pixeltracker

New play PF opening on Broadway this fall?

New play PF opening on Broadway this fall?

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1New play PF opening on Broadway this fall?
Posted: 6/8/23 at 10:42am

https://www.playbill.com/job/p-f-broadway-nyc-epa-06-15-23-06-16-23/53df695d-1354-44fb-802b-048fdfe96c53

PERSONNEL
New Play by Jordan Tannahill
Directed by Robert O’Hara
Produced by Jeremy O. Harris, Sue Wagner, John Johnson
GM: Wagner Johnson Productions
Casting by: Taylor Williams
Associate Casting Director: Ross Shenker

Expected to attend:
Casting Director: Taylor Williams
Associate Casting Director: Ross Shenker

OTHER DATES
First Rehearsal: on or about August 7, 2023
First preview: on or about September 27, 2023
Opening: on or about October 19, 2023
Closing: on or about February 4, 2024

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#2New play PF opening on Broadway this fall?
Posted: 6/8/23 at 10:44am

And PF is an abbreviation of the more provocative title.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#3New play PF opening on Broadway this fall?
Posted: 6/8/23 at 10:49am

BJR said: "And PF is an abbreviation of the more provocative title."

Prima Facie?

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#5New play PF opening on Broadway this fall?
Posted: 6/8/23 at 11:44am

From the above interview, for those who don't feel like reading the whole thing:

"But I also have a new play, which hopefully is going to have a commercial run on the West End next year. It's called “Prince F****t”. In a nutshell, it's about Prince George 10 years from now, coming out to William and Kate. It traces ten years in his queer coming of age, culminating in the first gay royal wedding. It's a pretty raw kind of political satire, looking at the relationship between queerness and power, and the ways in which some forms of queerness have always been admitted into the halls of power — namely, white, cis, male gayness — and others have been kept at the curb. So yeah, that's a play that I wrote during lockdown."

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#6New play PF opening on Broadway this fall?
Posted: 6/8/23 at 12:30pm

Prince George is 9-years-old. A play predicting his sexuality is repugnant. Make it about a fictional prince, for gods sake. Just…leave children alone. Even if they’re born into wild privilege. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#7New play PF opening on Broadway this fall?
Posted: 6/8/23 at 12:38pm

Ewww. No thanks. 

JSquared2
#8New play PF opening on Broadway this fall?
Posted: 6/8/23 at 12:48pm

Is it April Fool's Day?

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#9New play PF opening on Broadway this fall?
Posted: 6/8/23 at 12:51pm

Sauja said: "Prince George is 9-years-old. A play predicting his sexuality is repugnant. Make it about a fictional prince, for gods sake. Just…leave children alone. Even if they’re born into wild privilege."

This. Even making it the fictional son of William & Kate would be less gross. In the same way that children of other public figures should be left alone until they are of age (something Chelsea Clinton and the Bush daughters have spoken about).

JasonC3
#10New play PF opening on Broadway this fall?
Posted: 6/8/23 at 1:18pm

What a poor choice for the playwright to make.  FOX News and the "groomer brigade" will harp on this endlessly.

heybaby
#11New play PF opening on Broadway this fall?
Posted: 6/8/23 at 1:38pm

Agreed. I find this completely gross. 

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#12New play PF opening on Broadway this fall?
Posted: 6/8/23 at 1:46pm

JasonC3 said: "What a poor choice for the playwright to make. FOX News and the "groomer brigade" will harp on this endlessly."

And the unfortunate thing is they'd be right in this case, which will embolden them and make them think they are right in other situations (when they're usually not). But yeah, this is icky and terrible. 

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#13New play PF opening on Broadway this fall?
Posted: 6/8/23 at 2:05pm

Jeremy O. Harris is attached. That’s all I need to know to avoid like the plague.

Not to mention this sounds like downright cruelty.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#14New play PF opening on Broadway this fall?
Posted: 6/8/23 at 2:21pm

Was there any media in the 90’s fantasizing over a young William being a gay?  Or Charles? How come people are so fascinated about George’s sexuality, it is so sickening and I hope this show and any trying to be like it receive backlash. Why do they have to write a play specifically about George and not a fictional royal? Just seems like they’re begging to be ridiculed.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#15New play PF opening on Broadway this fall?
Posted: 6/8/23 at 2:32pm

Interested which theater they may have managed to grab

There are like 3 other people called Voter on here, FYI. Deleted comment count: 12

gibsons2
#16New play PF opening on Broadway this fall?
Posted: 6/8/23 at 2:55pm

JasonC3 said: "What a poor choice for the playwright to make. FOX News and the "groomer brigade" will harp on this endlessly."

It's not just Fox News and "groomer brigade". Many very liberal parents have the same opinions, they just aren't being as loud.

bear88
#17New play PF opening on Broadway this fall?
Posted: 6/8/23 at 2:55pm

The playwright and producers are counting on controversy, including attacks from the right. It’s free marketing. A fictional prince wouldn’t achieve those goals. But portraying a real person, who happens to be a child, will guarantee attention, especially because it’s about the Royal Family.

While I personally would happily go the rest of my life without seeing any more movies, TV series, plays, and musicals about them, I know there is still plenty of interest.

It all just seems like such a cynical and tiresome exercise.

Theatrefan2
#18New play PF opening on Broadway this fall?
Posted: 6/8/23 at 3:06pm

This is disgusting to be honest, no other way around it.

Not only is speculating about a child's sexuality neighbouring 'countdown until their legal' territory.  But why have the community become so focused on almost witch hunting to insist people are outed, labelled etc. Imagine how any of us would feel about our sexuality being discussed and debated before we even worked it out ourselves, and in this case before he may have even thought about it.

Just because he is a royal, it doesn't mean he doesn't deserve any less respect or privacy. As a brit the British press get a bad reputation, but there is an agreement between the Palace and Fleet Street that the kids are left alone. And this has worked for the last 20 plus years. This actually goes beyond anything the press would do.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#19New play PF opening on Broadway this fall?
Posted: 6/8/23 at 3:22pm

Jordan Tannahill has written plays FAR more interesting than this one. When we could be getting a Broadway production of Concord Floral, it sucks we're getting this.