pixeltracker

DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread- Page 3

DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread

verywellthensigh
#50DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES to play limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
Posted: 9/13/23 at 1:53pm

In agreement that the chipper website looks more like Send Me No Flowers than Days of Wine and Roses.  Why the hell did they go with the tacky Pekoe Group??  I can't imagine that the creatives are terribly pleased with it, either. 

Still...I'm rooting for this show.

Updated On: 9/13/23 at 01:53 PM

BroadwaysBroad
#51DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES to play limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
Posted: 9/13/23 at 1:55pm

Everyone here is so negative, michael grief has always had hits

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#52DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES to play limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
Posted: 9/13/23 at 1:58pm

BroadwaysBroad said: "Everyone here is so negative, michael grief has always had hits"

Totally brah, If/Then made BILLIONS. 

BroadwaysBroad
#53DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES to play limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
Posted: 9/13/23 at 1:59pm

Sutton Ross said: "BroadwaysBroad said: "Everyone here is so negative, michael grief has always had hits"

Totally brah, If/Then made BILLIONS.

"

Rent? Ever hear of it?

Sutton Ross
#54DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES to play limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
Posted: 9/13/23 at 2:04pm

Nah, do you mean Lease

michael grief has always had hits

Capitalizing a person's name is just pretty standard if you passed 2nd grade, just an FYI.  Also, when you say he "always had hits" and he clearly has not? You'll be called out here. Every time.

Welcome to BWW! 

BroadwaysBroad
#55DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES to play limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
Posted: 9/13/23 at 2:13pm

Sutton Ross said: "Nah, do you mean Lease?

michael grief has always had hits

Capitalizing a person's name is just pretty standard if you passed 2nd grade, just an FYI. Also, when you say he "always had hits" and he clearly has not? You'll be called out here. Every time.

Welcome to BWW!
"

Thank you for the warm welcome

ill continue preaching the GOSPEL OF GRIEF

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#56DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES to play limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
Posted: 9/13/23 at 2:20pm

I mean Rent, Dear Evan Hansen, and Next to Normal... pretty decent track record. 

verywellthensigh
#57DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES to play limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
Posted: 9/13/23 at 2:28pm

RippedMan said: "I mean Rent, Dear Evan Hansen, and Next to Normal... pretty decent track record."

Any career that's worthwhile is going to have hits and misses. 

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#58DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES to play limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
Posted: 9/13/23 at 2:45pm

LOL what is even being argued here? Michael Greif has obviously had multiple hits. Sure, he’s directed some flops, but to argue that his career has no hits over what is now a quite lengthy period of time is just being ignorant. I don’t think anyone was saying everything he touches is gold.

OhHiii
#59DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES to play limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
Posted: 9/13/23 at 2:47pm

ColorTheHours048 said: "LOL what is even being argued here? Michael Greif has obviously had multiple hits. Sure, he’s directed some flops, but to argue that his career has no hits over what is now a quite lengthy period of time is just being ignorant. I don’t think anyone was saying everything he touches is gold."

It's the standard Sutton harassment of a new board member, pay it no mind.

Sutton Ross
#60DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES to play limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
Posted: 9/13/23 at 3:33pm

Lolz. Totally. Someone who says "Everyone is mean to her and will act outraged when she votes to defund the arts. We need her!" about Lauren Boebert is not a real person, is no one we need around here, and will be gone tomorrow. Enjoying defending their bull*hit tho! 

BroadwaysBroad
#61DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES to play limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
Posted: 9/13/23 at 3:41pm

Sutton Ross said: "Lolz. Totally. Someone who says "Everyone is mean to her and will act outraged when she votes to defund the arts. We need her!" about Lauren Boebert is not a real person, is no one we need around here, and will be gone tomorrow. Enjoying defending their bull*hit tho!

She’s an ELECTED REPRESENTIVE

like her politics or not but she was chosen

i abhore her politics 

We need more support for arts

I’m guessing you’ve never been elected to anything 

"

CukorLover Profile Photo
CukorLover
#62DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES to play limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
Posted: 9/13/23 at 3:44pm

Two choreographers? Is there a dance ensemble?

Choreography by Sergio Trujillo & Karla Puno Garcia

OhHiii
#63DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES to play limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
Posted: 9/13/23 at 3:59pm

Sutton Ross said: "Lolz. Totally. Someone who says "Everyone is mean to her and will act outraged when she votes to defund the arts. We need her!" about Lauren Boebert is not a real person, is no one we need around here, and will be gone tomorrow. Enjoying defending their bull*hit tho!

The meltdown commences. You do this to every new member on this board that says something that doesn't meet your standards of decorum and knowhow you've decided should be applied to everyone posting here. I pointed out YOUR aggressive demeanor toward other members of this board, did not mention any of what this person was saying. This is not new, I bring it up every time you put on your bully pants in these threads. Which is often.

JasonC3
#64DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES to play limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
Posted: 9/13/23 at 4:12pm

Your periodic reminder that putting certain message board users on IGNORE makes the entire site experience better and if they contribute anything really positive and worthwhile, it almost always appears in someone else's posts.

smidge2
#65DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES to play limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
Posted: 9/13/23 at 4:22pm

How did the Boebert discussion get on the Days of Wine and Roses thread?

binau Profile Photo
binau
#66DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES to play limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
Posted: 9/13/23 at 4:41pm

Everything that Michael Greif touched in terms of artistic quality does tend to be gold. Or at least chocolate covered in gold foil. Regardless of commercial outcome I’m guessing anyone that cares about serious theatre will love this, and I now want to get back to NYC to see this. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#67DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES to play limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
Posted: 9/13/23 at 4:48pm

CukorLover said: "Two choreographers? Is there a dance ensemble?
Choreography by Sergio Trujillo & Karla Puno Garcia
"

There was very little choreo in the Atlantic production.

I don't know the behind-the-scenes of it all, but my assumption is:  Karla is a relative newcomer as a Bway choreographer, Sergio is a busy man (and a director in his own right), and he may be there in more of a supervisory/mentor role.

(People here might also recognize Karla's face plastered all over the city!)

Jesse St. James Profile Photo
Jesse St. James
BETTY22
#69DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES to play limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
Posted: 9/13/23 at 8:20pm

Is this part of Roundabout's subscription, or is each ticket sold individually?

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#70DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES to play limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
Posted: 9/13/23 at 11:08pm

A rental, though Roundabout really needs to up their game when it comes to wtf they program and/or partner with.

PipingHotPiccolo
#71DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES to play limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
Posted: 9/13/23 at 11:48pm

OhHiii said: "

It's the standard Sutton harassment of a new board member, pay it no mind."

It is, and i'm loath to defend Sutton's antics BUT this poster keeps posting the most wildly ignorant comments about Lauren Boebert, lowering the bar for even these boards. This rude welcome is more than deserved.

As for the show in question: on the one hand, kudos to the producers for funding adult productions. On the other, did this sell out downtown? Am i wrong in remembering very lukewarm reactions to it? Isnt Studio 54 rather enormous for a show this niche and intimate? 

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#72DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES to play limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
Posted: 9/14/23 at 9:34am

Anyway, let's stop feeding the troll and get back to the topic.

No surprise this transferred. Guettel's first score in almost 20 years, it would have to.

But a tough commercial sell.

And I can't say I cared for it, though an admirable effort - effortful though it was.

bigbelterbaby
#73DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES to play limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
Posted: 9/14/23 at 12:09pm

here is a link to the original version of the story that starred Piper Laurie and Cliff Robertson. it aired on television and was acclaimed for it's realistic portraits of alcoholism . Written by JP Miller, he later adapted it to a film that starred Lee Remick and Jack Lemmon .

Hesione Hushabye thinks it tastes like ashes.

JasonC3
#74DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES to play limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
Posted: 9/14/23 at 4:06pm

BJR said: "No surprise this transferred. Guettel's first score in almost 20 years, it would have to.

But a tough commercial sell.
"

I think your second sentence offers a very plausible reason for why it isn't unexpected that some people are surprised this transferred ... as does your reaction to the show itself.

Updated On: 9/15/23 at 04:06 PM

Videos