News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Where Are You, Dollypop?- Page 2

Where Are You, Dollypop?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#25Where Are You, Dollypop?
Posted: 10/31/23 at 11:09pm

Oh that’s nice but I really have not. I miss reading those first preview posts, as well. Very missed around here. 

eponine88
#26Where Are You, Dollypop?
Posted: 11/1/23 at 12:50am

WhizzerMarvin's preview reports were a highlight for me as well! Definitely missed.

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#27Where Are You, Dollypop?
Posted: 11/1/23 at 2:51am

I trusted Whizzer's reviews more than most mainstream publications.

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#28Where Are You, Dollypop?
Posted: 11/1/23 at 3:12am

I haven't seen GavestonPS post for quite a while. I didn't know them, but always enjoyed their posts.

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#29Where Are You, Dollypop?
Posted: 11/1/23 at 7:02am

I hope that After Eight is enjoying his tea with jam and bread wherever he is.  I miss his vocabulary lessons. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#30Where Are You, Dollypop?
Posted: 11/11/23 at 2:22pm

Dollypop is found! They found me on another forum and reached out. They are FINE , but have had problems with the site not publishing their posts. They have been in contact with admin, but problem not yet solved! 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

round2 Profile Photo
round2
#31Where Are You, Dollypop?
Posted: 11/11/23 at 2:37pm

Glad to hear it's just technical issues that's separated Dollypop from us! Hoping they're resolvable soon.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#32Where Are You, Dollypop?
Posted: 11/11/23 at 2:51pm

Call off the search parties.

Dollypop is alive and well and living in exile.

It doesn't seem like technical issues to me. Probably he is staying away on principle because of unfair deletion. I know how that feels.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Jay Lerner-Z
#33Where Are You, Dollypop?
Posted: 11/11/23 at 2:56pm

Oh wait, it IS tech issues after all. I saw dramamama's post over on the tech thread.

Seems I'm just paranoid. Muringate still lingers.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#34Where Are You, Dollypop?
Posted: 11/12/23 at 8:00am

I miss Limelight Mike.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Jay Lerner-Z
#35Where Are You, Dollypop?
Posted: 1/16/24 at 3:04pm

For Dollypop, on the 60th anniversary of his favorite show.

He really should have been rescued by now so he could post this himself.

bear88
#36Where Are You, Dollypop?
Posted: 1/16/24 at 5:14pm

Dollypop’s love of Hello, Dolly always felt so joyous. Even his irritation with ‘That Streisand Woman’ over his distaste with the movie adaptation was amusing.

And when I finally saw the revival on tour, and enjoyed it more than I probably expected, I thought of Dollypop.

Jarethan
#37Where Are You, Dollypop?
Posted: 1/16/24 at 5:25pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "Call off the search parties.

Dollypop is alive and well and living in exile.

It doesn't seem like technical issues to me. Probably he is staying away on principle because of unfair deletion. I know how that feels.
"

Unless I am misunderstanding you, I can't imagine that Dollypop ever posted anything that would have had to be censored in any conceivable scenario.

Jay Lerner-Z
#38Where Are You, Dollypop?
Posted: 1/16/24 at 5:28pm

You don’t NEED to post something deserving of deletion for it to be deleted.

Impeach2017 Profile Photo
Impeach2017
#39Where Are You, Dollypop?
Posted: 4/1/24 at 8:48am

Just heard the news.  Flabbergasted!

theatretenor2 Profile Photo
theatretenor2
#40Where Are You, Dollypop?
Posted: 4/1/24 at 10:14am

Impeach2017 said: "Just heard the news. Flabbergasted!"

What news? I was friends with him on Facebook but can’t find him there anymore. 

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#41Where Are You, Dollypop?
Posted: 4/1/24 at 2:14pm

I hope Dollypop is OK.

What happened to the old days?  What happened to the neighbourhood?

nmartin Profile Photo
nmartin
#42Where Are You, Dollypop?
Posted: 4/1/24 at 3:01pm

Why is it that you can't go out without a baseball bat?

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#43Where Are You, Dollypop?
Posted: 4/1/24 at 3:04pm

theatretenor2 said: "Impeach2017 said: "Just heard the news. Flabbergasted!"

What news? I was friends with him on Facebook but can’t find him there anymore.
"

I'm hoping it isn't an April Fools joke. But Impeach2017 should have elaborated a little more than leave an ominous sentence.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Zeppie2022
#44Where Are You, Dollypop?
Posted: 4/1/24 at 4:33pm

"I'm hoping it isn't an April Fools joke. But Impeach2017 should have elaborated a little more than leave an ominous sentence."

IMO the poster is joking. If something serious happened, I doubt anybody would use the word "flabbergasted" and would have elaborated further than one sentence. Hopefully, somebody can find out the truth.

theatretenor2 Profile Photo
theatretenor2
#45Where Are You, Dollypop?
Posted: 4/2/24 at 10:29am

Dolly just reached out to me on Facebook:

"Just letting you know I'm fine and dandy. I'm also very busy. I was asked to temporarily take over managing our church's thrift shop and it's lots of work. That's why I haven't been on BWW for a while. You may share this with the group."

mar6411
#46Where Are You, Dollypop?
Posted: 4/2/24 at 10:31am

Thank you for sharing theatretenor2.  Good to hear.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#47Where Are You, Dollypop?
Posted: 4/2/24 at 11:25am

A very distasteful joke, then. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#48Where Are You, Dollypop?
Posted: 4/2/24 at 11:54am

Kad said: "A very distasteful joke, then."

100%.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Videos