pixeltracker

You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....- Page 3

You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#50re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 3:42pm

Whenever you watch the movies Beauty and the Beast or The Lion King it takes twice as long because you have to stop it to sing all the added songs as well.

I feel so guilty...

and the rent tour is entirely to blame for my seeing the same show twice in one day, but I wasn't the only one!

sharon1
#51re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 4:15pm

When you come to NYC at Christmas and you get tickets to see the same show five evenings in a row because:
a. You love the score
b. You love the performers
c. You can't get enough of either
d. The most deranged part is this seems to be totally acceptable to you

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#52re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 4:21pm

...when nobody seems to know what the hell you're talking about.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#53re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 4:30pm

when you know the difference between a soundtrack and a cast recording!

BSoBW2
#54re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 4:31pm

"...when nobody seems to know what the hell you're talking about."

Oh, I know that one!

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#55re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 5:08pm

32) Whenever someone asks you to spell a word you preface it with "yes, of course" and when you get it right say "I know!"

33) You turn into Jekyll and Hyde when the issue of ALW or Yeston's Phantom comes up.

34) Same with Wild Party (I have to stretch to hit 100, OK?)

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.
Updated On: 10/16/05 at 05:08 PM

rentheadcagofan12
#56re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 5:21pm

"...when nobody seems to know what the hell you're talking about."

*raises hand* Me, me, me! It's so sad that people my age think the only show on Broadway is Wicked nowadays. And it's really annoying.

Well, anyway:

When you know more than your theatre camp teacher/counselor knows about the shows that you're singing your songs from than they do. Yeah, it was sad.

Why does every one have a sarcastic, yet witty signature besides me? :-(

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#57re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 7:54pm

When you are travelling half way around the globe to be in the most exciting place on earth (NYC) and your main reason for visiting is Broadway shows !
When you are constantly talking to your friends about musicals and they just look at you, trying to understand what you are talking about !

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#58re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 8:19pm

4. You are willing to wait an hour for everyone to come out the stage door in 45 degree weather at night.

Try, it in 15 degree weather, during a bliazzard. it sucked.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#59re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 8:25pm

You're willing to pay a lot of money to see a rehearsal of a benefit concert.

kate2
#60re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 8:30pm

you know that WICKED is only one of the shows on broadway. WICKED is not BROADWAY.

lfae Profile Photo
lfae
#61re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 10:38pm

when you can go to a new theatre, in a new city, and just walk to your seat without even thinking/looking or using the ushers, because you instinctively know where you're going.

when you see a show so many times the cast start to give you comps because they feel bad about all the money you're spending (hoping someone I know is in Wicked when it comes down under *g*)

when you get excited when there's understudies on because you want to see as many different casts as possible (and the person who's only seeing the show once is all, damn! understudy!)

when you go "I haven't seen a show in AGES" and by ages you mean over a week.

when you're seeing one show and you spend half the time staring at the dimensions of the stage, figuring out if such-and-such could fit there.

or, when you're seeing a show, and you're making mental notes of the space used, and the props/sets, so that afterwards you can decide where else that same show could be housed.

when you spend HOURS discussing what actors should be in such-and-such a show, should it come to your country.

when you've seen shows in four different cities within 7 months (and the other three of those involved plane trips)

when you'll fly interstate in the morning, see a matinee and then an evening performance, and then fly home that night so you don't have to pay for accomodation!

you'll see a show again because your mp3 player died the first time and you *need* the act 1 finale, dammit!

and when you grouse that movies are too expensive ($12) and you'll wait for the dvd...but don't even bat an eyelid at $80 theatre tickets :)

AnotherDay46 Profile Photo
AnotherDay46
#62re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 11:16pm

When you write down the libretto to all of the shows you can during classes...

amcchemist Profile Photo
amcchemist
#63re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 11:34pm

When I saw the post about running into a broadway actor just doing day to day activities and calling someone, I had to smile! Been there, done that!

Coming back from Newport News, I saw Michael Crawford in the airport. His flight went out of the same gate before mine did. Went over, told him how much I enjoyed the concert. I'm sure he was thinking, "Uh oh." but he was very nice. I went over and sat down, thinking, I gotta tell someone. Try to not act like a fricken idiot while doing it. So first, I call my brother. I get him on the phone, ask him, "Hi, hows the dog?" and before could answer, I say "You never going to believe who's at the same gate in the airport?" There's this long pause, and I hear "Who?" "Michael Crawford!" Very, very long pause before I tell him, "Okay, boy, quit rolling your eyes!" Try to reach a friend and at least leave a message, can't find the number. So, when his plane has boarded and left the gate, I go up to the guy who just checked him onto the plane and say, "Do you realize you just checked in a celebrity?" "Oh, who?" "Michael Crawford!" "Wow, really, he's got a great voice." Funny thing is, the gentleman at the gate was so busy, he didn't catch who he was even though he knew of him. Too busy trying to do his job I guess. Said he had been doing his job for 30 years and this wasn't the first time a celebrity had gone through his gate and he didn't realize until being told later.

rose&lark
#64re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 11:37pm

When you comment to a Barnes and Noble employee whom you don't know that you're pleased that B&N has the new Mary Poppins London recording (Did just that a week ago)..or When you have a conversation about the previous night's Tony Awards with an employee from Media Play...all because you couldn't find the Spelling Bee OBCR.

Q: What is the most weirdest or funniest thing a fan has asked you? Joe Flanigan, Stargate Atlantis: When a fan asked me for help with his grammar. I'm available.

Lavieboheme3090 Profile Photo
Lavieboheme3090
#65re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/15/05 at 11:42pm

You can get to anyone in the theater district if someone tells you what theater they can see from where they are standing.

YessicaB
#66re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/16/05 at 12:09am

-You've been to NYC a million times but have never quite managed to find time to go up the Empire State Building, see the Statue of Liberty and do other touristy things. <- I know that's actually quite sad, but I was preoccupied! re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Nobody knowing what the hell you're talking about... happens to me every day. Friends who know me well have gone over to simply rolling their eyes and telling whatever confused person I was talking to: "Oh, don't mind her, she's just quoting some show again."
I also get very exited about Twinkies. I love buying them, because I get to act out the whole scene at the cash register...

farfrombway
#67re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/16/05 at 12:35am

ontheskyway! I totally feel your pain! I live in Gilroy, not the greatest theatre town. Ok guys I have a another one. I saw Little Women just a few hours ago! For the second time in 5 days. I had fantastic seats and the show was even better the second time. Yet I am bummed , because I met the lead actress and managed to make a complete doofus of myself! Just thought of a few more.
1. You are so excited about seeing a show you will tell anyone who will listen.
2. You have dinner with an actress who played Belle in the National Tour of Beauty. A friend of your is with you and she is telling the actress about the small town she lives in. The actress says "Is it a provincial town!" Water nearly comes out your nose!
3. You ask people musical trivia questions to see if they are worth talking to!
4. If your going to meet an actor/actress and hope there is an excuse to make a cute reference to the show.
5. You nearly pass out on Susan Egan's feet when your 10 years old! Updated On: 10/16/05 at 12:35 AM

Defy_Gravity2 Profile Photo
Defy_Gravity2
#68re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/16/05 at 2:02am

-When "shuffle" on your iPod is a sick joke because every song is from one musical or another and there are at least 12 versions of every song. My record is Defying Gravity: 17...

When this
----
.re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
----
is your bedroom.

I had just finished shooting a coffee commercial. And ain't it ironic? I don't drink coffee. Coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee.
Updated On: 10/16/05 at 02:02 AM

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#69re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/16/05 at 2:14am

...an actor of your favourite show gets to know you well enough to take you backstage

...your friends go to your favourite show, your name comes up and the cast asks "Aw, how is she? Did she get into NYU?"

...when you're walking down the street and an actor from your favourite show bumps into you and says "Oh hi [broadwaystar2b] I didn't know you were in town!"

and yes, these have actually happened to me

Over_the_Moon
#70re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/16/05 at 2:19am

Anyone else think this thread has turned into a pathetic "look at me" contest to prove who's a more "deranged musical theatre fan"?

"what have we learned? Don't smoke... don't do drugs and don't sing 'Defying Gravity'." -CATSNYRevival

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#71re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/16/05 at 2:33am

Gravity, based on that photograph it would appear that you have an unhealthy obsession with shows that Idina was in... not really classic musical theatre. but I'll agree with deranged... Updated On: 10/16/05 at 02:33 AM

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#72re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/16/05 at 9:29am

I had to run before and didn't get to put all the things on the list I had in mind...

35) You are VERY careful to pronounce anything in French exactly right because you know it's more important to say it properly than anything else.

36) You're absolutely convinced that Michael Jackson has had the OBC to Gigi altered slightly and it's playing constantly at Neverland.

37) You've seen a feline in an alley and whispered, "Jellyorum" on a chance that you might hit its second name.

3re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when.... You've been listening to A Chorus Line for so long that growing up you never understood why your friends laughed at the words "tits and ass" - they're just lyrics!

39) If you go on a blind date, you make sure that it's for eight o'clock.

40) You go on vacation to Italy and try to recreate the poses of every painting you see.

41) You go on a cruise and everytime someone says "Bon Voyage" you add "dear fellow"

42) You rejoice when your English teacher hands you a syllabus consisting of Huckleberry Finn, Jane Eyre, The Once and Future King, and Pygmallion.

43) Whenever someone asks you if you remember something you say either "Ah yes, I remember it well"...

44) Or "I'm sure it was you."

45) Every tree you see this time of year reminds you of broken umbrellas

46) You scan the tabloids at the supermarket, desperate for more information on what's happening with the Bat Boy

47) You went onto iTunes and downloaded a bunch of Elvis songs you never heard of before, and were disappointed when they didn't mention baby blues or loving Ed.

4re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when.... You made a career choice based on a song in Working...

49) Or if your career isn't in the show you've written numerous letters to Studs Terkel, starting with complaint and ending with pleading for him to include you in the sequel.

50) You're now with me halfway through the list and know what the hell I'm talking about.

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#73re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/16/05 at 9:42am

I have to agree with Over_The_Moon.Congratulations jasonf, you have proven that you know musicals..was that the point?

Anyway, regarding the first post, how did you guys pull off having dinner with the star of your favorite show?

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#74re: You know your a deranged musical theatre fan when....
Posted: 10/16/05 at 9:52am

No, I don't have to prove a thing.

Forgive me for trying to post something humorous rather than a bash.