Titanic at City Centers

220Basswood
#1Titanic at City Centers
Posted: 6/6/24 at 6:32pm

I saw the production that was eventually turned into a Fathom event and thought it was very good.  Since the upcoming show is an Encores presentation I know there are not the traditional previews and this has a very short run but does anyone know how elaborate the sets will be?  I really like the cast.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2Titanic at City Centers
Posted: 6/6/24 at 8:14pm

Titanic at City Centers

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#3Titanic at City Center
Posted: 6/6/24 at 8:47pm

220Basswood said: "I saw the production that was eventually turned into a Fathom event and thought it was very good. Since the upcoming show is an Encores presentation I know there are not the traditional previews and this has a very short run but does anyone know how elaborate the sets will be? I really like the cast."

There is a brief view of the mock-up in the rehearsal video. Check around 0.35 and 1.39.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8-tmUAk_ZU

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.
Updated On: 6/6/24 at 08:47 PM

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#4Titanic at City Center
Posted: 6/6/24 at 8:52pm

There is not going to be much of a set for this, and anyone waiting for it to “tip” is going to highly disappointed. 

Broadway61004
#5Titanic at City Center
Posted: 6/6/24 at 9:38pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Titanic at City Center"

That's a far better set than the first national had.

UWS10023 Profile Photo
UWS10023
#6Titanic at City Center
Posted: 6/7/24 at 12:24am

Someone was saying that they are borrowing the ship from a recent production of The King and I at the Vivian Beaumont Theatre in New York City.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#7Titanic at City Center
Posted: 6/7/24 at 12:28am

Maybe everyone will just get down on the floor and roll themselves off into the wings. 

Updated On: 6/7/24 at 12:28 AM

hearthemsing22
#8Titanic at City Center
Posted: 6/7/24 at 8:35am

Jordan Catalano said: "Maybe everyone will just get down on the floor and roll themselvesoff into the wings."

HAHAHA Jordan I'm appreciating your comments more and more 

A Justified Bean Profile Photo
A Justified Bean
#9Titanic at City Center
Posted: 6/7/24 at 3:45pm

The mockups in that rehearsal video look like the sets from last year's Light in the Piazza and Sweeney Todd revival had a baby.

The slotted spoon can catch the potato.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#10Titanic at City Center
Posted: 6/7/24 at 3:54pm

A Justified Bean said: "The mockups in that rehearsal video looklike the sets from last year'sLight in the Piazza andSweeney Todd revivalhad a baby."

I thought Piazza as well. This has to be the largest orchestra they have had above the stage.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

CoffeeBreak Profile Photo
CoffeeBreak
#11Titanic at City Center
Posted: 6/7/24 at 5:48pm

Same. Piazza painted blue.

Voter
#12Titanic at City Center
Posted: 6/8/24 at 2:52pm

RUN TIME

Approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes with one intermission

Hey, Zelda! Profile Photo
Hey, Zelda!
#13Titanic at City Center
Posted: 6/8/24 at 3:27pm

So they're going for the big sound with the orchestra, but, textually, will this be the original Broadway script and score or more in line with that of the recent chamber version?

rg7759
#14Titanic at City Center
Posted: 6/8/24 at 9:41pm

UWS10023 said: "Someone was saying that they are borrowing the ship from a recent production of The King and I at the Vivian Beaumont Theatre in New York City.

"

I'll forgive this because it played london after, but I think most people wouldn't consider a 2015 revival "recent". But you're right, that's the last time it was on broadway...

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#15Titanic at City Center
Posted: 6/9/24 at 9:08am

rg7759 said: "UWS10023 said: "Someone was saying that they are borrowing the ship from a recent production of The King and I at the Vivian Beaumont Theatre in New York City.

"

I'll forgive this because it played london after, but I think most people wouldn't consider a 2015 revival "recent". But you're right, that's the last time it was on broadway...
"

Might be just me but I would consider 2015 to be recent for a revival.

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#16Titanic at City Center
Posted: 6/9/24 at 10:33am

rg7759 said: "UWS10023 said: "Someone was saying that they are borrowing the ship from a recent production of The King and I at the Vivian Beaumont Theatre in New York City.

"

"

I think most people would think you're wrong about that assessment 

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#17Titanic at City Center
Posted: 6/9/24 at 11:09am

I know they added Tues - June 11 show to offset the Sun night for the Tony Awards. Is the invited dress rehearsal taking place on Monday?

Ensemble1686998462
#18Titanic at City Center
Posted: 6/10/24 at 2:34pm

I've never been to City Center before so I'm not sure how big it is or anything and I know pictures can be deceiving. Are there any seat areas to avoid? Would you be able to see anything even near the back? Do they have a "stage door" area? 

chrishuyen
#19Titanic at City Center
Posted: 6/10/24 at 2:40pm

I try to avoid the balcony, but up to row D is still an okay view.  Any further and you feel miles away.  The seating area can also be fairly wide, so depending on how they stage things you might miss some stuff on the sides.  

For stage door, it's on 56th Street (main entrance is 55th Street) where there's a couple steps leading up to the door and a bunch of City Center posters (I think they usually have barricades set up too). If you exit house right and turn left (which is the opposite way of the main entrance) you should reach a door that'll lead you to a loading doc and you can loop around there to the stage door.  There's also a public access corridor next to the entrance that you can use to cut over--if you turn right (towards Broadway) on your way out you'll see it.

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#20Titanic at City Center
Posted: 6/10/24 at 3:11pm

Ensemble1686998462 said: "I've never been to City Center before so I'm not sure how big it is or anything and I know pictures can be deceiving. Are there any seat areas to avoid? Would you be able to see anything even near the back? Do they have a "stage door" area?"

The rear Mezz feels incredibly far away - the front of the Balcony is a much better choice.

Ensemble1686998462
#21Titanic at City Center
Posted: 6/10/24 at 3:37pm

FANtomFollies said: "Ensemble1686998462 said: "I've never been to City Center before so I'm not sure how big it is or anything and I know pictures can be deceiving. Are there any seat areas to avoid? Would you be able to see anything even near the back? Do they have a "stage door" area?"

The rear Mezz feels incredibly far away - the front of the Balcony is a much better choice.
"

Perfect! Thank you 

starlightlocamotion
#22Titanic at City Center
Posted: 6/10/24 at 11:32pm

Hearing nothing but glowing reviews out of tonights invited dress!! Hope this is able to transfer.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#23Titanic at City Center
Posted: 6/11/24 at 12:23am

City Center already tentatively has another transfer coming later this year and one more next year. If we do get a revival of Titanic, even though it’s been done without a “ship” in many productions, I hope they can bring that back and make it a big production like the original. 

But I can’t wait to see this one this week. 

Updated On: 6/11/24 at 12:23 AM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#24Titanic at City Center
Posted: 6/11/24 at 1:43am

Ensemble1686998462 said: "I've never been to City Center before so I'm not sure how big it is or anything and I know pictures can be deceiving. Are there any seat areas to avoid? Would you be able to see anything even near the back? Do they have a "stage door" area?"

I have sat in the balcony three times within the first 10 rows and didn't mind it. The last two times I was there I decided to sit in the Mezz. For the National Ballet of Canada I sat in F-128 and for The Light In The Piazza I sat in E-1. Both seats had perfect views.

Just give the world Love.

inception Profile Photo
inception
#25Titanic at City Center
Posted: 6/11/24 at 8:31am

Ensemble has likely bought tickets already, but I just want to second the earlier comments about avoiding the rear mezz past row G.  I sat there one year for an Alvin Ailey dance performance and it is very far back.  Side mezz seats are usually priced the same, and for Encores they are good seats.

uncageg said: "Ensemble1686998462 said: "I've never been to City Center before so I'm not sure how big it is or anything and I know pictures can be deceiving. Are there any seat areas to avoid? Would you be able to see anything even near the back? Do they have a "stage door" area?"

I have sat in the balcony three times within the first 10 rows and didn't mind it. The last two times I was there I decided to sit in the Mezz. For the National Ballet of Canada I sat in F-128 and for The Light In The Piazza I sat in E-1. Both seats had perfect views.

"

Latest Posts

Videos