pixeltracker

2023-2024 Touring Season- Page 9

2023-2024 Touring Season

theatregeeklife
#2002023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 3/14/23 at 3:56pm

bummed no Girl From North County in SD, I guess Pantages in LA here I come. I am wondering if this means Company will be SD's first show for 24/25 summer of 24.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#2012023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 3/14/23 at 4:03pm

Surprised Chicago isn’t getting Doubtfire or Girl from North Country. 

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#2022023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 3/14/23 at 4:52pm

forfivemoreminutes said: "A.J. said: "forfivemoreminutes said: "fashionguru_23 said: "Toronto's 2023/2024 Season

SIx: Sept -Nov 2023

In Dreams: Sept- Dec 2023

Jagged Little Pill: Oct - Nov. 2023

42nd Street: Nov - Dec 2023

Aladdin: Feb- Mar 2024

Les Mis: Mar - June 2024

Tina : Jun-Jul 2024

"

Did the email say whether Six is Aragon tour, Boleyn tour, or a new tour?
"

The Toronto Star: “The non-touring production is slated to play Edmonton’s Citadel Theatre in August before transferring to Toronto in September for a limited run that could be extended if demand warrants.The non-touring production is slated to play Edmonton’s Citadel Theatre in August before transferring to Toronto in September for a limited run that could be extended if demand warrants.”

I wonder if they’re using the physical production from the Aragon tour, as it doesn’t have any listed dates after Portland in July

"

I wonder if it will be an all-Canadian cast - and also how long they’ll extend for. Nothing else seems to be booked for the Royal Alex for the whole season, so conceivably Six could stay until summer 2024 or even longer.
"

Yep. This is a Canadian sit down. I’d expect it to be at least a year in Toronto (if it sells well). Currently doing a cross Canada casting search. 

Exciting they are doing previews in Edmonton, just like the Broadway production did. 

Updated On: 3/14/23 at 04:52 PM

hamiltonboys
#2032023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 3/14/23 at 10:36pm

The Fabulous Fox in St. Louis reveals its lineup on Thursday, and have been dropping clues on social media, some obvious, some tricky. So far it looks like:

• Beetlejuice (green photo with "haunting" )
  • Doubtfire (blue photo with "heartfelt" )
  • Tina (gold photo with "legendary" )
  • Moulin Rouge (dark red photo with "spectacular" )
  • MJ (red photo with "exhilarating" )
  • Company (purple photo with "groundbreaking" )

There's also a pink photo with the word "festive" on it, which I thought was Company until they dropped the purple clue with "groundbreaking" on it. Any guesses?

Updated On: 3/14/23 at 10:36 PM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#2042023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 3/14/23 at 11:52pm

RippedMan said: "Surprised Chicago isn’t getting Doubtfire or Girl from North Country."

They only announced the fall schedule, I think those shows will be included in the spring.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#2052023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 3/15/23 at 7:36am

Call_me_jorge said: "RippedMan said: "Surprised Chicago isn’t getting Doubtfire or Girl from North Country."

They only announced the fall schedule, I think those shows will be included in the spring.
"

Oh okay thanks. Was looking at their site like what am I missing? Thanks!

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#2062023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 3/15/23 at 9:14am

Someone mentioned recently that the Chicago Cellblock Tour would reemerge in the Fall of 2023 with Emma Pittman as Roxie.  Has anyone heard of any updates?  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#2072023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 3/15/23 at 10:04am

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "Someone mentioned recently that the Chicago Cellblock Tour would reemerge in the Fall of 2023 with Emma Pittman as Roxie. Has anyone heard of any updates?"

That seems unlikely considering it is a non-equity tour

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

MatthewS1
#2082023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 3/15/23 at 11:48am

hamiltonboys said: "The Fabulous Fox in St. Louis reveals its lineup on Thursday, and have been dropping clues on social media, some obvious, some tricky. So far it looks like:

There's also a pink photo with the word "festive" on it, which I thought was Company until they dropped the purple clue with "groundbreaking" on it. Any guesses?"

My guess is that “festive” is A Christmas Story- the shade of pink is pretty much identical to Ralphie’s bunny costume. They also released one more clue that says “dazzling”, which I am expecting to be Chicago or Funny Girl (the shade of red seems identical to the Funny Girl logo). The Fox is my home theater and I’m stoked for this lineup. Here’s to hoping we get one more clue about The Wiz!

Updated On: 3/15/23 at 11:48 AM

Bryce 2
#2092023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 3/15/23 at 12:41pm

MatthewS1 said: "hamiltonboys said: "The Fabulous Fox in St. Louis reveals its lineup on Thursday, and have been dropping clues on social media, some obvious, some tricky. So far it looks like:

There's also a pink photo with the word "festive" on it, which I thought was Company until they dropped the purple clue with "groundbreaking" on it. Any guesses?"

My guess is that “festive” is A Christmas Story- the shade of pink is pretty much identical to Ralphie’s bunny costume. They also released one more clue that says “dazzling”, which I am expecting to be Chicago or Funny Girl (the shade of red seems identical to the Funny Girl logo). The Fox is my home theater and I’m stoked for this lineup. Here’s to hoping we get one more clue about The Wiz!
"

The Fox is my home theater too! I'm pretty sure the "festive" clue is Company (birthday) and the purple "groundbreaking" clue is 1776. And "dazzling" is definitely Chicago!

Elspeth3
#2102023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 3/16/23 at 11:46am

Also my home theatre! They announced this morning:

BEETLEJUICE  |  October 10-22, 2023
TINA - The Tina Turner Musical  |  November 14-26, 2023
MRS. DOUBTFIRE  |  December 26 – January 7, 2024
FUNNY GIRL  |  January 23 – February 4, 2024
COMPANY  |  February 27 – March 10, 2024
MOULIN ROUGE!   |  April 30 – May 12, 2024
MJ   |  May 28 – June 9, 2024
You can add on Cirque du Soleil's first Christmas show for an 8-show pkg:
'TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE... by Cirque du Soleil  |  November 29 – December 10, 2023

Also running (you can swap one show out for one of these):
COME FROM AWAY  |  November 3-5, 2023
Disney's ALADDIN   |  December 12-17, 2023
RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER: The Musical  |  December 23, 2023
JAGGED LITTLE PILL   |  January 18-21, 2024
MAMMA MIA!   |  February 13-18, 2024
THE BOOK OF MORMON   |  April 9-14, 2024

MatthewS1
#2112023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 3/16/23 at 11:55am

I’m thrilled with the Fox’s season! Very glad I got the Funny Girl clue right. A little bummed we aren’t getting The Wiz but everything else makes up for it. I didn’t expect so many additional shows outside of the season package but I’m not complaining!

Updated On: 3/16/23 at 11:55 AM

perfectpenguin
#2122023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 3/16/23 at 11:57am

Does anyone know when Hershey or Philly will announce?

JanMaxwellsBag Profile Photo
JanMaxwellsBag
#2132023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 3/16/23 at 12:00pm

perfectpenguin said: "Does anyone know when Hershey or Philly will announce?"

I believe someone noted Philly is announcing March 20th, IIRC. Really crossing my fingers for Company and possibly a return of Wicked. 

I could use a prince to save me from my prince.

perfectpenguin
#2142023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 3/16/23 at 12:02pm

JanMaxwellsBag said: "perfectpenguin said: "Does anyone know when Hershey or Philly will announce?"

I believe someone noted Philly is announcing March 20th, IIRC. Really crossing my fingers for Company and possibly a return of Wicked.
"

Ohhh thank you!!! Wicked would be nice!!

catmandoo
#2152023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 3/16/23 at 4:37pm

Cleveland just put up a crossword puzzle with no clues on the Playhouse Square facebook and instgram. I think I've figured out a few of the words, but not sure. The announcement is a couple weeks away.

ChorusKitty
#2162023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 3/16/23 at 6:19pm

MatthewS1 said: "I’m thrilled with the Fox’s season! Very glad I got the Funny Girl clue right. A little bummed we aren’t getting The Wiz but everything else makes up for it. I didn’t expect so many additional shows outside of the season package but I’m not complaining!"

I'm glad it looks like we actually get all Equity tours next season, instead of hot messes like that non-Equity tour of "Cats" which recently came through which they still charged top dollar for.

The non-subscription shows are also unusually strong and not ones that have come through six thousand times before ("Stomp," "Chicago," etc.) which is nice. 

Musigamist
#2172023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 3/16/23 at 9:10pm

Catmandoo said, “Cleveland just put up a crossword puzzle with no clues on the Playhouse Square facebook and instgram. I think I've figured out a few of the words, but not sure. The announcement is a couple weeks away.

My solve of it is the following, along with the crossword answer, as it seems that each word is a song title from that show, although no context was provided:

Back to the Future?! —Back in Time

Annie — Tomorrow

Funny Girl — People

Company — Barcelona

MJ — Thriller

Wiz — Home

Doubtfire — Let Go

A solid season by the look of it, and it makes sense with all the other reports here. The one surprise is BTTF? Surely they’re not already announcing a 2024 tour before the Broadway production even opens? Would love to hear if someone used a different theme to solve it with which would explain that.

Updated On: 3/16/23 at 09:10 PM

dan94
#2182023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 3/16/23 at 9:26pm

I'd doubt Back to the Future for Cleveland. Great Lakes (a regional company housed at Playhouse Square) put up a banner "check out our new six-show season" and then when you check, there's only 5 shows announced. Playhouse Square jointly produced Guys and Dolls with them and put it on the season before. I bet they're collabing again. And if the clue is "back in time" possibly it's Groundhog's Day?

Musigamist
#2192023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 3/16/23 at 10:00pm

Well, that makes sense except that would break the key to the crossword which seems to be that each word is a song title.

catmandoo
#2202023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 3/17/23 at 9:39am

Those are all the answers I got too... but hear me out. I'm gonna doubt BTTF would announce a tour in this way, especially since it's not even open on Broadway and it may not be a success and I imagine the technical aspects will take a while to work out for a tour.

What if "Back in Time" is the theme of the season, since it's along the top...  cause most of the shows are revivals (Funny Girl, The wiz, Annie, Company) or based on older movies (Doubtfire) or material/artist (MJ).

So maybe the crossword itself means something. It's got the Scrabble tile scoring system on it, so board game... And what new show based on a board game (that is made by Hasbro, the same company as scrabble)  based on an 80s movie is touring with a some large gaps in its schedule next year?  

Clue. 

So that's my guess. Doubtfire, MJ, The Wiz, Funny Girl, Annie, and Clue.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#2212023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 3/17/23 at 10:10am

Richmond, VA:

FROZEN  Oct 11-22

SIX  Nov 7-12

ANNIE  Jan 16-21

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD  Feb 27-Mar 3

TINA  Apr 2-7

BEETLEJUICE  Jun 4-9

HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS (optional)  Dec 12-17

jfreeman3
#2222023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 3/17/23 at 11:06am

This morning Lincoln, NE announced that a national tour of Shrek the Musical is stopping there in February 2024. Does anyone have any tea or intel about this touring production? I hadn’t heard anything about it. 

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#2232023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 3/17/23 at 8:02pm

jfreeman3 said: "This morning Lincoln, NE announced that a national tour of Shrek the Musical is stopping there in February 2024. Does anyone have any tea or intel about this touring production? I hadn’t heard anything about it."

Very interested to hear more about this... 

There are like 3 other people called Voter on here, FYI. Deleted comment count: 12

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2242023-2024 Touring Season
Posted: 3/17/23 at 9:46pm

The new tour of SHREK is non-equity.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.