The "LIGHT" goes out!

catstagestud Profile Photo
catstagestud
#25re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 2:17pm

I loved this production! I saw it this past March and really found it to one of the most breath-taking theatrical experiences of my life. Congrats to the amazing cast and thanks to such a brilliant creative team!!

Cheers,

Christopher

www.christopherviolett.com

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#26re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 2:29pm

I listened to the OBC this morning while cleaning my room. It was my little tribute.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#27re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 3:39pm

The show was on TKTS today. I was so surprised to see it there.

I wish I could've gone, but my stupid mother....let's not talk about it.

NathanLaneStalker
#28re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 3:42pm

Well, look on the bright side! It might be revived in about 10 to 20 years!

And also all of the new shows opening!!!

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#29re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 4:03pm

Thank you to the actors and creative team involved with this show for such a beautiful gift to Broadway and theater fans alike...

Best of luck to everyone associated with LITP in all their future endeavors! Congrats on an amazing run!

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 7/2/06 at 04:03 PM

bluesoprano Profile Photo
bluesoprano
#30re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 4:08pm

This show shall be greatly missed. I wish Victoria Clark and the rest of the cast all the best in future endavours! May their presence grace the broadway stage again.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#31re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 4:26pm

Kyle. i so agree with you.

I hope Vicky comes back soon.

bwayboi4life42 Profile Photo
bwayboi4life42
#32re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 4:29pm

It's really sad to see such a wonderful show close, and crap like all of Disney's stuff and the Wedding Singer and Jersey Boys and Mamma Mia staying open for so long.

"I believe that art does not exist only to entertain, but also to challenge one to think, to provoke, even to disturb, to engage in a constant search for the truth." - Barbra Streisand

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#33re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 4:49pm

Congrats to everyone involved in The Light in the Piazza.
It is the best and most beautiful show I've ever seen.
I just saw the show on Thursday and it is in wonderful shape. Vicki's characterizations have changed quite a bit since last year but she's still thoroughly brilliant.
Goodness, I miss it so much already.

~Steven

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#34re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 4:55pm

Bye Light in the Piazza! You shall be missed! I glad I at least have the telecast to remeber you...even if the watching the telecast wasn't nearly as good as the experience I had seeing the show live in the Vivian Beaumont! And thank you for the beautiful cast album! I think I'll go put the OBCR on right now!

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#35re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 5:00pm

Goodbye to the best show I've ever seen!

kyle. Profile Photo
kyle.
#36re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 5:03pm

Although I'm devastated by the show closing (trust me you have no idea, I've been following this show right by its side for 4 years), I'm very excited about the tour. At first I was a little bit on the fence about seeing it, I didn't want anything to spoil my last experience with this show. Now that I've calmed down from that night, I've realized how much I'm looking forward to it. I won't be seeing it until January, 7 months from now, and I'm excited to see the changes the tour will bring to the show. I'm also looking forward to middle America and those on the west coast who didn't get a chance to see it in Seattle being exposed to it. As most of you know the cast recording, as well made as it is, pales in comparison to seeing those songs performed live while in the context of the show. And the Live from LC broadcast...don't even get me started! I'm lucky enough to be able to get to New York every once in awhile, but so many aren't.

Bravo to them for taking a chance by taking this challenging piece on the road! Updated On: 7/2/06 at 05:03 PM

coolphantom919 Profile Photo
coolphantom919
#37re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 5:35pm

I only watched it on t.v. but, i enjoyed it!

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#38re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 6:48pm

When will we get a review from today (the last show) up?

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#39re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 6:52pm

I'm upset about the show closing, but this was just out of line:

crap like all of Disney's stuff and the Wedding Singer and Jersey Boys and Mamma Mia staying open for so long.

We all knew LitP would close sooner or later, ESPECIALLY since it was a Lincoln Center production. Everything put on there is a limited run engagement. We should be incredibly thankful that it got extended as many times as it did.

Please don't downtalk other shows just because they're open-ended runs. It's really not called for at all.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#40re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 6:59pm

From ATC:

"Just back from the last performance. Beautiful performances all around in one of the most stunning set designs.
Very touching (and long) speech by Victoria Clark (she asked all the crew backstage and swings and understudies to take a bow. She acknowledged Patti Cohenour (spelling?) as both the Signora and Margaret Johnson.

Guettel closed the proceedings. Overall, a great afternoon.

Sightings: Morrison and Frank Ric."

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

H.Higgins Profile Photo
H.Higgins
#41re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 7:12pm

I hope it was an extraordinary performance!

Bravo to everyone involved!

gittel
#42re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 7:15pm

What is ATC?

I sadly never made it to NYC to see the show, but caught it on PBS a few weeks ago and absolutely fell in love.

Can't wait to read more feedback from those lucky enough to attend today.

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#43re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 7:33pm

ATC is All That Chat it's another broadway message board thing...

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

gittel
#44re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 8:06pm

Thanks, Gustof777.

starletta8
#45re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 8:11pm

It was an incredible performance. My hands are very sore from the applauding.

A few people actually stood for Victoria Clark as she entered. The applause was deafening. Overall, the audience's reception to each and every actor was wonderful. They had to pause quite a few times because the audience wasn't quieting down.

It was a powerful and moving performance. I'm so glad to have been there.

In the post-show speeches, Victoria likened the final show to natural childbirth: horribly painful, but a beautiful product.

Bravo to this talented cast and marvelous show (and everyone who helped to make it possible)

billygoatgirl300
#46re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 8:55pm

I saw this last weekend and was so glad that I did. This was the first show that made me cry. I can't imagine how sad it was when Kaite said " I can't leave you"

The towel waving reminded me of a Per?nist rally. I kept chanting "Evita!" whenever they'd pan to the crowds. - SM2

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#47re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 9:17pm

bump!

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#48re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 9:30pm

I will miss this show terribly. I was fortunate enough to see th original cast last summer, and to this day maintain that this was one of the most breath-taking and perfect, in every aspect, shows that I have ever had the good fortune to experience live in a theater.

Congratulations to everyone involved for giving the world such a beautiful gift.

I would like to congratulate Victoria as well, for a beautiful and moving performance that will surely live on in theatrical history.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#49re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!
Posted: 7/2/06 at 9:35pm

The light went out when Matt Morrison left. Oh wait, that was a flame.

nomdeplume- Put a soccer ball in it.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
Updated On: 7/2/06 at 09:35 PM