pixeltracker

Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?- Page 3

Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#50Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 6:58pm

Can an 8 week run with a cast and orchestra this size actually turn a profit?

willep
#51Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 6:59pm

I can’t imagine Hugh Jackman is suddenly leaving Music Man this summer.

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#52Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 7:07pm

willep said: "I can’t imagine Hugh Jackman is suddenly leaving Music Man this summer."

He has scheduled weeks off in Aug/Sep with no tickets on sale currently for those weeks. But I can't imagine that's what this is referring to?

willep
#53Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 7:26pm

I mean, it’s not completely out of the question. But, not really knowing the ITW timeline, that seems late enough that he could possibly do both and be rehearsing Music Man during the ITW run.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#54Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 7:51pm

I'm sure they've crunched the numbers enough to know it has potential to make money. Whether it will or not who knows. 

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#55Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 9:06pm

Does the potential to make money also include the cost of a cast album? I don’t want to get my hopes up.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#56Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 9:45pm

CATSNYrevival said: "Does the potential to make money also include the cost of a cast album? I don’t want to get my hopes up."

Every capitalization is different. Some build album costs into the capitalization, others raise the money separately.

Who is producing the transfer?? Barry & Fran? Jujamcyn? Someone else?

Updated On: 5/11/22 at 09:45 PM

inception Profile Photo
inception
#57Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 10:36pm

ElphabaGoodman said: "
NPH is going to replace in a hit Broadway show this summer, so he is unavailable for the Broadway Into the Woods transfer"

The Hamilton King George guess seems most logical. 

But, could he be also be replacement for Plaza Suite?  Right from the start people were saying that Parker & Broderick wouldn't want to play through the summer.

Mr. Wormwood
#58Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 11:08pm

inception said: "ElphabaGoodman said: "
NPH is going to replace in a hit Broadway show this summer, so he is unavailable for the Broadway Into the Woods transfer"

But, could he be also be replacement for Plaza Suite? Right from the start people were saying that Parker & Broderick wouldn't want to play through the summer.
"

Isn't Plaza Suite closing at the beginning of July?

Mr. Wormwood
#59Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 11:08pm

inception said: "ElphabaGoodman said: "

But, could he be also be replacement for Plaza Suite? Right from the start people were saying that Parker & Broderick wouldn't want to play through the summer.
"

Isn't Plaza Suite closing at the beginning of July?

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#60Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 11:23pm

ElphabaGoodman said: 
“NPH is going to replace in a hit Broadway show this summer, so he is unavailable for the Broadway Into the Woods transfer"

Oh fudge - he’s gonna be playing MJ, isn’t he!! (*sarcasm*)

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#61Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 11:28pm

There have been reports of him being in negotiations to replace Hugh in MUSIC MAN and seeing the show multiple times, so that seems most logical if he is actually returning to Bway.

There's zero need for him to go into HAMILTON.

It would be silly to gamble an extension of PLAZA SUITE with new stars. Parker & Broderick ARE the show. And SALESMAN begins previews in mid-September, so they'd really only get a month with the new cast.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#62Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/11/22 at 11:43pm

Billy Flynn was my first thought. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#63Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 1:21am

They're making bank at Plaza Suite, I think they'd quite while they're ahead. 

The Music Man is a good theory, but I'd think they'd have to spent a ton of money on advertising to get the word out that he's playing the role a week here or a week there. 

Chicago makes sense. 

And Hamilton doesn't need to spend the money to have him. 

willep
#64Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 7:54am

I mean, I was half joking re King George, but honestly it’s the only thing that remotely makes sense to me. Can we really imagine NPH wanting to do Chicago? I can’t. But I can see him wanting to have himself involved in Hamilton.

the.hard.part Profile Photo
the.hard.part
#65Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 8:34am

ElphabaGoodman said: “NPH is going to replace in a hit Broadway show this summer, so he is unavailable for the Broadway Into the Woods transfer"

We haven't gotten an announcement of a new Hermes after Andre, another possibility?

willep
#66Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 8:44am

That crossed my mind briefly but, please, god, no.

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#67Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 8:54am

I hear Into the Woods is going into the St James.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#68Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 9:27am

phan24 said: "I hear Into the Woods is going into the St James."

So has anyone who's read the title of this thread. JFC.

Updated On: 5/12/22 at 09:27 AM

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#69Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 9:48am

Didn’t understand the “hate” for NPH when he was announced to replace Borle but he more than rose to the occasion. Good for him! I’m glad this will be transferring - even if he won’t be a part of it. 

Wonkawizzer
#70Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 10:13am

Someone already edited the Wikipedia page. Could be wishful thinking. Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#71Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 10:25am

What source do they cite on Wikipedia? No doubt it's wishful thinking. I also wouldn't expect an NPH announcement until after the Tonys.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#72Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 10:43am

I don't think they'll say he's with it if they know he's not. But, if it's something that's in flux where he may or may not do it, I could see them just announcing him and doing a correction later if he's being replaced. 

OuttaTowner
#73Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 1:16pm

Anyone have a notion of when an official announcement will be made?  Early next week, perhaps?

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#74Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/12/22 at 1:21pm

OuttaTowner said: "Anyone have a notion of when an officialannouncement will be made? Early next week, perhaps?"

From the friend who broke this to me in the first place, it’ll likely be announced this week or this weekend.

Videos