pixeltracker

BACK TO THE FUTURE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread- Page 5

BACK TO THE FUTURE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#100BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 10/22/22 at 12:52pm

Call_me_jorge said: "I could see Josh Strobl ending up as Marty or a Marty u/s for the Broadway company."

I would love that! I saw him as Evan and Jared in Dear Evan Hansen and loved him. Would love to see him back on Broadway especially in such a perfect role for him. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#101BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 10/28/22 at 12:12pm

General on sale begins today!

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#102BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 10/29/22 at 3:22pm

Already hearing radios ads for it here in NYC. Let the publicity train begin!

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#103BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 12/20/22 at 9:43pm

Would love to see Casey Likes as Marty McFly. I saw some others online thought that same. Very curious to what he’ll do next. Was he involved in The Outsiders?

Chase Miller
#104BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 12/21/22 at 6:15am

If they wanted a celebrity for Marty, Josh Hutcherson would be perfect.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#105BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 12/21/22 at 7:16am

^Has he ever done professional theatre before? Let alone sing?

bholtzinger544
#106BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 12/21/22 at 8:59am

Chase Miller said: "If they wanted a celebrity for Marty, Josh Hutcherson would be perfect."

Maybe a decade ago? Josh is 30 now and is looking it, Marty is supposed to be in high school. Never a fan of a 30 year old playing a high schooler, it comes across cheesy. There are some clips on YouTube of him singing and he does not appear to have a great voice. I'd rather see them cast someone that's relatively unknown. Casey Likes fits that for me, he's barely known even in Broadway circles and looks like a high schooler still. 

LuPita2 Profile Photo
LuPita2
#107BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 12/21/22 at 1:03pm

Chase Miller said: "If they wanted a celebrity for Marty, Josh Hutcherson would be perfect."

The guy from the Hunger Games? He's never done theater and is 30. So, probably not. 

Casey Likes for the win! 

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#108BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 12/21/22 at 3:15pm

jacobsnchz14 said: "Would love to see Casey Likes as Marty McFly. I saw some others online thought that same. Very curious to what he’ll do next. Was he involved in The Outsiders?"

He played Ponyboy during the June 2022 workshop but was not able to move on any further with the project b/c of AF.

Huckster2
#109BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 2/5/23 at 8:52pm

so we are less than 5 months to previews for BTTF. Anyone still have thoughts on who may, or should. play Marty and/or Lorraine? 

we already know Roger Bart is coming back to the US to continue to play Doc, and Hugh Coles (whatsonstage award winning) is coming over to play George.

Would have to assume Marty and the others to be announced soon. Any guesses?

Previous suggestion have Casey Likes. is he available now that Almost Famous has closed?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#110BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 2/5/23 at 9:02pm

It more likely depends on if he can do a spot-on Michael J Fox impression. 

mememe
#111BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 2/6/23 at 6:35am

songanddanceman2 said: "I watched this here in Manchester when it first premiered just before Covid shut it and the world down.

Its thrilling to look at, the technology is great, but the music is pretty shocking. I could not remember any of the new songs. Its more like an event than a musical, it's pretty much the film just planted on stage.

I will be intrigued to see what American critics think of it, I can't help thinking it will be another Ghost. Does well in the UK but tanks in America.
"

I too saw it in Manchester. I was over in the UK and we made the drive up from London 

The above is correct. It’s a fantastic production of a thoroughly mediocre musical. The songs don’t even advance the plot (or at least didn’t then) you could just remove them and make it a play

It’s the first musical I’ve seen when I longed for the songs to be over so we could get back to the scenes, as they were all thoroughly entertaining. 

I found the chap playing Marty odd as he has the deadest eyes I’ve ever seen on a professional actor but he had the voice and mannerisms down. 

The father is exceptionally good, albeit the two comments above are regarding ‘good’ as an impersonation of the movie actors. If you can’t get on board with that, it’s very much not the show for you because it wears that on its sleeve. 

The choreography was also surprisingly good. Like proper old school musical comedy work. It ever went for cheap and show off, it was actually quirky and nuanced. 

Michelle Birnbaum
#112BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 2/6/23 at 7:04am

Do you think they will offer discounts at all?  Prices were pretty high when I checked.  I know this was a hit in London.

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#113BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 2/6/23 at 9:17am

Don't hate on me for suggesting this, but would Andrew Barth Feldman be good for Marty McFly or would he be too young? Just wanna hear your thoughts. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#114BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 2/6/23 at 9:25am

How would he be too young? He's almost 21 years old. Feldman can still pass as a teenager.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#115BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 2/6/23 at 10:11am

People love to equate actual age with what they can feasibly  pull off. Age is a number. Age is fake. Especially on stage. Someone could be 21 in real life but maybe on stage they read way older, etc. Actual age shouldn’t and doesn’t really matter. 

Dylan Smith4
#116BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 2/6/23 at 10:30am

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "How would he be too young? He's almost 21 years old. Feldman can still pass as a teenager."

Ok, I was just asking. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

pmensky
#117BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 2/6/23 at 11:44am

Huckster2 said: "so we are less than 5 months to previews for BTTF. Anyone still have thoughts on who may, or should. play Marty and/or Lorraine?

we already know Roger Bart is coming back to the US to continue to play Doc, and Hugh Coles (whatsonstage award winning) is coming over to play George.

Would have to assume Marty and the others to be announced soon. Any guesses?

Previous suggestion have Casey Likes. is he available now that Almost Famous has closed?
"

My guess would be that they’ll make a cast announcement right before or after the Tony nominations are announced around the second week of May which would probably coincide with the beginning of their rehearsals.

Dylan Smith4
#118BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 2/27/23 at 9:21am

Further Casting will be announced on March 1 on Good Morning America

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bttfbwayfans/permalink/1309872126233943/?mibextid=W9rl1R

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#119BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 2/27/23 at 9:37am

Armber Ardolino, who is now leaving Funny Girl on April 9, dropped clues about her next gig, which are fairly easily interpreted as her getting the role of Linda, Marty's sister, in Back to the Future.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#120BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 2/27/23 at 9:48am

Jelani Remy is playing the Mayor role last I heard. 

Dylan Smith4
#121BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 2/27/23 at 9:54am

Has anyone heard anything about who's playing Marty?

hearthemsing22
#122BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 2/27/23 at 10:56am

I have heard a rumor about Casey Likes (Almost Famous) joining as Marty. 

Huckster2
#123BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 2/28/23 at 9:25pm

Dylan Smith4 said: "Has anyone heard anything about who's playing Marty?"

Major cast announcement will be made tomorrow, Wednesday, March 1st during the broadcast of Good Morning America.

New Marty expected to be introduced!

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#124BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
Posted: 2/28/23 at 9:33pm

Amber Ardolino posted another clues video about her next show, this time highlighting titles of Jagged Little Pill songs, and I easily made the Glen Ballard connection to Back to the Future. Well, I guess she didn't like that I figured it out and posted the right answer, because she blocked me. Hilarious.

Videos