pixeltracker

94th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread- Page 4

94th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#7594th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/27/22 at 8:19pm

not fan of DeBose's dress.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#7694th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/27/22 at 8:25pm

Well regardless of her dress, she gave a beautiful speech. <3

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#7794th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/27/22 at 8:35pm

ACL2006 said: "not fan of DeBose's dress."

*pantsuit

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#7894th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/27/22 at 8:36pm

i don't watch the Oscars, but hopefully her speech gets posted soon.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#7994th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/27/22 at 8:37pm

Tag said: "ACL2006 said: "not fan of DeBose's dress."

*pantsuit
"

*outfit

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#8194th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/27/22 at 8:50pm

Did we have any doubt? I know I didn’t. Absolutely DYNAMITE in West Side Story

Oh look, a bibu!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#8294th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/27/22 at 9:07pm

Plannietink08 said: "Here’s Ariana’s speech. "

Gorgeous!

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#8394th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/27/22 at 10:49pm

ACL2006 said: "not fan of DeBose's dress."

She looked beautiful  - absolutely stunning in Valentino couture and gave the best speech of the night!  94th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#8494th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/27/22 at 10:56pm

It's gonna be so super awkward when (if?) he wins Best Actor. I wonder if in the next few days they'll try to pretend it was planned

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#8594th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/27/22 at 11:06pm

“Imagine this little girl in the back seat of a white Ford Focus. Look into her eyes. You see an openly queer woman of color, an Afro-Latina who found her strength in life through arts. And that’s what I believe we are here to celebrate. So to anybody who’s ever questioned your identity – ever, ever, ever — or find yourself living in the gray spaces, I promise you this: There is, indeed, a place for us.” -Ariana Debose

Also, Will Smith assaulted a man on live television. Jesus Christ. That is what everyone is talking about now because it was so ridiculous and shameful. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#8694th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/27/22 at 11:20pm

this ceremony slaps.

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#8794th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/27/22 at 11:20pm

I mean surely they could have shifted around some categories and tried to take a decision rather than give the most coveted award in showbusiness to a person who committed assault in front of the entire world. Obviously I understand they could have not just taken the decision on the spot to give the award to whoever came second, but making him walk on that stage again within minutes was... a choice. 

inception Profile Photo
inception
#8894th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/27/22 at 11:52pm

Edit: I believed the Will Smith/Chris Rock thing was staged, but have now seen the unedited footage 

Updated On: 3/28/22 at 11:52 PM

Jordan Catalano
#8994th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/27/22 at 11:59pm

What are you even talking about? People inside the auditorium have been tweeting about how it was real and an unedited version of that segment is already online, having aired in Australia.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#9094th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/28/22 at 12:00am

Jokes are funny. That wasn’t funny. If it was staged, it’s pathetic. After seeing his acceptance speech, I assume the man is having a nervous breakdown. Nothing staged about that. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Jordan Catalano
inception Profile Photo
inception
#9294th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/28/22 at 12:04am

Yes, have now seen unedited footage. Thanks.  Comments above edited.

pmensky
#9394th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/28/22 at 12:04am

It was not staged. Why would Smith apologize for it in his acceptance speech if it were staged.

TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
#9494th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/28/22 at 12:06am

inception said: "My apologies to everyone who figured it out for having to explain it to the clueless... the Chris Rock/ Will Smith thing was staged. It was Chris Rock's idea of comedy. The punch had a sound effect and Chris Rock just stood there - he wasn't actually hit. They then cut the sound to the microphones and then cut to a close up of Will Smith mouthing swear words. If it had been legitimate they wouldn't have been ready to do a close up on Smith when he sat back down."

LOL, yeah, that wasn't staged. Not in the least. Of course Will Smith would've had a camera ready to do a close up on him - he was a leading actor nominee. They want to be able to cut to him whenever they want to. That was very real.

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#9594th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/28/22 at 12:06am

inception said: "My apologies to everyone who figured it out for having to explain it to the clueless... the Chris Rock/ Will Smith thing was staged. It was Chris Rock's idea of comedy. The punch had a sound effect and Chris Rock just stood there - he wasn't actually hit. Then they cut the sound to the microphones and then cut to a close up of Will Smith mouthing swear words. If it had been legitimate they wouldn't have been ready to do a close up on Smith when he sat back down."

Umm…sorry, but is wasn’t staged. Don’t know where you got your inside info but according to all the commentators who were there, it was very real. Always knew Will Smith was an asshole, but this takes things to a whole other level! 
Will Smith…

94th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread

Updated On: 3/28/22 at 12:06 AM

inception Profile Photo
inception
#9694th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/28/22 at 12:17am

Luscious said: "

Umm…sorry, but is wasn’t staged. Don’t know where you got your inside info 
"

Now I apologize for real.  No inside info, I just cynically believed it was meant as a dumb staged joke that misfired.  I didn't think to Google it all until after I came here and obviously spoke too soon.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#9794th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/28/22 at 12:19am

I posted the unedited footage on here right after it happened, but the mods deleted it for copyright infringement.

sparksatmidnight
#9894th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/28/22 at 12:31am

Am I the only one who thought bringing out Liza was a bit... tasteless? She seemed a bit lost on the reason why she was there, even

pmensky
#9994th Oscars: Movie Musical Mania! - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/28/22 at 12:35am

sparksatmidnight said: "Am I the only one who thought bringing out Liza was a bit... tasteless? She seemed a bit lost on the reason why she was there, even"

It was like a telethon moment.