pixeltracker

BACK TO THE FUTURE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread- Page 4

BACK TO THE FUTURE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread

Tom5
#75BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 8/9/22 at 5:23am

As movie to Broadway musicals go this could the most suitable for the role in years. Hopefully, they won't stint on the budget and there will be a real DeLorean on stage. 

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#76BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 8/9/22 at 8:40am

I have a feeling that producers are going to go all in for this show. If there is a DeLorean in the London production, there will be one on Broadway for sure!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

BETTY22
#77BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 8/9/22 at 10:23am

I saw the show in London and it was fun. I was surprised it was only about 60% full. I wonder if it will do better on Broadway being an American story. 

Dylan Smith4
#78BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 8/9/22 at 10:31am

I think it will do well here. Back To The Future is an American classic! I think the fanbase for the film is still strong. This will definitely do better than Devil Wears Prada (if that even comes to BWAY).

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#79BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 8/9/22 at 11:28am

“I have a feeling that producers are going to go all in for this show. ”

you can’t “have a feeling” when the show is literally already fully staged. 

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#80BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 8/9/22 at 12:01pm

I watched this here in Manchester when it first premiered just before Covid shut it and the world down.

Its thrilling to look at, the technology is great, but the music is pretty shocking. I could not remember any of the new songs. Its more like an event than a musical, it's pretty much the film just planted on stage. 

I will be intrigued to see what American critics think of it, I can't help thinking it will be another Ghost. Does well in the UK but tanks in America. 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#81BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 8/12/22 at 2:32pm

According to a casting notice it'll open next summer, so not this season. 

First Rehearsal: Summer 2023
Opens: Summer 2023

What if that means Music Man is extending. 

Dylan Smith4
#82BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 8/12/22 at 10:41pm

I still think it should go to the Broadway Theatre in my opinion. The stage is a bit bigger. Plus, they can decorate the lobbies the same way they did in London. As for them delaying it to next summer kinda disappoints me. There haven't been any announced productions (at least that I am aware of) that will be going to the Broadway. Especially after the cancellation of the Weezer residency. That theatre is wide open. They can definitely bring BTTF early next year if they wanted to. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#83BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 8/13/22 at 5:33am

Maybe they're hoping to close in London (since people say it's not doing great?) and move the set to NYC? 

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#84BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 10/17/22 at 4:04pm

An official newsletter from the show has teased an announcement for Friday morning.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#85BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 10/17/22 at 4:07pm

Just got an email saying the same; “synchronize your watches” for 10am EST this coming Fri. Figured it was either “the” announcement, or a pre-sale. 

Updated On: 10/17/22 at 04:07 PM

Jakeevan942
#86BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 10/17/22 at 4:08pm

Friday is "Back To The Future Day," the notable date from the film, so I figured we'd get some details then.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#87BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 10/21/22 at 8:41am

Bump; I believe it was discussed, but it’s playing the Winter Garden from June 2023. 

Anastasia_Beaverhausen Profile Photo
Anastasia_Beaverhausen
#88BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 10/21/22 at 9:59am

Tickets available on Telecharge already. SPOILER! lol

hearthemsing22
#89BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 10/21/22 at 10:19am

I signed  up for the presale access but never received a code or anything BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023 Now I guess I'll have to wait for general on sale? 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#90BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 10/21/22 at 10:35am

Fan codes are MCFLY for regular and MCFLYPREM for premium, on Telecharge Offers.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#91BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 10/21/22 at 11:26am

If I could have brought one person to Broadway from the west end production, it would have been Hugh Coles so I’m stoked he’s transferring. 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#92BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 10/21/22 at 12:38pm

jacobsnchz14 said: "Bump; I believe it was discussed, but it’s playing the Winter Garden from June 2023."

Thanks Jacob. I hope they cast an awesome Biff!

hearthemsing22
#93BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 10/21/22 at 2:50pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Fan codes are MCFLY for regular and MCFLYPREM for premium, on Telecharge Offers."

Thank you! The email came through late. I got it :) 

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#94BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 10/22/22 at 9:13am

Anyone have any idea who they’re looking at for leads? I feel like Matt Doyle is too old for Marty, but he has a Tony now and starred in the Huey Lewis musical, so could he be a contender? Or someone youthful like Andrew Barth Feldman? I actually think Alex Brightman could be a fun Biff depending on the ages they go with, and he’s not usually my cup of tea. He just has the big personality for it.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#95BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 10/22/22 at 9:17am

Maybe I misread but did they not say they were bringing over the West End Marty and Doc?

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#96BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 10/22/22 at 9:23am

Hugh Coles plays George McFly, not Marty.

dented146 Profile Photo
dented146
#97BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 10/22/22 at 11:57am

I very much enjoyed the show. Vernon, this is one time I don't agree with you on the music. Aside from a couple of numbers, I thought it was rather clever. I especially enjoyed the songs sung by Marty's girlfriend. And I agree with Jordan that Coles totally stole the show in every scene he was in. If he is coming to Broadway, it is a real bonus for them.

At my performance, the audience loved the show. I do have theater friends in the UK who did not think much of the musical. This might be one of those shows like Wicked, where the opinion of serious theater people differs from the general public. IMO, this will be a big hit.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#98BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 10/22/22 at 12:32pm

Hugh Coles is, in fact, coming to Broadway with it. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#99BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 10/22/22 at 12:41pm

I could see Josh Strobl ending up as Marty or a Marty u/s for the Broadway company.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Latest Posts