pixeltracker

AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews- Page 3

AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews

yyys
#50AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews
Posted: 3/5/24 at 8:03pm

Ahhh here you go.... During that scene, the prop used ....

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Ice cubes - there were about 4 buckets of them.

yyys
#51AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews
Posted: 3/5/24 at 8:05pm

also I don't remember if there was a chant...

bettyco
#52AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews
Posted: 3/5/24 at 9:49pm

MemorableUserName said: "yyys said: "Funny you asked, it was almost laughable. They did use a prop for this scene....sorry I don't know how to put spoiler content :)

Thanks for the response! Sad (or funny?) that they couldn't get the moment to work either.

(For spoilers you click on the + symbol in a square, to the right of the smiley, on the toolbar above the comment box.)
"

fwiw I thought the staging of this moment was what worked best.

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#53AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews
Posted: 3/6/24 at 3:50pm

How is the view from the upper rows (G)?  Is there any seat section I should avoid for this show?

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#54AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews
Posted: 3/6/24 at 5:18pm

I would skip the first row (marketed as Floor seats). 

alexidarling15
#55AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews
Posted: 3/6/24 at 8:48pm

I am also wondering this - usually no bad seats in this theater so I just bought Row G.

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#56AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews
Posted: 3/8/24 at 1:28am

bwaylyric said: "How is the view from the upper rows (G)? Is there any seat section I should avoid for this show?"

Not sure where in row G you’re looking but I was in G-426 and that stovepipe kept getting in the way of the actors faces. They’d stop walking right behind that pipe in my line of sight. So I’d avoid that seat and the ones in a line below it, but everywhere else looked totally unobstructed.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

rachelfran
#57AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews
Posted: 3/8/24 at 11:11am

VernonGersch said: "I would skip the first row (marketed as Floor seats)."

Well I just won a lottery ticket for tomorrow that says FLOOR SEATS Row FB. I wasn't sure what it was since I don't see them on the theater map amd I guess I'll hope I can still enjoy the show.   I'd been kicking myself for passing up a lottery win for last Friday night's show so jumped on it this time.

Voter
#58AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews
Posted: 3/9/24 at 8:41am

I kept loosing the lottery for this show. I went to the box office at 5pm. I purchased a standing room ticket for an 8pm performance (on a Friday). The play started very late (8:10pm). The managers and ushers were giving out sheets of paper to move to actual seats since they were empty at the last minute (given to the standing room crowd). 

OppositeBarracuda91
#59AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews
Posted: 3/9/24 at 1:53pm

I've got a Floor Seat Row A. Did you have to crane your neck?

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#60AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews
Posted: 3/9/24 at 1:56pm

The play started very late (8:10pm)

That's not "very late" in any capacity. 

lopside
#61AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews
Posted: 3/11/24 at 8:00am

Jeremy Strong Isn’t Sure He Knows Who He Is

This Strong interview is fascinating. He simultaneously takes himself so seriously and also, not at all. 

Rex Ere
#62AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews
Posted: 3/11/24 at 8:13am

I can't help but like Strong, and he's already had a mini-moment like this with his New Yorker profile, but it often feels like his Bradley Cooper (baseless) ridicule moment is somehow coming. Internet snarks cannot handle this kind of honesty and actor-y self-absorption. 

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#63AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews
Posted: 3/11/24 at 8:42am

never had seen this show, read the show and was won over by this excellent wildly entertaining production.  Excellent direction, cast and innovative moments made for a wonderful night out at the theater.  I hope the critics enjoy this as much as the Audience I saw it with the other night. 

rachelfran
#64AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews
Posted: 3/11/24 at 5:59pm

I saw it this past Saturday afternoon ... line was long going in at 1:50pm. I thought I'd avoid the crowd and stroll right in by arriving so late but no.  I had a lottery ticket in the second row on the floor.  I saw others standing on rails but they were all moved to seats that were empty at showtime.  It was exhilarating to be so close to the stage.

While I was entertained, I think there are some pacing and staging issues that I did not like and hope these get fixed. 

The leads are terrific but David Patrick Kelly might've been my favorite though I went for Jeremy Strong.

Audience members are on stage for a short time -- they were given tickets if they were selected to do so .. probably as someone suggested, based on the ease to get on and off the stage.  The couple next to me was selected and they were so excited about it.  Those guests are told to leave their leftovers on the stage or table.  

It took a long time to get out of the theater from my seat in the second row so if you are rushing somewhere choose a seat much further up.

kevinr
#65AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews
Posted: 3/11/24 at 6:04pm

Anyone go to the stage door after the show? Curious if Jeremy or Michael sign or take pics.

bwaypotato
#66AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews
Posted: 3/11/24 at 6:31pm

rachelfran said: "I saw it this past Saturday afternoon ... line was long going in at 1:50pm. I thought I'd avoid the crowd and stroll right in by arriving so late but no. I had a lottery ticket in the second row on the floor. I saw others standing on rails but they were all moved to seats that were empty at showtime. It was exhilarating to be so close to the stage."

I was also at the Saturday matinee and was one of those standing at the rails. Everyone in my section of SRO was moved to seats except for me. The usher counted and pointed to the five of us who were getting seats. She told us five to follow her. However, some tall guy who was not initially selected pushed in front of me and got what would have been my seat. The usher saw this and came over telling me she would find a seat for me. However that didn’t happen. This five second interaction didn’t irk me at all and I was perfectly fine standing. But what did irk me was there was plenty of open seats once the doors closed that I could have been moved to. Nearly an entire row on the other side of the stage was open, at least four open seats to the right of me, and a row to the left that was used just for people to put their jacks on the seats. I planned to ask to move at the pause but the ushers were nowhere to be found (assuming they were all helping with the bar). 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#67AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews
Posted: 3/11/24 at 6:55pm

Rex Ere said: "I can't help but like Strong, and he's already had a mini-moment like this with his New Yorker profile, but it often feels like his Bradley Cooper (baseless) ridiculemoment is somehow coming. Internet snarks cannot handle this kind of honesty and actor-y self-absorption."

Oh that reputation was solidified with the New Yorker profile, and with people like Hathaway and Chastain coming to his defense for his working strategy. If it works for him, that's great. But the general public can't help but view this as eccentric behavior. (And sometimes it IS eccentric behavior!)

MezzA101
#68AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews
Posted: 3/11/24 at 7:43pm

lopside said: "Jeremy Strong Isn’t Sure He Knows Who He Is

This Strong interview is fascinating. He simultaneously takes himself so seriously and also,not at all.
"

Thanks for the head's-up. Here's a gift link.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/03/10/magazine/jeremy-strong-interview.html?unlocked_article_code=1.b00.NDDi._lTryCHc3_1x&smid=nytcore-android-share

Jonathan Cohen Profile Photo
Jonathan Cohen
#69AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews
Posted: 3/12/24 at 1:24am

Rex Ere said: "I can't help but like Strong, and he's already had a mini-moment like this with his New Yorker profile, but it often feels like his Bradley Cooper (baseless) ridiculemoment is somehow coming. Internet snarks cannot handle this kind of honesty and actor-y self-absorption."

Going to see An Enemy of the People I kept thinking about a behind the scenes Succession story where Strong in the last episode needed to be stopped from jumping off a bridge in an unscripted decision about his character.

With that in mind, I was convinced in this play he was going to make a decision not in the original text that would put himself in physical danger. Without spoiling it, there's a moment that at least looks really dangerous for him. 

My point is Strong seems to equate self harm with great or more authentic acting. I have no opinion on his actual mental health, but I think that's a big part of the energy people are responding to in terms of his public persona. 

FLarnhill Profile Photo
FLarnhill
#70AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews
Posted: 3/12/24 at 1:35pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Rex Ere said: "I can't help but like Strong, and he's already had a mini-moment like this with his New Yorker profile, but it often feels like his Bradley Cooper (baseless) ridiculemoment is somehow coming. Internet snarks cannot handle this kind of honesty and actor-y self-absorption."

Oh that reputation was solidified with the New Yorker profile, and with people like Hathaway and Chastain coming to his defense for his working strategy. If it works for him, that's great. But the general public can't help but view this as eccentric behavior. (And sometimes it IS eccentric behavior!)
"

People called Joaquin Phoenix crazy. And where is he now? An Oscar winner who commands $20m. Jeremy could head in that direction.

scripps Profile Photo
scripps
#71AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews
Posted: 3/12/24 at 4:47pm

I won the lotto for tomorrow evening's performance but can't use one of the tickets. The seat is in row A section 200s even. PM me if interested.

Lauren2
#72AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews
Posted: 3/12/24 at 5:12pm

Scripps I am interested in the ticket but it won’t let me DM you. 

scripps Profile Photo
scripps
#73AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews
Posted: 3/12/24 at 5:38pm

Lauren2 said: "Scripps I am interested in the ticket but it won’t let me DM you."

Sent you a PM, thanks!

Andre4 Profile Photo
Andre4
#74AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE 2024 Previews
Posted: 3/12/24 at 5:51pm

Hi there…if for some reason this does not work out I would also be interested in the ticket! :)