pixeltracker

Arielle Jacobs to lead HERE LIES LOVE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread- Page 10

Arielle Jacobs to lead HERE LIES LOVE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#225HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/9/23 at 7:25am

They’ll be plenty of seats. They want $$. They aren’t going to alienate a whole section of people. 

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#226HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/9/23 at 1:59pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Jacobs is an inspired choice if true. Such a gorgeous voice."

According to her Wikipedia page, she is half-Filipino, so if they are trying to be as authentic as possible with casting, given that she already has an established track record of successfully leading a Broadway show, I think that rumor is more likely true than not. 

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#227HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/9/23 at 4:19pm

Yes, she and her brother Adam Jacobs are half-Filipino. Would love to see her sink her teeth into something like this.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#228HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/9/23 at 5:11pm

New seating chart, with accessible locations highlighted:

HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#229HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/9/23 at 5:27pm

Scarlet Leigh, I think you were right. That is rough when the majority of the people sitting have to do so in the rear mezz. Woof. 

Thanks for the info, Taffy. 

TaffyDavenport
#230HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/10/23 at 10:41am

Standing Room - $169-179

Floorside Seating (elevated) - $169-299 

Front Mezzanine - $149-299 

Rear Mezzanine - $39-129 

All prices are not including fees, and VIP Lounge floor seating not on sale yet.

Post-opening schedule:

Tues-Friday at 8 p.m.

Saturday at 3:30 p.m. and 8 p.m.

Sunday at 2 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#231HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/10/23 at 10:43am

Here’s a video of Korins talking us through the virtual renderings:

https://youtu.be/41yu8viASmE

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#232HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/10/23 at 10:52am

I must say, this is a really cool set design! Might have to check this out this summer! I like how they're turning this large theatre into an immersive experience. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Alexander Lamar
#233HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/10/23 at 11:24am

$170-$180 feels…ambitious? What was the standing pricing like for the off-Broadway runs. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#234HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/10/23 at 11:32am

Standing is really the “optimal” ticket for this and the whole production is sort of built around it, so that price point makes sense. But now they’re going to have to sell it. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#235HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/10/23 at 11:56am

What even are these prices?!?!?

The mezz prices are actually a lot better than many Broadway shows right now, but the dance floor prices seem absurd to me. 

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I feel like the Venn diagram of people who would be interested in standing a dance floor for a disco musical about a Philipino dictator and people who can afford to drop $200 on a Broadway ticket is pretty freaking close to two completley seperate circles. 

Obviously an off-West End show and Broadway show will have VERY different prices, but the standing tickets for Guys and Dolls are significantly cheaper than most of the seated tickets. I guess I was wrong to assume the same here!

DurantPlummer41
#236HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/10/23 at 11:56am

The price for the standing room is higher than I would have expected. But who knows, ticket prices seem to be consistently higher these days, especially for musicals.

Arielle Jacobs is not someone I would have thought of... I believe I saw her as Nina on the In the Heights tour over ten years ago now. I didn't see the musical she did at second stage but I remember hearing good things about her performance.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#237HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/10/23 at 12:00pm

DurantPlummer41 said: "The price for the standing room is higher than I would have expected. But who knows, ticket prices seem to be consistently higher these days, especially for musicals.

Arielle Jacobs is not someone I would have thought of... I believe I saw her as Nina on the In the Heights tour over ten years ago now. I didn't see the musical she did at second stage but I remember hearing good things about her performance.
"

TBH, here performance in Between the Lines was kinda giving Dora the Explorer. She was just way too old to be playing the character and she, a woman in her 30s, didn't know how to anturally talk like a teenager. 

She has a fantastic voice though, and I think she could actually really rock this!

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#238HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/10/23 at 12:13pm

jkcohen626 said: "What even are these prices?!?!?"

Someone has to pay for Korins' ridiculous design.

This is a key example of why Broadway needs a non-traditional theater space.
Or this show should have gone into Circle in the Square.

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#239HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/10/23 at 12:14pm

I dont know if this has been asked but: Is there a reason this couldn't go in the circle in the square? I'm not asking to be snarky or anything just it genuinely seems like this would have fit there easier. I do love the innovation of redesigning the whole theatre, just curious.

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#240HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/10/23 at 12:17pm

Tag said: "jkcohen626 said: "What even are these prices?!?!?"

Someone has to pay for Korins' ridiculous design.

This is a key example of why Broadway needs a non-traditional theater space.
Or this show should have gone into Circle in the Square.
"

LOL i think we posted very same time.

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#241HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/10/23 at 1:12pm

So how many tickets are they selling for the dance floor a night ? 100 people arm to arm is crazy ?

TaffyDavenport
#242HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/10/23 at 1:29pm

If the seat location search function on Telecharge is accurate, there are 313 standing room spots available. On there, for whatever reason, it's split into 6 rows of 50 seats, plus 1 row of 13.

HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?

Updated On: 3/10/23 at 01:29 PM

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#243HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/10/23 at 1:54pm

What do they do on nights the dance floor is almost certainly undersold? Will rush tickets be standing room? Lottery? Because lemme tell ya, having worked for and attended undersold immersive performances, nothing is sadder than thin crowds for what should be a crowded experience. And I can’t see that section selling out at that price point.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#244HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/10/23 at 2:03pm

ColorTheHours048 said: "What do they do on nights the dance floor is almost certainly undersold? Will rush tickets be standing room? Lottery? Because lemme tell ya, having worked for and attended undersold immersive performances, nothing is sadder than thin crowds for what should be a crowded experience. And I can’t see that section selling out at that price point."

I mentioned something along those lines a few days ago –– depending on WOM and pricing, the SRO section could have trouble getting to capacity. Especially on weeknights and during Covid-heavy times. The pricing seems ambitious.

Now, the good news is they could probably get away with 100-150 people in that area and it'll still look pretty full. Not necessarily good for their box office, but it's something. And they can fill it in via TDF or lotto too.

I don't think we can approach this like a traditional Bway show, even tho it has traditional Bway people producing it.

DurantPlummer41
#245HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/10/23 at 2:16pm

jkcohen626 said: "
TBH, here performance in Between the Lines was kinda giving Dora the Explorer. ....

She has a fantastic voice though, and I think she could actually really rock this!
"

The dora comment threw me, lol. On the other hand, I would think that you'd want the floor to be like $50, and have it be sold out for every performance. But I am clearly not a producer and they have to make their money. 

newyorker1410
#246HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/10/23 at 2:40pm

I am so curious about this.  I loved it back at The Public, but that was an entirely different, era and venue.  Back then, David Byrne spoke to boomers and Fat Boy Slim to gen Xers.  Do either of them generate the excitement they did back then?

The Public had a relatively small space (and reasonable ticket prices) so it was packed every night with a pretty hip, young downtown crowd.  Does this work if the dance floor isn't jammed?  Does the Broadway demographic bring the kind of energy and youth needed to create the needed excitement?  

I am still very much looking forward to this, and with the creative team I think it's going to be great, but still a tricky move.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#247HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/10/23 at 3:44pm

I’m sure they crunched the numbers and it wouldn’t be sustainable at Circle in the Square. Or maybe they got a big cut on the rent for the Broadway. Who knows.

I just wonder how bad those $39 rear mezz seats are. 

TaffyDavenport
#248HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/10/23 at 3:52pm

The last 2 rows of the rear mezzanine are pretty bad for every other show at the Broadway, so I think they’ll be even worse for this one. Talk about being alienated from the immersive experience.

Updated On: 3/10/23 at 03:52 PM

VintageSnarker
#249HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
Posted: 3/10/23 at 6:35pm

MimiChika said: "Rumor online is that Arielle Jacobs is our Imelda Marcos"

Holy Adaptational Attractiveness if this is true