLP was not the only one with poor sales so I'm wondering which show will give in next... it's just awful.

What's even more terrible are the comments on JLP social media that celebrate the closure of the show and are just full of misdirected hate. I don't know if these are all trolls or the actual members of the trans community. Celebrating loss of multiple jobs is not the way to make allies,  but a sure way to make enemies. 

@z5
#43JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/2
Posted: 12/20/21 at 11:47pm

It’s really sad how people are celebrating it

mailhandler777
#44JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/2
Posted: 12/21/21 at 1:48am

Dylan Smith4 said: "People just need to get vaccinated! This is why we keep having these variants emerge! Sorry to make this political, but people NEED to get vaccinated! At this point, it is the only way we can make it out of this crisis!"

The cast is vaccinated. They are giving it to each other. The audience members are not giving it to the cast. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

mailhandler777
#45JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/2
Posted: 12/21/21 at 1:53am

@z5 said: "So sad. What an amazing show.

what’s even more pathetic is the “author” of this ridiculous article can’t even show sympathy for the huge amount of people who just lost their jobs tonight.

trolls like this person who wrote it should be happy.

article below:

https://brooklynrail.org/2021/04/theater/One-Step-Forward-Two-Steps-Back-Broadways-Jagged-Little-Journey-Toward-Nonbinary-Inclusion

"

Except they did and they are not a troll. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

FindingNamo
#46JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/2
Posted: 12/21/21 at 2:07am

Diane Paulus is directing the gender-bent 1776 in the fall

Are you there, god, it's me, Namo?

Why god? Why? 

All my love,

FN

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

rpvee2
#47JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/2
Posted: 12/21/21 at 2:24am

@z5 said: "It’s really sad how people are celebrating it"

It’s disgusting. These people are celebrating dozens of theatre workers losing their jobs right before the holidays, after only just getting said jobs back from a year and a half pause. All because said people got angry over fictional character getting changed. And yet they say they’re musical theatre fans. 

adotburr
#48JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/2
Posted: 12/21/21 at 2:52am

Dan6 said: "I had tickets for it in March 2020, and now had tickets again for January 5, 2022 as part of what was going to be my first post-shutdown NY theater trip. I now wonder what will happen to the other shows I have tickets for (Assassins, Kimberly Akimbo, Caroline, Clyde’s, GFTNC), and whether I’ll end up taking the trip at all in two weeks. Really feels like March 2020 redux, with all the frustration and sadness yet again. Thanks, anti-vaxxers."

Everyone needs to stop with the “thanks, anti-vaxxers” crap. The virus is being spread just as easily by people who are vaccinated/boostered than those who are unvaccinated. 

she/her . “everything’s legal in new jersey”

VintageSnarker
#49JAGGED LITTLE PILL has closed, as of 12/17/2
Posted: 12/21/21 at 3:10am

@z5 said: "article below:

"

"With all this in mind, the team maybe didn’t want a controversy over Patten playing a nonbinary role to ruin her chances at a Tony. In short, they didn’t want someone like me to write a piece like I did about Tootsie."

The delusion... both actors won Tonys for their roles. The power of the pen.