HELP!!

BroadwayhereIcome2
#0HELP!!
Posted: 1/25/05 at 10:07pm

I am very intrested in a career as a playwrite/film-maker, and I have an idea for a movie/play and I am very embarassed to tell anyone,because the concept is pretty over-the-top, and I think it may offend, and just sound stupid.Well, my idea for the play/movie is called, and I warn ''HITLER THE MUSICAL'' Its a pretty complex story. It starts off, and you may want to grab a history book, in the World War 2 era.Now as we all know wwII ended in 1945, but in my play/movie it really ends in 1955, due to Japans 10 years of refusal to surrender;thus draining the worlds economy, and killing millions.Now after the war finally concludes in 1955, the world is in a huge depression, sickness,famine,and poverty spreads globaly.And with this happening so many people are dead that noone remembers WW2 even happened(the war survivors are gone) So years pass and things slowly improve, Germany is getting better also.Now this is where the story comes alive. A war survivor(the only war survivor) Edward VanZankle who is a German,a loner, and a closeted Nazi lover.He lives in secretcy, he privately holds a Hitler shrine, and is brewing with the memory of the down fall of his leader. So meanwhile in Germany still, the people are planning to appoint a leader.Now many people are trying to be the leader its like an election is taken place, so when Edward Vanzakle hears of this his eyes light up, and he decides to don a Hitler uniform,and literally be Hitler, since no-one but him remembers the first Hitler. So he is automatically loved and becomes fuher.''Hitler'' has taken aspect of the first Hitler and is using it to his advantage.He even takes Hitlers love life.By falling in love with a young lounge singer named Helda Stonunt, who at first is not attracted to him in the slightest but falls for him, and he convinces to change her name to Eva Braun.Now all this Hitler posing sound leads to his dimise, with his revival of the Nazis, which fails due to their clumsyness, and lazyness. And with his final solution which the country frowns on. So thats a watered down version of my musical.Now I created this story from a dream I had, I think its unique I mean, a musical about a Hitler inpersonator?Opinons, and advice NEEDED.
PS. sorry for the type-os I didnt feel like editing.

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#1re: HELP!!
Posted: 1/25/05 at 10:14pm

Well, it's definitely an interesting idea. Just don't calle it HITLER THE MUSICAL. Most definitely call it something else. Something that doesn't have "the musical" in it would be best. It's not really becoming of a drama like this. I think the main thing is to figure out themes in your story so that it's not just a flat plot. And don't bog us down in too much plot, that's a downfall of lots of great musical dramas. Best of luck!

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#2re: HELP!!
Posted: 1/25/05 at 11:17pm

You might want to consider copyrighting this before posting it on public message boards...

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#3re: HELP!!
Posted: 1/25/05 at 11:46pm

You can call it "Springtime for Hitler" *rolls eyes*

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!
Updated On: 1/25/05 at 11:46 PM

MargoChanning
#4re: HELP!!
Posted: 1/25/05 at 11:52pm

I'm speechless. And I wouldn't worry about copyrighting it.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#5re: HELP!!
Posted: 1/25/05 at 11:55pm

I kinda skimmed it, but did I read something about Eva Peron in there?
Because THAT would be funny, in an extremely insulting way.

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
Updated On: 1/25/05 at 11:55 PM

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#6re: HELP!!
Posted: 1/25/05 at 11:59pm

I skimmed it too... But going back, I didn't see anything about Eva Peron.
I wish I did. I can see the duets now.

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

CurtainUp2 Profile Photo
CurtainUp2
#7re: HELP!!
Posted: 1/25/05 at 11:59pm

re: HELP!!

There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered. - Nelson Mandela

leomaxfrank Profile Photo
leomaxfrank
#8re: HELP!!
Posted: 1/26/05 at 12:02am

Eva Braun my dear, not Peron.

oh but only...

But I won't live alone in a house of regret.

MargoChanning
#9re: HELP!!
Posted: 1/26/05 at 12:09am

"Now as we all know wwII ended in 1945, but in my play/movie it really ends in 1955, due to Japans 10 years of refusal to surrender;thus draining the worlds economy, and killing millions."

Maybe you missed it in school, but there were a couple of little things called atomic bombs ..... they got dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Japan couldn't have REFUSED to surrender ..... they were utterly decimated and very willingly surrended. Had they not, the rest of the country would have been destroyed within weeks (the US had more bombs ready to go). And as for Germany, they were overrun, their leaders executed and their army had no will to continue.

Your premise makes no sense (and is more than a little offensive in spots). The war ended in 1945, not because Japan and Germany WANTED to give up ..... they had no choice and nothing left to fight with. And as for the German people forgetting Hitler and WWII and an imposter taking his place.... ...... well, please PLEASE read a few more books on the the period (there are THOUSANDS) -- that would/could NEVER EVER EVER happen.

Satire (if that's what you're trying to do) must be based in truth and plausibility in order to work. Your idea needs A LOT more research.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney
Updated On: 1/26/05 at 12:09 AM

StickToPriest
#10re: HELP!!
Posted: 1/26/05 at 12:14am

Now I created this story from a dream I had

No offense meant in any way.
But what are you on?
Those are some dreams.

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#11re: HELP!!
Posted: 1/26/05 at 12:35am

I think this is too complicated. You're giving audiences too much credit. We're stoopid, man.

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

VeuveClicquot Profile Photo
VeuveClicquot
#12re: HELP!!
Posted: 1/26/05 at 2:42am

Good grief.

#13re: HELP!!
Posted: 1/26/05 at 3:02am

I'm going to choose to view this as a joke.

centerstage
#14re: HELP!!
Posted: 1/26/05 at 10:31am

I feel like theres not really a central theme, and its all plot, which gets very boring very quickly.

HITLER THE MUSICAL? nope thats probably NOT the best way to get people to see this.

I do kinda feel that audiences will be very very confused, with the war ending in 1955 and with there being NO ONE who remembers the war. I mean, after almost 60 years we all still remember the war, and the last i checked, WWII survivors were dying at and increased rate(not to make it sound inconsiquential, that was just the headline on the newspaper, it is indeed very sad that we are losing an entire generation and a living history book chapter)

I think that you know your facts about WWII, yet you are taking creative lisence into a whole other dimension, i dont think that you can pull something this creative and abstract off with an actual historical event.

"Past the point of no return, no backward glances: our games of make-believe are at an end" Phantom

TxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
#15re: HELP!!
Posted: 1/26/05 at 10:38am

if you end up pitching it, you might want to spell "playwright" in the more conventional manner.

Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."

BroadwayhereIcome2
#16re: HELP!!
Posted: 1/26/05 at 1:28pm

Well, thanks for your honest responses.I think i'll keep the title the same, because using ''Springtime for Hitler'' might get me into some legal issues. Oh and I am currently in highschool still,senior.So I take history class, and found out that when Japan was hit with the atomic bomb the first time they didnt surrender, when they were hit for a second time, most Japanese didnt want to surrender but they finally did. Besides its an imaginary story, dont take it so literally. Oh and its not Eva Perone(shes Argentinan) its Eva Braun, Hitlers girlfriend, the one who committed suicide with him,that lady.

buddhaismymom Profile Photo
buddhaismymom
#17re: HELP!!
Posted: 1/26/05 at 1:31pm

"Had they not, the rest of the country would have been destroyed within weeks (the US had more bombs ready to go)."

actually we only had 3 atomic bombs. so we couldnt have used more until we made more. which i guess would have happened if japan didnt surrender...but well they did. anyway..um i think that rewriting history is a little bit ridiculous...there are so many good stories from actual history that you probably dont need to create an alternate one.

"we're actors- we're the opposite of people" -Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

BroadwayhereIcome2
#18re: HELP!!
Posted: 1/26/05 at 2:04pm

Well, theres plenty comedy.Just wait, a few more years and Ill have it all worked out. It will be something to see, belive me.Its not confusing, whats so hard to understand about a play/musical where wwII ends in 1955 and people just forget becuase nothing was passed down, and all the records were destroyed. And theres one survivor of the war era who idolizes over Hitler and wants his legacey to live on in him. Oh and I admit in my dream all I saw was a Hitler looking man singing opera he sanged these words ''LOOK AT MY HANDS, LOOK AT MY SOUL'' it was wierd and he was clearly about to hang his self in front of millions and they just heckled him. and he hung his self, then 5 seconds later he got down and started shaking peoples hands and was like ''Cut camera'' and it was a comedy. Just my imagination.

StickToPriest
#19re: HELP!!
Posted: 1/26/05 at 3:16pm

"he sanged these words"

Um. I hope this is a joke.
Good luck with this. re: HELP!!

oxdreaminxo Profile Photo
oxdreaminxo
#20re: HELP!!
Posted: 1/26/05 at 6:49pm

Well...Hitler The Musical isn't something people might want to see. And this is just my opinion. But the concept of a second Hitler, or a singing one, is a scary idea. And how does Hitler sing *ok, the characters or w/e*? How would music be incorperated? My opinion only...but good luck with whatever you do!

A most ingenious paradox.

BroadwayhereIcome2
#21re: HELP!!
Posted: 1/26/05 at 7:23pm

You know what just forget it, thats why I knew I shoudve just kept the idea to myself instead of trusting some strangers that I thought I could relate to, to give me a little more support then just some insults, and a few laughs. But its o.k I wont stop working on my play I just wont talk to, you guys about it.

But I am currently working on another play that I want you guy's opinion on. Its called ''The Nine''.

CatieElphie1 Profile Photo
CatieElphie1
#22re: HELP!!
Posted: 1/26/05 at 9:12pm

I think that you should pursue your dreams...but I have an idea...maybe ther oculd be these two producers, who, like, need to put on a flop to raise some quick cash....

Was that a fat joke?

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#23re: HELP!!
Posted: 1/26/05 at 9:18pm

is "The Nine" about a 39 year old Italian guy having a mid-life crises at a spa?

LittleBitRacist Profile Photo
LittleBitRacist
#24re: HELP!!
Posted: 1/26/05 at 9:43pm

"is "The Nine" about a 39 year old Italian guy having a mid-life crises at a spa? "

haha. I think BroadwayHereICome took everyones comments a little personally. but i did like how he was like "fine i just want talk to you because i thuoght u would relate to me and support me but u wont. but now i want u to see what you think of The Nine."

Videos