pixeltracker

2023-2024 Broadway Season- Page 3

2023-2024 Broadway Season

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#502023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/1/23 at 10:04am

Tyne Daly and Liev Schreiber will return to Broadway in a revival of Doubt at the American Airlines Theatre. Previews begin February 2024; exact dates will be announced later. 


Oh look, a bibu!

noahseestheatre Profile Photo
noahseestheatre
#512023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/1/23 at 10:13am

DOUBT to open this spring 2024 by Roundabout Theatre Company starring Tyne Daly and Liev Schreiber--I AM SO EXCITED!

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#522023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/5/23 at 4:32pm

Jaja's African Hair Braiding will begin previews at the Friedman on September 12, with opening night set for October 3.

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#532023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/9/23 at 4:57pm

It's gone now but Melissa Etheridge: My Window was briefly listed on Telecharge for Circle in the Square. Should be an announcement coming soon.

 

 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#542023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/11/23 at 12:11pm

Melissa Etheridge: My Window is confirmed on Telecharge for Circle in the Square. First preview September 14, opening night September 28, and tickets are on sale now.

OuttaTowner
#552023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/13/23 at 6:09am

In light of his Tony win, I thought we might hear mention of Arden’s participation in High Noon. But…nothing. I wonder if the project is dead?  I think his next effort is Preacher’s Wife?

Musicaldudepeter
#562023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/13/23 at 7:00am

I was so hoping Laurie Metcalf would get her Virginia Woolf up and running again but alas it's not to be.

What do you people think in terms of musical frontrunners for Tony acting races even at this incredibly early stage? This time last year Clark and Bareilles were early frontrunners. Who are we thinking for June 2024? 

OuttaTowner
#572023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/13/23 at 7:59am

I suspect we’ll see nominees from Here Lies Love, BTTF, and Merrily. Perhaps some from Harmony and - if it arrives in time - the Wiz. 

Musicaldudepeter
#582023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/13/23 at 8:05am

I wonder how they will petition Mendez, Radcliffe and Groff. In London, Marys have always been in the best actress category at the Oliviers, and both male roles have been in the lead actor category. Samantha Spiro and Daniel Evans won best actor/actress for their Mary/Charlie in the Donmar production. Do you think we'll see Groff in lead, and Radcliffe and Mendez in featured? I think Mendez will be very strong and hard to beat. 

JoeW4 Profile Photo
JoeW4
#592023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/13/23 at 9:47am

As long as you’re looking into precedents, worth looking at this award season for the NYTW run: 

At both the Drama Desk and the Outer Critics Circle Awards, Daniel Radcliffe was put in the supporting category. 

Lindsey Mendez was nominated for 3 awards, but not all the same one. At the Lortels and the OCCs, she was supporting. But at the Drama Desk, she was lead. That’s 2 against 1, BUT I’d also think that the Drama Desks might have a closer correlation with the Tony categories. I guess the jury’s out. 

With Groff, I don’t think there’s any question. I don’t see any viable case for calling that a supporting role. 

OuttaTowner
#602023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/13/23 at 12:09pm

Right now, the best actress field seems narrow (perhaps Arielle Jacobs from HLL and the new lead of the Wiz).  My guess is, that’s where they’ll position Mendez. 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#612023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/13/23 at 12:26pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Jaja's African Hair Braiding will begin previews at the Friedman on September 12, with opening night set for October 3."

Can't wait for this, heard nothing but positive things and I love Jocelyn Bioh. 

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#622023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/13/23 at 1:15pm

Sutton Ross said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Jaja's African Hair Braiding will begin previews at the Friedman on September 12, with opening night set for October 3."

Can't wait for this, heard nothing but positive things and I love Jocelyn Bioh.
"

Me too! Jocelyn's awesome! So glad she's making her Broadway playwright debut!

chrishuyen
#632023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/13/23 at 1:18pm

I think Lindsay Mendez could probably be petitioned in either category, though I'd lean towards featured if they're putting Daniel Radcliffe in featured, so producers will probably make a strategic choice there.

It's worth noting that Chess (supposedly with Lea Michele) sounds like it's looking to come in this season, and I keep hearing rumors of Lempicka transferring but not sure how much that's true and how much is just wishful thinking.  Others floating around are also DDLJ, The Notebook, and Cabaret.

OuttaTowner
#642023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/13/23 at 2:16pm

I think the “must see, tough tickets” will be Chess and Cabaret

Updated On: 6/13/23 at 02:16 PM

thephantomlurker
#652023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/13/23 at 3:47pm

Rumors say Cabaret to the August Wilson, but with quite a bit of renovation required. Not sure it'll happen in time for 23-24. 

Goddess also looking to come in, possibly in the spring. If Lempicka does indeed make the move, Amber Iman might have a tough decision to make. 

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#662023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/14/23 at 2:13am

Has anyone heard anything about The Wanderer coming to Broadway?  It had an out of town tryout at Paper Mill.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#672023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/14/23 at 10:11am

thephantomlurker said: "Rumors say Cabaret to the August Wilson, but with quite a bit of renovation required. Not sure it'll happen in time for 23-24.

Goddess also looking to come in, possibly in the spring. If Lempicka does indeed make the move, Amber Iman might have a tough decision to make.
"

There was something about how Rachel wanted the Kerr for Lempicka. So maybe once Hadestown announces a closing? But she will also be focused on Gatsby. 

kingjames2
#682023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/14/23 at 1:01pm

There was something about how Rachel wanted the Kerr for Lempicka. So maybe once Hadestown announces a closing? But she will also be focused on Gatsby."

yeah I don't know where that rumor about lempicka to the kerr came from but it's definitely false.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#692023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/14/23 at 1:44pm

That’s good! And the Wilson for Cabaret is an interesting choice. I don’t think the interior really invokes 40s Germany… but the layout could work for them. 

MadsonMelo
#702023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/14/23 at 2:04pm

Musicaldudepeter said: "I was so hoping Laurie Metcalf would get her Virginia Woolf up and running again but alas it's not to be.

What do you people think in terms of musical frontrunners for Tony acting races even at this incredibly early stage? This time last year Clark and Bareilles were early frontrunners. Who are we thinking for June 2024?
"

I think Jonathan Groff is certainly a favorite to win as of now. Also, will Lindsay go lead or featured? She can win too.

Voter
#712023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/14/23 at 4:45pm

I swear I just saw Purlie tickets pop on the Telecharge app and now it’s gone.

pethian Profile Photo
pethian
#722023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/14/23 at 4:46pm

MadsonMelo said: "Musicaldudepeter said: "I was so hoping Laurie Metcalf would get her Virginia Woolf up and running again but alas it's not to be.

What do you people think in terms of musical frontrunners for Tony acting races even at this incredibly early stage? This time last year Clark and Bareilles were early frontrunners. Who are we thinking for June 2024?
"

I think Jonathan Groff is certainly a favorite to win as of now. Also, will Lindsay go lead or featured? She can win too.
"

There's a current thread on this very subject, titled "2024Tony Awards," here:

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1156741

tbaker2
#732023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/14/23 at 5:03pm

It was announced back in February about Purlie Victorious: The Play being revived starring Leslie Odom Jr. with Kenny Leon directing. Maybe there will be an official announcement with more details.

TicketBoy
#742023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/14/23 at 5:11pm

Purlie Victorious: A Non-Confederate Romp Through the Cotton Patch at the Music Box. Previews start September 7th. Opening is September 21st. Tickets on sale through February 4.

 

"Leslie Odom, Jr. returns to Broadway for the first time since his Tony Award-winning performance in Hamilton.

Purlie Victorious: A Non-Confederate Romp Through the Cotton Patch is the rousing, laugh-filled comedy by Kennedy Center honoree Ossie Davis that tells the story of a Black preacher’s machinations to reclaim his inheritance and win back his church. Directed by Tony Award winner Kenny Leon (A Raisin in the SunFencesTopdog/Underdog), this inspiring and delightful comedic masterpiece became the source material for the beloved hit musical, Purlie."

Updated On: 6/14/23 at 05:11 PM


Videos