pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#1Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
Posted: 6/25/24 at 1:19pm

Click below to access all the Broadway grosses from all the shows for the week ending 6/23/2024 in BroadwayWorld's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

Click Here to Visit the Broadway Grosses...

Up for the week by attendance (% of capacity) was: PATRIOTS (18.7%), THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL (16.9%), A BEAUTIFUL NOISE, THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL (14.2%), HOME (12.9%), & JULIET (6.7%), THE BOOK OF MORMON (6.6%), THE GREAT GATSBY (6.5%), MARY JANE (5.8%), THE WHO'S TOMMY (5.7%), THE NOTEBOOK (5%), ILLINOISE (4.2%), SUFFS (3.8%), BACK TO THE FUTURE: THE MUSICAL (3.5%), MJ THE MUSICAL (3.4%), MOULIN ROUGE! THE MUSICAL (2.7%), WATER FOR ELEPHANTS (1.9%), THE LION KING (1.1%), SIX (1%), HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD (0.9%), THE WIZ (0.9%), HAMILTON (0.6%), HELL'S KITCHEN (0.4%), HADESTOWN (0.3%),

Down for the week by attendance (% of capacity) was: APPROPRIATE (-12.2%), CHICAGO (-2.5%), ALADDIN (-0.5%), THE OUTSIDERS (-0.3%), CABARET AT THE KIT KAT CLUB (-0.2%), STEREOPHONIC (-0.2%),

Click Here to Visit the BroadwayWorld Grosses...

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
Posted: 6/25/24 at 1:24pm

17 of 31 productions grossed over 1mil.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 6/25/24 at 01:24 PM

ddenoff2 Profile Photo
ddenoff2
#3Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
Posted: 6/25/24 at 1:25pm

Thrilled to see Sterephonic join the Million Dollar Club and other shows performing strongly as well.  Congrats everyone.

hearthemsing22
#4Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
Posted: 6/25/24 at 1:25pm

I think all things considered this was a great post-Tony's week! Anyone think any show is in danger?

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#5Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
Posted: 6/25/24 at 1:27pm

The great Gatsby’s goin strong.  They’ll be on broadway for years, the other Gatsby doesn’t stand a chance. Suckers

JoeW4 Profile Photo
JoeW4
#6Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
Posted: 6/25/24 at 1:27pm

Kad said: "17 of 31 productions grossed over 1mil."

I count 18!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#7Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
Posted: 6/25/24 at 1:28pm

hearthemsing22 said: "I think all things considered this was a great post-Tony's week! Anyone think any show is in danger?"

Although not in immediate danger, The Notebook seems poised to be the next one to go.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

PrinceAli Profile Photo
PrinceAli
#8Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
Posted: 6/25/24 at 1:30pm

Where is Wicked?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#9Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
Posted: 6/25/24 at 1:30pm

All the “the Tonys don’t make much of a difference” defenders are eating their hats this week, me included.

I never expected to see Stereophonic cross a million in their Broadway run. Good for them. 

Notebook, Tommy, and Suffs are good as gone by Labor Day at the latest. 

Oh look, a bibu!

JoeW4 Profile Photo
JoeW4
#10Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
Posted: 6/25/24 at 1:34pm

PrinceAli said: "Where is Wicked?"

Good catch! Looks like it's missing from BWW's grosses, but it's on the League's site:

They grossed $2,222,692 -- bringing the million club tally to 19 out of 32

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#11Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
Posted: 6/25/24 at 1:35pm

Broadway Flash said: "The great Gatsby’s goin strong. They’ll be on broadway for years, the other Gatsby doesn’t stand a chance. Suckers"

Just like you were so sure BTTF was going to get all the noms and wins?   

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

bigbelterbaby
#12Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
Posted: 6/25/24 at 1:36pm

The Notebook is only selling tickets til November, it’s the only show that hasn’t extended its ticket block to 2025. 

Hesione Hushabye thinks it tastes like ashes.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#13Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
Posted: 6/25/24 at 1:39pm

3 shows from the 2023-24 season in the top 5! that's a great thing.

willep
#14Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
Posted: 6/25/24 at 1:40pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "All the “the Tonys don’t make much of a difference” defenders are eating their hats this week, me included.

I never expected to see Stereophonic cross a million in their Broadway run. Good for them.

"

lol Suffs has been steadily growing week to week, I see no reason to believe it will be gone by Labor Day. I have no doubt it’ll run through the end of the year at the very least. Especially it being an election year.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#15Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
Posted: 6/25/24 at 1:40pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Notebook, Tommy, and Suffs are good as gone by Labor Day at the latest."

A show that had it's best week ever, has shown a clear positive grosses trend, and just won two major Tonys is definitely in the same category as two shows that made $200 thousand less than it and have both floundered for months. Can't wait for you to be proven wrong yet again!

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#16Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
Posted: 6/25/24 at 1:42pm

Broadway Flash said: "The great Gatsby’s goin strong. They’ll be on broadway for years, the other Gatsby doesn’t stand a chance. Suckers"

No it won't and you sound like a petulant child.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#17Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
Posted: 6/25/24 at 1:49pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "All the “the Tonys don’t make much of a difference” defenders are eating their hats this week, me included.

"

Keep in mind OUTSIDERS and STEREO had 7-show weeks the week prior. But still, nobody can be mad about those numbers! Let's see if they can be sustained. The benefit of being a big Tony winner that opens in the spring as your WOM is cresting around the Tonys (Stereo, Outsiders, etc) and leading into the busy summertime.

Amazed that Merrily managed to have a boost, I didn't think there was inventory to move! Would love to see it end its run at #1, but that might be a stretch.

chrishuyen
#18Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
Posted: 6/25/24 at 1:56pm

When was the last time a play did this well without stars or being based on a big name IP?  So thrilled for Stereophonic!

Should also note that the Juneteenth holiday probably helped bring more people in (especially since it fell on a Wednesday and a lot of shows had two shows that day, so more people were probably able to see a matinee).

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#19Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
Posted: 6/25/24 at 1:58pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "All the “the Tonys don’t make much of a difference” defenders are eating their hats this week, me included.

"

Keep in mind OUTSIDERS andSTEREO had 7-show weeks the week prior. But still, nobody can be mad about those numbers! Let's see if they can be sustained.The benefit of being a big Tony winner that opens in the spring as your WOM is cresting around the Tonys (Stereo, Outsiders, etc) and leading into the busy summertime.

Even if it's only low inventory they are selling the price of tickets for seats left through the Merrily website are now up to $999.00. Do they allow resale tickets on their site or is this legit?

https://www.thehudsonbroadway.com/events/merrily-we-roll-along/tickets/9C62A9DA-8DEA-4761-A968-9027237A127C

Amazed that Merrily managed to have a boost, I didn't think there was inventory to move! Would love to see it end its run at #1, but that might be a stretch."

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#20Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
Posted: 6/25/24 at 2:03pm

chrishuyen said: "When was the last time a play did this well without stars or being based on a big name IP? So thrilled for Stereophonic!"

• LEOPOLDSTADT (did not announce recoupment but probably got close)
  • THE FERRYMAN (recouped)
  • THE HUMANS ran close to a year, made a profit, toured, and got adapted into a great film
  • CURIOUS INCIDENT ran 2 years (I would not call this book "IP" though the physical production resembled a musical)
  • WAR HORSE (I would not call this book "IP" though the physical production resembled a musical)
  • AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY ran more than a year, made a profit, toured, and got adapted into a bad film
  • DOUBT (its numbers were never this high but it did run 16 months)

These hits are incredibly rare but let's not count our chickens –– they still have 6 more months of a run to sell.

Updated On: 6/25/24 at 02:03 PM

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#21Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
Posted: 6/25/24 at 2:09pm

Huss417 said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "All the “the Tonys don’t make much of a difference” defenders are eating their hats this week, me included.

"

Keep in mind OUTSIDERS andSTEREO had 7-show weeks the week prior. But still, nobody can be mad about those numbers! Let's see if they can be sustained.The benefit of being a big Tony winner that opens in the spring as your WOM is cresting around the Tonys (Stereo, Outsiders, etc) and leading into the busy summertime.

Even if it's only low inventory they are selling the price of tickets for seats left through the Merrily website are now up to $999.00. Do they allow resale tickets on their site or is this legit?

https://www.thehudsonbroadway.com/events/merrily-we-roll-along/tickets/9C62A9DA-8DEA-4761-A968-9027237A127C

Amazed that Merrily managed to have a boost, I didn't think there was inventory to move! Would love to see it end its run at #1, but that might be a stretch."

"

Wow one would think those $999 are center orchestra seats but I see them for side mezzanine.

these are legit. The Hudson site practices dynamic pricing.

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#22Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
Posted: 6/25/24 at 2:12pm

"

Like others have pointed out, I would not include Suffs in that list. It's trending in the right direction right now. I don't think it has a very long run it it but I feel like it has a good shot to run through the election until January. I do agree Notebook and Tommy will be closed by Labor Day.

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#23Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
Posted: 6/25/24 at 2:19pm

I don’t think the fall is as bad as people think.  And then the holidays are right around the corner

Bobster159
#24Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
Posted: 6/25/24 at 2:23pm

Who knows what the future holds, but the underlying costs matter as much as the grosses. Based on what's been published, Suffs likely made a larger profit this week than Water for Elephants, Back to the Future, and Moulin Rouge. This is also why Tommy is in even bigger trouble than Notebook: It costs more to run. It's also why I worry for Elephants come the fall, they've got very little downward room before they hemorrhage money despite looking healthy at the moment.

chrishuyen
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/23/24
Posted: 6/25/24 at 2:24pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "chrishuyen said: "When was the last time a play did this well without stars or being based on a big name IP? So thrilled for Stereophonic!"

• LEOPOLDSTADT (did not announce recoupment but probably got close)
  • THE FERRYMAN (recouped)
  • THE HUMANS ran close to a year,made a profit, toured, and got adapted into a great film
  • CURIOUS INCIDENT ran 2 years(I would not call this book "IP" though the physical production resembled a musical)
  • WAR HORSE(I would not call this book "IP" though the physical production resembleda musical)
  • AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTYran more than a year,made a profit, toured, and got adapted into a bad film
  • DOUBT (its numbers were neverthishigh but it did run 16 months)

These hits are incredibly rare but let's not count our chickens –– they still have 6 more months of a run to sell."

I was thinking more of plays that have done over $1 million in a week, but this is a good list!  I didn't realize Leopoldstadt/Ferryman had sold so well (in terms of per week grosses) but plays have always been more on my periphery.  

Videos