pixeltracker

Michael Arden to direct musical adaptation of THE LOST BOYS, with music by The Rescues

Michael Arden to direct musical adaptation of THE LOST BOYS, with music by The Rescues

JSquared2
#2Michael Arden to direct musical adaptation of THE LOST BOYS, with music by The Rescues
Posted: 12/13/23 at 2:09pm

Happy to give this the benefit of doubt, and I look forward to it -- but after Dance of the Vampires, Dracula The Musical and Lestat -- the odds on vampire musicals aren't exactly in their favor!

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#3Michael Arden to direct musical adaptation of THE LOST BOYS, with music by The Rescues
Posted: 12/13/23 at 2:34pm

Well that’s certainly a random group of producers. 

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#4Michael Arden to direct musical adaptation of THE LOST BOYS, with music by The Rescues
Posted: 12/13/23 at 2:53pm

Im all in for this if it’s done right and beautiful 

but my main concern is who will play the sexy sax man? 

BETTY22
#5Michael Arden to direct musical adaptation of THE LOST BOYS, with music by The Rescues
Posted: 12/13/23 at 3:13pm

I loved the film almost everything Arden has directed. His revivals are great. What original shows has he developed before?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#6Michael Arden to direct musical adaptation of THE LOST BOYS, with music by The Rescues
Posted: 12/13/23 at 5:20pm

BETTY22 said: "I loved the film almost everything Arden has directed. His revivals are great. What original shows has he developed before?"

I don't believe that anything he's helped develop has yet been produced- with the exception of the Jefferson Mays Christmas Carol, though one could argue that wasn't "original."

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Chaz Hands
#7Michael Arden to direct musical adaptation of THE LOST BOYS, with music by The Rescues
Posted: 12/13/23 at 5:44pm

Kad said: "BETTY22 said: "I loved the film almost everything Arden has directed. His revivals are great. What original shows has he developed before?"

I don't believe that anything he's helped develop has yet been produced- with the exception of the Jefferson Mays Christmas Carol, though one could argue that wasn't "original."
"

He’s directing The Preacher’s Wife at Alliance this season, and is also directing that Queen of Versailles project, so he’s definitely starting to get more “original” work

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#8Michael Arden to direct musical adaptation of THE LOST BOYS, with music by The Rescues
Posted: 12/13/23 at 6:31pm

The score for this should be interesting.

Just give the world Love.

BETTY22
#9Michael Arden to direct musical adaptation of THE LOST BOYS, with music by The Rescues
Posted: 12/16/23 at 11:42am

Patrick Wilson is also involved as a producer. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#11Michael Arden to direct musical adaptation of THE LOST BOYS, with music by The Rescues
Posted: 1/24/24 at 2:58pm

TaffyDavenport said: ""

Am I the only one who sees Stranger Things in that teaser video?

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

binau Profile Photo
binau
#12Michael Arden to direct musical adaptation of THE LOST BOYS, with music by The Rescues
Posted: 1/24/24 at 3:17pm

I absolutely agree. I would be intrigued and impressed if we hadn’t already seen this idea before! 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Idontwantthis5
#13Michael Arden to direct musical adaptation of THE LOST BOYS, with music by The Rescues
Posted: 1/24/24 at 3:38pm

David is the role Andrew Polec was born to play: fingers crossed this finally leads to his long awaited breakthrough.

scripps Profile Photo
scripps
#14Michael Arden to direct musical adaptation of THE LOST BOYS, with music by The Rescues
Posted: 1/24/24 at 6:24pm

Idontwantthis5 said: "David is the role Andrew Polec was born to play: fingers crossed this finally leads to his long awaited breakthrough."

I dreamcast Polec in so many shows and approve this message. 

Alex Kulak2
#15Michael Arden to direct musical adaptation of THE LOST BOYS, with music by The Rescues
Posted: 1/24/24 at 7:02pm

Y'all buried the lede on Rickety Cricket from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia being a co-bookwriter.

inception Profile Photo
inception
#16Michael Arden to direct musical adaptation of THE LOST BOYS, with music by The Rescues
Posted: 1/24/24 at 8:09pm

Alex Kulak2 said: "Y'all buried the lede on Rickety Cricket from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia being a co-bookwriter."

Hmm songs it going to be a horror comedy?  Interesting stars listed fir the reading in the Playbill article: "Caissie Levy, Lorna Courtney, Nathan Levy Will Star in Lost Boys Musical Workshop"

I seem to remember in the the movie all the leads were male characters??

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#17Michael Arden to direct musical adaptation of THE LOST BOYS, with music by The Rescues
Posted: 1/24/24 at 8:52pm

JSquared2 said: "Happy to give this the benefit of doubt, and I look forward to it -- but afterDance of the Vampires, Dracula The MusicalandLestat --the odds on vampire musicals aren't exactly in their favor!"

Exactly, vampire musicals flop super hard.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#18Michael Arden to direct musical adaptation of THE LOST BOYS, with music by The Rescues
Posted: 1/24/24 at 8:59pm

inception said: "Alex Kulak2 said: "Y'all buried the lede on Rickety Cricket from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia being a co-bookwriter."

Hmm songs it going to be a horror comedy? Interesting stars listed fir the reading in the Playbill article: "Caissie Levy, Lorna Courtney, Nathan Levy Will Star in Lost Boys Musical Workshop"

I seem to remember in the the movie all the leads were male characters??
"

Dianne Wiest played the mother, and Jamie Gertz was the female vampire, which I'm assuming are Caissie and Lorna's roles.

Updated On: 1/24/24 at 08:59 PM

MemorableUserName
#19Michael Arden to direct musical adaptation of THE LOST BOYS, with music by The Rescues
Posted: 1/24/24 at 9:15pm

Yep:

https://deadline.com/2024/01/the-lost-boys-musical-1235803592/

"Caissie Levy will play Lucy Emerson, the recently divorced mom who unwittingly moves herself and two sons to a vampire-infested California beach town. The younger son is Sam, to be played by Nathan Levy. Courtney will portray Star, the beautiful girl who catches the eye of older son Micheal (no casting announced yet) and a maybe an undead boy or two.

In the film, Lucy was played by Dianne Wiest, Sam by Corey Haim and Star by Jami Gertz."

Videos