pixeltracker

Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....

Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....

MTRBOI24
#0Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....
Posted: 5/12/05 at 6:15pm

YOU DONT RECOGNIZE THEM UNTIL A FEW DAYS LATER?!?! I was at the cast party for Chicago the tour. And I kept looking at this lady who looked so familiar and I JUST realized it was PRISCILLA LOPEZ!!!! I cant believe I didnt say anything!

Elizabeth_DeBris
#1re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....
Posted: 5/12/05 at 8:27pm

We don't have stars in suburbia. If you're lucky, you might catch that senile elderly gentleman who wears costumes and salutes people at the intersection by the deli, but that's about it, and there's no mistaking him, once you've seen him.

Actually, I did do something sort of like that when my family made one of our infrequent endeavors into NYC- only it was in Shubert Alley, and I realized it about a second after the actor had passed me. That hurt, but it was Hank Azaria, so I met him after the show, anyway.
Updated On: 5/12/05 at 08:27 PM

Yankeefan007
#2re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....
Posted: 5/12/05 at 8:35pm

i was with friends in Central Park and Al Pacino sat next to me....i was the only one who recognized him, and got his autograph...on a wicked playbill

Glebb Profile Photo
Glebb
#3re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....
Posted: 5/12/05 at 8:38pm

<----- Happens to me all the time.

" ...the happiness in the tune convinces me that I'm not afraid."

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#4re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....
Posted: 5/12/05 at 8:38pm

What the hell were you expecting at a party for the SHOW Chicago!?

stylinbohemian
#5re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....
Posted: 5/12/05 at 9:14pm

I walked right by Idina Menzel by the stage door of Wicked before a show and didnt realize it was her at all, until moments later when the man at the stage door informed me of my stupid mistake!

"If There's One Thing to Learn it's You Just Can't Go Wrong If You Follow Your Heart, and End With A Song"

broadwayguy2
#6re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....
Posted: 5/12/05 at 9:17pm

It is a human being. what does it matter?

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#7re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....
Posted: 5/12/05 at 9:22pm

when i was at the millie liz mccartny(sp?) who played miss flannery walked straight past me and it didn't click until ah hour later she was in the show, then i felt bad for not getting her to sign.

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#8re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:16pm

wasn't a broadway star but I was in the car on the way to a singing lesson and I saw Dominic Monaghan in the car next to me driving from the ABC/disney studio lots and I didn't realize it until my lesson was almost over. I was listening to some CR in the car and kept glancing over at the guy going "wow, he looks really familiar for some reason....." :-P My idiocy amazes even me...(huge LotR fan is why.)

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

Glebb Profile Photo
Glebb
#9re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:20pm

Last summer I was being taken backstage to meet Patti LuPone after STPWG. Paul Geminiani was coming down the stairs (backstage at Ravinia) and I thought it was he, but I had not arrived in time to read the program so I was not sure. I read the program when I got home and it was indeed Paul Geminiani. Wish I had gone with my instincts and said hello. I would have met him.

" ...the happiness in the tune convinces me that I'm not afraid."

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#10re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:21pm

DREAMCATCHER!! How could you?!? I was planning on camping outside of his house during the summer, but those plans were shot. Anyway, I'm just kidding re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and..... I'm a big LOTR fan too!

After the first time I saw Aida, I remember getting Adam Pascal's autograph and a picture with him, and then after he was finished with everybody... he was just walking in the streets. I was amazed that broadway stars walked so nonchalantly in NYC! I know that they are normal people, but honestly...

~kangaroo re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

MTRBOI24
#11re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:27pm

It's a human being, of course. But I was stating the fact that i didn't recognize who she was, after reading about her, and listening to her on recordings and watching her in movies. That's all. I do know shes human, thanks for makin sure I didn't forget.

Up In Won
#12re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:50pm

I hate it when someone tries to point out a 'star' and i can't see them. Forget recognzing 'em, I'd be happy with being able to see them.

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.

magic8ball Profile Photo
magic8ball
#13re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....
Posted: 5/13/05 at 1:50am

"It is a human being."

Does anyone else recognize the irony in this statement?

"Goodness is rewarded. Hope is guaranteed. Laughter builds strong bones. Right will intercede. Things you've said I often find I need, indeed. I see the world through your eyes. What's black and white is colorized. The knowledge you most dearly prized I'm eager to employ. You said that life has infinite joys."

habbott
#14re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....
Posted: 5/13/05 at 2:45am

i was going to reply with
"and it's really an airplane?"

yeah. but those other types of stars.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#15re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....
Posted: 5/13/05 at 3:03am

Well, this isn't really the same thing, but...

Yesterday I was walking with a friend and I saw this ghastly looking woman on the next street corner, so I said "Look, it's Star Jones!" And we crossed the street and it WAS Star Jones. I couldn't stop laughing.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#16re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....
Posted: 5/13/05 at 3:55am

One of my Favorite all time movies is Girlstown, and in Girlstown there is an actress who I like, named Aunjenue Ellis, who I've also seen in Shakespeare in the Park's The Tempest, as well as the tv show High Incident. Very pleasant to watch.
One day, when I was an extra for the film Disappearing Acts starring Sanaa Lathan and Wesley Snipes, We were eating lunch, at the table across from me was Sanaa (Who I wasn't familiar with at the time), sitting with two girls. One of them looked VERY familiar, yet I could not, for the life of me, place her. She kept looking at me, and I felt bad, because I would catch myself staring from time to time.
Well, it turns out, it was Aunjenue, and I regret not knowing that then, as I would have complimented her on her work.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#17re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....
Posted: 5/13/05 at 4:43am

I once saw Hayley Mills on a plane and it didn't occur to me that it was her until a few hours later. And I was obsessed with her work when I was little, so I was so mad at myself afterwards.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#18re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....
Posted: 5/13/05 at 8:57am

Actually, fun story:

Where I live, the director of movies like "The Perfect storm" lives like 4 minutes away (big ass house!!!!) and he was having a wedding, maybe for his daughter I don't really know, but I was driving in the car with my friend and her mom and her mom points and goes "JULIA ROBERTS!!!" and I'm thinking "yeah...no"

but it really was her

it was AWSOME

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

OnTheAisle Profile Photo
OnTheAisle
#19re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....
Posted: 5/13/05 at 9:06am

years ago, I was in Boston at the same time that "Grand Hotel" was playing... it was late at night, and I stood right next to Tommy Tune (hard to mistake TT!) I KNEW he was Tommy Tune, and I kept saying to myself "say something, say something" - nothing... he walked away...

Luckily, two days later - same area - same time - same Tommy - this time I said something stunning like "Hi" - but at least I said something!

"Not a day goes by..."

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#20re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....
Posted: 5/13/05 at 9:55am

The film, "Regarding Henry" was filmed in my office in the early 90s. I rode up in the elevator with Harrison Ford and I kept on looking at him because he looked so familiar. He was dressed up in a suit and tie, so I really didn't recognize him. I thought he was a new attorney. In retrospect it was kind of funny since we were the only ones in the elevator and the expression on his face was, "I hope this guy doesn't recognize me!!"

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

mikewood
#21re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....
Posted: 5/13/05 at 10:00am

I had a bizarre encounter once in the bathroom at Cabaret at Studio 54. I'm washing my hands and this dude is just staring at me. He's wearing a trench coat, sunglasses, scraggily beard and a scowl. I think about asking what his problem is but decide it's not worth the effort. As I leave I look and back and realize... the guy was Eric Stolz! WTF!

I know it's no big deal because they are just people but still it's kind of cool seing actors and famous people outside the usual context.

My favorite celeb meetings in and about Broadway

Kate Levering, Christine Ebersole, Pat Cassidy, Tim Curry, Phil Donohue, Mario Cuomo and ...my all time favorite celeb encounter....Stone Cold Steve Austin.

BLAH BLAH BLAH
Updated On: 5/13/05 at 10:00 AM

midtowngym Profile Photo
midtowngym
#22re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....
Posted: 5/13/05 at 10:47am

A couple of broadway stars go to my gym (in the theater district), and i get weak in the knees every time they pass, all sweaty and out of breath. I once screeched to an employee at the front desk "do you KNOW who that is?" and they just shrugged and said "yup." Certainly no broadway fan!

'The Devil be hitting me!'--Whitney Houston
Updated On: 5/13/05 at 10:47 AM

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#23re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....
Posted: 5/13/05 at 11:12am

Years ago I was leaving work, a job I hated...especially that day, in a very bad mood...was walking fast down 5th in the teens and was turning west to go home and walked right into my hero, Stephen Sondheim! I definitely scared him with my expression, and I couldnt speak...he kind of hurried away, probably thinking I was a stalker...I didnt care tho and it definitely lightened my mood...

Seen alot of celebs in NYC, but that was the only starstruck moment I've had.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

grizzabella
#24re: Don't you hate it when you see a star and.....
Posted: 5/13/05 at 1:01pm

This happened about 20 years ago, but I was getting off a plane in Bermuda, and a tiny, frail, elderly woman was just coming out of First Class. She was right in front of me. She looked very familiar and I thought that she looked a lot like Bette Davis, but I didn't want to approach her; she really looked fragile and was traveling with a companion.
I was reading the paper the next day and there was a little article that Bette Davis had just arrived in Hamilton.

"And the postman sighed as he scratched his head, you really rather thought she ought to be dead..."

Videos