pixeltracker

Swing or Ensemble member that you love

Swing or Ensemble member that you love

broadway betty Profile Photo
broadway betty
#0Swing or Ensemble member that you love
Posted: 7/9/05 at 9:04pm

I was obsessed with Shoshana in Hairspray as Shelly. I would watch her and think "Wow, she's going to be huge!".

I also have a mini obsession with Stacey Todd Holt of The Producers. Last year when Nathan and Matthew came back, I saw their second performance and Roger Bart was out. Stacey was Carman Ghia that day and he was fabulous! I thought that nobody could do a better job in that role. Since then, I've seen the Producers 3 more times and I hope there's a little white paper with his name on it. I've been really disappointed with the other Carman Ghia's that I've seen and think Stacey should have the role. He played the wooden man, yadda yadda, one other time but I wish they'd give him Carmen Ghia already.

"I'm the STAR!"--Daniel Reichard during Glory Daze sound check

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#1re: Swing or Ensemble member that you love
Posted: 7/9/05 at 9:05pm

Leslie Kritzer as Shelley!

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#2re: Swing or Ensemble member that you love
Posted: 7/9/05 at 9:31pm

The Ensemble Girl/Usherette in DRS is TOO cute!!

Rosencrantz: "Be happy - if you're not even HAPPY what's so good about surviving? We'll be all right. I suppose we just go on." - from Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#3re: Swing or Ensemble member that you love
Posted: 7/9/05 at 9:34pm

Kathy Deitch in Wicked. She has a lot of presence.

John3 Profile Photo
John3
#4re: Swing or Ensemble member that you love
Posted: 7/9/05 at 9:47pm

I meet Kathy Deitch at a master class and she was the sweetest person I have met so far and I would have to say that I have a "thing" for her.

Madame X Profile Photo
Madame X
#5re: Swing or Ensemble member that you love
Posted: 7/9/05 at 10:09pm

Joyce Chittick in everything.

"Some of us have it worse, you know, Dana. Some of us are dating lesbian men. Okay? C'mon."

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#6re: Swing or Ensemble member that you love
Posted: 7/9/05 at 10:12pm

gotta love John Hill and Adam Fleming.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

overthemoon419 Profile Photo
overthemoon419
#7re: Swing or Ensemble member that you love
Posted: 7/9/05 at 10:15pm

John Jeffrey Martin. in ANYTHING.

"It's not for sissies, contrary to popular belief." - Tommy Tune, on musical theatre.

My avatar: Yummy, no?

SWTaffy Profile Photo
SWTaffy
#8re: Swing or Ensemble member that you love
Posted: 7/9/05 at 10:38pm

Enrico in Rent. I've seen him in 3 different shows (Zanna, Fame, and Rent) and each time I spend more and more time watching him. I really want to see his Angel!!

It's worth a shot/ :) www.freephotoiPods.com/?r=15009978

JoMarch Profile Photo
JoMarch
#9re: Swing or Ensemble member that you love
Posted: 7/9/05 at 10:41pm

Oh Madame X, you said it. Why hasn't Joyce Chittick been given a major role yet? She's so wonderful. I remember when she was a tiny teenager working as a swing in Cats. Now she's a Broadway vet. My, how time flies.

LightMyCandle Profile Photo
LightMyCandle
#10re: Swing or Ensemble member that you love
Posted: 7/9/05 at 10:41pm

"Leslie Kritzer as Shelley!"

Yes and double yes.

She's fantastic. I was floored by her kindness at the stagedoor when I saw 'Hairspray' last month. She was an absolute sweetheart. My friend and I must have talked to her for about ten minutes on everything as far as Broadway was concerned; how she got started, what she did, what we should do- she was wonderfully sweet.

Aside from being incredibly polite, she can really, really sing. I hope for nothing but the best for her in the future. I believe she said that the week we saw her was her final one in the show and she was starting rehearsals for an Off-Broadway play and I feel awful not remembering the title, but she seemed very excited about it.

Hopefully, I'll get a chance to see her. I just think she's great. :)

i'm a tough act to follow because when i'm done i take the microphone with me.

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#11re: Swing or Ensemble member that you love
Posted: 7/9/05 at 10:43pm

I saw her as Tracy and she was FANTASTIC. Hopefully a future Elphaba!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#12re: Swing or Ensemble member that you love
Posted: 7/9/05 at 10:48pm

Matt Clemens on the Les Miz tour! re: Swing or Ensemble member that you love Much adoration and admiration.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#14re: Swing or Ensemble member that you love
Posted: 7/9/05 at 11:02pm

Crazy Bellboy Andrew Asnes from Dirty Rotten Scoundrel

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#15re: Swing or Ensemble member that you love
Posted: 7/9/05 at 11:03pm

I LOVE ANDREW ASNES!!! HE IS SOOO FUNNY AND A GREAT DANCER!!! HE'S IN DRS.

Traci Profile Photo
Traci
#16re: Swing or Ensemble member that you love
Posted: 7/9/05 at 11:06pm

Andrew Asnes from DRS. He is the best singing and dancing BellBoy ensomble member ever!

~Avatar: Alan ming~

~Official Member of GFU~
~Member of C...FU, whose official color is cat blue, which is quite different than royal blue!~
~Because no one puts Mary in their signature~

~"OMG I Peed!" -Anthony Rapp (His reaction to the 'Everybody Has AIDS' song from Team America

Born2shine87
#17re: Swing or Ensemble member that you love
Posted: 7/9/05 at 11:08pm

The Ensemble Girl/Usherette in DRS is TOO cute!!

That's Laura Marie Duncan!! And she's my favorite too hehe.

WesternSky2 Profile Photo
WesternSky2
#18re: Swing or Ensemble member that you love
Posted: 7/9/05 at 11:08pm

Andrew from DRS - definitely. His dance solos in The More We Dance are amazing. And of course, his crazy antics on Greg's webcam.

broadway betty Profile Photo
broadway betty
#21re: Swing or Ensemble member that you love
Posted: 7/9/05 at 11:23pm

Go to Greg Jbara's thread on the off-topic board. That's where all the Gregheads are.

"I'm the STAR!"--Daniel Reichard during Glory Daze sound check

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#22re: Swing or Ensemble member that you love
Posted: 7/9/05 at 11:29pm

Daniel Torres and Kevin Kern, the two understudies in Altar Boyz. I saw Kevin as Mark, and he was absolutely PHENOMENAL. Daniel is also the sweetest person I've EVER met. And apparently, Kevin pointed me and my "C is for Crunk shirt"(show related ...) out to people. Daniel is so unbelievably talented, and his last day in Altar Boyz, along with the regular Mark, Tyler Maynard, is tomorrow, July 10th. They are both SO amazing. Ah, sorry, that was me doing my Altar Boyz love on the last night with the original cast. Forgive me. But anyways, Daniel and Kevin are amazing. If you want, go to www.danieltorres.net and listen to him. He's PHENOMENAL.

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#23re: Swing or Ensemble member that you love
Posted: 7/9/05 at 11:32pm

my current favs are ..
michael cunio
andrew rannels( seen him as link)

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"
Updated On: 7/9/05 at 11:32 PM

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#24re: Swing or Ensemble member that you love
Posted: 7/9/05 at 11:36pm

CRYSTAL MONEE HALL from the Rent tour, SHE IS AMAZING in everything she does!

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#25re: Swing or Ensemble member that you love
Posted: 7/9/05 at 11:44pm

Shneb- Greg Jbara has a webcam every Wednesday and Saturday at 2 and 8 and Andrew is a frequent guest on the "GregCam" and they're usually doing something crazy. They're hilarious.

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#26re: Swing or Ensemble member that you love
Posted: 7/9/05 at 11:49pm

i loved micheal shawn lewis when he was the marksman and raoul understudy in phantom.
there's also an ensemble girl from All Shook Up who i love. i don't know her name but she has this one line where she's like "I LIKE TO NECK!" it's just so cute and funny.

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#27re: Swing or Ensemble member that you love
Posted: 7/10/05 at 12:01am

John Hill! I saw him in Hairspray and went, "Wow, that Fender guy is hottttt..."

Videos