Belt it out!

kelly0ann
#0Belt it out!
Posted: 12/23/05 at 7:31am

Ok, so the weirdest things you use for mics inspired this post.
When everyone is out of the house, what do you do? Sing at the top of your lungs, of course! My personal favorite place is the garage, because my garage has pretty much the best accoustics EVER! Haha. Anyways...what is your favorite song to belt like nobody's business.
Mine changes all the time, but currently I would have to say "The Next 10 Min." from The Last 5 Years...."I want to be your wiiiife, I want to bear your chiiiild...." Ah it's the best!
Updated On: 12/23/05 at 07:31 AM

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#1re: Belt it out!
Posted: 12/23/05 at 7:34am

Hmm, at the moment I'd have to say One Song Glory, it's pretty fun to just scream when no one's around.

freeadmission Profile Photo
freeadmission
#2re: Belt it out!
Posted: 12/23/05 at 8:21am

"Gimme Gimme". It's really fun when the spit starts flyin'. :-P

boytobroadway
#3re: Belt it out!
Posted: 12/23/05 at 8:30am

I love to belt, or scream, Tori Amos songs.
Blood Roses, The waitress ("I believe in peace, B*TCH!")

BUT for B'way it would have to be
Stars, actually I will stop there, because I cannot think of any guy songs I sing. This is sad, very sad!

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#4re: Belt it out!
Posted: 12/23/05 at 9:22am

I like to belt out 'This is the Moment'. Not only does it have an emotional connection to me but it also uses most of my range and is a good warm up.

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel

kelly0ann
#5re: Belt it out!
Posted: 12/23/05 at 9:22am

Oh I love This is the Moment! Nice choice.

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#6re: Belt it out!
Posted: 12/23/05 at 12:35pm

I had to stop doing that...it really ****s up your voice :) and I'm supposed to be working on my soprano..

but...when I'm bad I belt Easy as Life (it's lower, so not as bad on my voice too) and then I can feel like the black girl I know I am...lmao

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

theatrebabe
#7re: Belt it out!
Posted: 12/23/05 at 12:55pm

I'm just discovering my belt voice so I sing at the top of my lungs even when people are home. My poor family.

Currently, I love to do Out Here On My Own from...ooo...I think it's Fame. And On My Own from Les Miz.

THE WORLD IS FULL OF HAPPINESS, THAT I HAVE NEVER KNOOOOOOOOOWWWN.

God, that's so much fun.

"While some feel it is a film related question, I seem to think it may be a 'I am thinking of losing my winkie' sort of question."
-cheezedoodle

caitiesus1522 Profile Photo
caitiesus1522
#8re: Belt it out!
Posted: 12/23/05 at 1:08pm

well my voice teacher gets mad at me when I do it but Defying Gravity and I Can Do Better Than That are my two current favorites

Broadwaynut81 Profile Photo
Broadwaynut81
#9re: Belt it out!
Posted: 12/23/05 at 1:13pm

Usually I go in my living room (has the best acoustics next to the stairs going down to my basement) and just belt out random songs, but usually it is "Defying Gravity" -- (I know, Wicked... sorry!) or its "What You Own" or "Out Tonight" If not those its whatever comes on my stereo.

Joshua488
#10re: Belt it out!
Posted: 12/23/05 at 2:45pm

"Here I Am" - Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
"The Wizard and I," "Defying Gravity," "No Good Deed" - Wicked
"Take Me or Leave Me" - Rent

These are a few that are definitely on my Most Played iTunes playlist.

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#11re: Belt it out!
Posted: 12/23/05 at 3:00pm

Not belting, but I sing Think of Me or This Place is Mine when no one's home. Both have Bb5's at the end.

mauriposa
#12re: Belt it out!
Posted: 12/23/05 at 3:20pm

I'm a big fan of garage-singing, too, but my voice tends to carry into the house, so I can't do it a lot. I've found a pretty good singing-environment in my car, too. No acoustics, and I obviously have to sit down, but it's good times.

Current song of choice: Take Me or Leave Me
. . . but I'm sure it'll change tomorrow.

boytobroadway
#13re: Belt it out!
Posted: 12/23/05 at 3:25pm

THE BATHROOM!! has great acoustics you know.

Tori Amos writes a lot of her music in it because of them. THAT is where I do a lot of my singning, and there is a mirror so I can make sure I am singing right.

All those tiles and hard surfaces in the bathroom really help.

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#14re: Belt it out!
Posted: 12/23/05 at 5:56pm

Right now, it's Brotherhood of Man.

I Am What I Am always feels good, too.

Billboard Girl Profile Photo
Billboard Girl
#15re: Belt it out!
Posted: 12/23/05 at 5:58pm

For as long as I can remember, "Part Of Your World" from The Little Mermaid has been my belt-it-out-in-the-shower anthem.

"There was this one time an alarm went off - it was in the middle of '24.' That's just wrong. Everyone knows everyone was watching '24' at that time." --NYU student quoted in the Washington Square News about students ignoring the frequent fire alarms in dorms

MyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
#16re: Belt it out!
Posted: 12/23/05 at 6:06pm

Back To Before from Ragtime, You Don't Know This Man from Parade, and Waiting For Life/Forever Yours from OOTI seem to be my big ones these days. I do Millie too, but that just makes me bitter, hahaha.

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

Kristen_0509 Profile Photo
Kristen_0509
#17re: Belt it out!
Posted: 12/23/05 at 6:09pm

I'm just discovering that I have a belting voice (I normally sing Soprano) but right now I'm into "A Change In Me"

What lies behind us and what lies before us are small compared to what lies within us..

FosseBoi
#18re: Belt it out!
Posted: 12/23/05 at 6:09pm

Its horrible for my voice but "Defying Gravity". I also do a lot of stuff from RENT, "Still Hurting", "See I'm Smiling", and "Climing Up Hill" from THE LAST FIVE YEARS. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I SWARE it makes you feel better!lol!re: Belt it out!

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

MissMonika Profile Photo
MissMonika
#19re: Belt it out!
Posted: 12/23/05 at 6:55pm

lol. i do this alot when everyone else is at work or school. yes, the bathroom really does have good acoustics!! i like to belt out "on my own," "defying gravity," or any Disney song. hehehe. i end up killing my voice but it's great!

Yes, I'm pinay. And I'm proud of it!

PJ
#20re: Belt it out!
Posted: 12/23/05 at 7:03pm

I always have a bit of fun singing the last half of "The Wizard and I" when no one's around. I have to dip into my counter tenor range for that one, of course.

Isabella2
#21re: Belt it out!
Posted: 12/23/05 at 7:05pm

my kitchen is good acoutic wise. i sing green finch and linnet bird he most. other wise it's mostly stuff fom passion (Mostly clara's songs), because it's good lyric wise.

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#22re: Belt it out!
Posted: 12/23/05 at 7:13pm

"Here I Am" - DRS
"Big Blonde & Beautiful" - Hairspray
"Out Tonight" - Rent

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

Broadwayluva Profile Photo
Broadwayluva
#23re: Belt it out!
Posted: 12/23/05 at 7:15pm

maybe not BELT, but Great Big Stuff and the Finale in DRS and Dancing Through Life(it's a lot of fun when you're alone, trust me!)

RustyRocketteBoy Profile Photo
RustyRocketteBoy
#24re: Belt it out!
Posted: 12/23/05 at 7:15pm

I must say 10mins ago i was singing "Lovely Night" from Cinderella while shaving...hehe

Stop worrying if your vision is new. Let others make that decision- They usually do. You keep moving on. Anything you do, Let it come from you. Then it will be new. Give us more to see... ~Sunday In the Park with George

Videos