Did anyone cry at this song?

Broadwaygirl22 Profile Photo
Broadwaygirl22
#0Did anyone cry at this song?
Posted: 6/16/05 at 5:06pm

Has anyone cried listening to the song "There's a Fine, Fine Line" from Avenue Q? I did because I can kind of relate to it. I want to know your opinions on the song or the show in general. I might see it next year if my chorus director chooses it as a show to see.

"The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation."

Act4ever Profile Photo
Act4ever
#1re: Did anyone cry at this song?
Posted: 6/16/05 at 5:37pm

I can't say I personally have. I would be really suprised if a director took their students to this show, because it is SO inapropriate. (I would probably feel uncomfortable watching it with a teacher! lol)

Beergoggles
#2re: Did anyone cry at this song?
Posted: 6/16/05 at 5:40pm

Haven't cried no... but it is a very emotional song!

Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#3re: Did anyone cry at this song?
Posted: 6/16/05 at 5:41pm

It has made me cry more than once.

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#4re: Did anyone cry at this song?
Posted: 6/16/05 at 5:43pm

I teared up in the theatre during that song. The segway scene really starts it all off.

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

CJR
#5re: Did anyone cry at this song?
Posted: 6/16/05 at 6:29pm

I definitely did...... but it probably had something to do with the very messy breakup I was in the middle of at the time.

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

AnotherDay46 Profile Photo
AnotherDay46
#6re: Did anyone cry at this song?
Posted: 6/16/05 at 6:33pm

I've cried many many times while listening to that song. It's so sad... and so good... ;_;

stagestar130 Profile Photo
stagestar130
#7re: Did anyone cry at this song?
Posted: 6/16/05 at 6:34pm

omg yes! I like died... if only they would have put in a flying scene and it would have been just like defying gravity and I would have cried even more!

CostumeMistress Profile Photo
CostumeMistress
#8.
Posted: 6/16/05 at 6:41pm

Avatar - Isaac, my blue-fronted Amazon parrot. Adopted 9/7/07. Age 30 (my pet is older than me!)
Updated On: 2/7/06 at 06:41 PM

iheartmark
#9re: Did anyone cry at this song?
Posted: 6/16/05 at 8:39pm

Yup I cried.

"Kali, why is Roger on a cliff?" "Because the cliff is love, Rachel." "Oh."

Madame X2 Profile Photo
Madame X2
#10re: Did anyone cry at this song?
Posted: 6/16/05 at 8:49pm

This is one of my all time favourite songs.
The first time I heard it was on Accuradio and I can relate to every single line in that song. It just hit so close to home. I cried and cried, then bought the cd and sheet music, worked on it for 7 months with my vocal coach and sang it for a recital. I hoped it would provide some sort of relief from the situation and bring some closure, especially since the person it was geared to was right in front of me, but it didn't. The song though, gah, it gets me every time.

"I guess if someone doesn't love you back, it isn't such a crime, but there's a fine, fine line between love and a waste of time."

BroomstickBoy Profile Photo
BroomstickBoy
#11re: Did anyone cry at this song?
Posted: 6/16/05 at 9:05pm

I have yet to cry while listening to this song, but it does hit pretty hard, being one of those songs that, slightly unbeknownest to me, predicts what's to come in my life at the moment. Recently a guy I was dating was driving me home from Athens, Ga, where I spent the night at his dorm room and we were listening to Avenue Q on his Ipod. Now before I went to stay with him we had been getting to know each other and it seemed so right for us to get involved in a relationship because we had so much in common and it was one of those things where you think you just KNOW it'll happen. But when it got to this song, I got the sickening feeling that had bothered me all morning again and I thought "oh ****, why do I get the feeling I'll cross the line over to the waste of time part" and surely, when we pulled into my driveway , he said "I don't deserve you right now, I thought I could do a relationship but I can't. I really really like you, blah blah blah" so yeah, instead of love I got the waste of time.

so now conversation is quite lifeless and drab between the two of us so I closed the door and stopped trying.

so there's my story :-p.

I don't WANT to live in what they call "a certain way." In the first place I'd be no good at it and besides that I don't want to be identified with any one class of people. I want to live every whichway, among all kinds---and know them---and understand them---and love them---THAT's what I want! - Philip Barry (Holiday)

Eliza0114
#12re: Did anyone cry at this song?
Posted: 6/16/05 at 9:06pm

I definitely got a little misty eyed the first time I heard it, and also the two times I've seen it. Stephanie is effing amazing.

"you can take the girl out of Hicksville, but you can't take the Hicksville out of the girl." ~Rent

Up In Lost
#13re: Did anyone cry at this song?
Posted: 6/16/05 at 9:45pm

You know what song made me kind of get choked up? Don't laugh... Let Me Walk Among You from Bat Boy. Rofl.

Well, I'm glad he got away with it.

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#14re: Did anyone cry at this song?
Posted: 6/16/05 at 9:56pm

I've cried
I've also cried during "I Wish I Could Go Back to College" too

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#15re: Did anyone cry at this song?
Posted: 6/16/05 at 9:58pm

Go listen to "You Walk With Me" from TFM - love that song!

stylinbohemian
#16re: Did anyone cry at this song?
Posted: 6/16/05 at 10:03pm

no but im always on the verge of tears

"If There's One Thing to Learn it's You Just Can't Go Wrong If You Follow Your Heart, and End With A Song"

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#17re: Did anyone cry at this song?
Posted: 6/16/05 at 10:15pm

yes!

#18re: Did anyone cry at this song?
Posted: 6/16/05 at 10:18pm

How on EARTH has Corine missed this thread? I won't speak for anybody BUT, I'd be shocked if she didn't say yes to this!

WestEndBird Profile Photo
WestEndBird
#19re: Did anyone cry at this song?
Posted: 6/16/05 at 10:20pm

Yes I did. That song has a very deep thread with me that not even my best friend knows about.

"Even if I could let you see me cry you would never understand what I was feeling inside, you see it and use it but dont believe in it..."

mollyllom Profile Photo
mollyllom
#20re: Did anyone cry at this song?
Posted: 6/16/05 at 10:39pm

Yeah, this song is very personal for me as well...especially the love vs. waste of time... ah, the joys of unrequited love!

http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=13865158 please =D