pixeltracker

Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love- Page 5

Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love

Perfectly Marvelous Profile Photo
Perfectly Marvelous
#100re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
Posted: 11/21/06 at 9:34pm

Off the top of my head...

The second orchestra break during "Willkommen" on the 1966 Original Broadway cast recording of Cabaret. I have no idea why I love it so much, but it's so upbeat. It just makes me happy. I just the love the woodwind section! :)

The opening piano part to "I Don't Care Much" on the '98 revival cast recording of Cabaret.

The "wah wah" part in "It Couldn't Please Me More (A Pineapple)" from Cabaret. It's right after Herr Schultz says "That would be nice, but frankly it would give me gas."

The accordion in "The Ballad of Sweeney Todd".

The intro to "30/90" from tick, tick...BOOM.

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams." - Doctor Who

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables

Updated On: 11/21/06 at 09:34 PM

Mike3 Profile Photo
Mike3
#101re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
Posted: 11/21/06 at 10:19pm

I absolutely love threads like this. I'm so happy there are other people who care about these things...

In A MAN OF NO IMPORTANCE, Faith Prince screams: "Why did you never tell me?" followed by the sound of a door closing.

Truth.

zerodanny Profile Photo
zerodanny
#102re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
Posted: 11/21/06 at 10:22pm

I absolutely love the intro on the 1995 revival London cast of "Blood Brothers", I also adore the end of "Brimstone and treacle" in Mary Poppins.

**Anything Can Happen If You Let It** SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS

virgil blessing2 Profile Photo
virgil blessing2
#103re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
Posted: 11/21/06 at 11:07pm

Cast recording of A MAN OF NO IMPORTANCE, the cast singing the final few notes of the show and the orchestra's closing notes.....ALWAYS chokes me up....STILL....all these years later.

Oh yes, same show - Roger Rees and company, late in Act II, singing "Man in the Mirror" reprise, always brings tears to my eyes.

Many sections of that CD touch me, as did the original film it was based on, and the musical's final performance...which I was fortunate enough to see. It's a piece I'd love to direct.

"I am not 'a' Eunice Burns. I am THE Eunice Burns!!!"

VelmaKelly2 Profile Photo
VelmaKelly2
#104re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
Posted: 11/21/06 at 11:07pm

I love on the Wicked Soundtrack during "One Short Day" when Galinda says "Two BEST friends"...it always makes me smile!

mauriposa
#105re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
Posted: 11/21/06 at 11:10pm

I can't believe no one has mine!

In Wicked, "Thank Goodness," "and with a jealous squeal ::violin:: the wicked witch burst from concealment."

That violin amuses me every time.

smilinggiggle
#106re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
Posted: 11/22/06 at 2:01pm

I love in Oliver "What fisitcuffs" with the cute english accent it ges me every time

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#107re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
Posted: 11/22/06 at 2:07pm

"Sometimes I catch him looking...and looking....I just look right back!"

Elaine Stritch, "Company"

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Perfectly Marvelous Profile Photo
Perfectly Marvelous
#108re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
Posted: 11/22/06 at 5:11pm

Oh, there's another one from the OBC of Cabaret that I really love:
Right before Fraulein Schneider sings her little refrain of "So What?" in the Finale, there's an intro that almost sounds like carnival music, except it's sort of sour. But I really like it.

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams." - Doctor Who

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables

bwayboi0101
#109re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
Posted: 11/22/06 at 5:15pm

On the ACL recording during the montage where I forgot who says "I used to practice kissing with my best girlfriends, and she goes didnt you, oh god, Judy says yeah, and Sheila says "aww hell count me in" haha that part cracks me up.

Traci Profile Photo
Traci
#110re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
Posted: 11/22/06 at 5:29pm

On the OBCR of RENT during 'rent' when Mark says, "How can you generate heat" and when Roger says, "I was waiting for you don't you know" in 'Today 4 U'.

And in Avenue Q when Princeton says, "Brian, buddy, where you been? The term is Asian-American!" in '...Racist'.

~Avatar: Alan ming~

~Official Member of GFU~
~Member of C...FU, whose official color is cat blue, which is quite different than royal blue!~
~Because no one puts Mary in their signature~

~"OMG I Peed!" -Anthony Rapp (His reaction to the 'Everybody Has AIDS' song from Team America
Updated On: 11/22/06 at 05:29 PM

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#111re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
Posted: 11/22/06 at 5:40pm

The sound of coke being snorted on Bright Lights, Big City

TheatreDiva612 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva612
#112re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
Posted: 11/22/06 at 6:48pm

In Children of Eden... "From this day forward nights wont seem so black."

and in Little Women during Days Of Plenty- "So Believe that she mattered, and believe that she always will, she will always be with you, she'll be part of the days you've yet to fill."

fetzles1490
#113re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
Posted: 11/22/06 at 8:52pm

In See I'm Smiling in L5Y, towards the middle of the song [I'm not positive of the lyric offhand], the same exact piano sequence that happens and crecendos into Cathy's breakdown later in the song is played as an undertone, basically foreshadowing the end of the song. I don't remember when I noticed it but it was a pretty cool revelation.

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#114re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
Posted: 11/22/06 at 10:03pm

The opening notes of Being Alive from the Company OBC, and Getting Married Today on the '95 revival.

There's several on the Little Women recording:
- The little underscore the three other sisters sing while Jo is doing the "I'm ready for destiny..." bit.
- Megan McGinnis' heartbreaking "All my life I've lived for loving you, let me go now..."
- The piano reprise of Some Things Are Meant to Be at the end of The Fire Within Me.

Donna Murphy's delivery of "It's about this....whale." during Conversation Piece on the Wonderful Town revival recording.

The opening of Show Me the Key on The Secret Garden OBC. The "I - She - I'm a girl - She is a lass" part.

"And we'll pummel your butt when we prove who knows what!!" during Why We Like Spelling.

The backup during the chorus of "Going Down" on the Hair Actor's Fund recording.

"Don't be Cruel" on the All Shook Up recording. I just love it so much. "That is hot."

Boq101
#115re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
Posted: 11/22/06 at 10:21pm

Anything Judy Kaye sings or says in RAGTIME, specially her "WHEEE!" in the middle of the Prologue making fun of Evelyn Nesbit.

COOOOLkid
#116re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
Posted: 11/23/06 at 12:38am

I love the harmony that the trumpet plays in the beginning of the overture of Gypsy!

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

musicalangel12
#117re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
Posted: 11/23/06 at 12:44am

Little Women: the way Sutton Foster sings the line "How can that be lost forever? How when I gave everything with all my heart?"

I absolutely love it!

"Movies will make you famous; Television will make you rich; But theatre will make you good."--Terrence Mann

"Pretty much...if you've seen any shows that have a jerk boyfriend in that show...I'm that guy."--Richard H. Blake

Diane: Aww, you are such a chick flick. I would totally pay $12 to see you. (Kristin Chenoweth on "Ugly Betty") http://musicalangel12.blogspot.com <-- my blog. Give it a read, please.

canirollerskate
#118re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
Posted: 11/23/06 at 12:47am

Victoria Clark's timbre and delicacy on "an ocean away" during Dividing Day from The Light in the Piazza. Kills me every single time.

Neverandy Profile Photo
Neverandy
#119re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
Posted: 11/23/06 at 1:09am

These are my wife's
"She's gotta be sheltered and fed and dressed..." From Carousel Soliliquy
Judas' Death when he sings the reprise of "I don't know how to love him"
"...and if it wasn't for me, then where would you be, miss gypsy rose lee?" Gypsy OBCR
"Can't we just pursue our lives..." From Into the woods OBCR only!
The final Tom of warwick moment at the end of the camelot OBCR
These are mine
"Sarah come down to me!" RAGTIME OBCR
"Let others rise..." Warlow as Enjorlas
"In Lily's Eyes" At the end of the song with Quast an Warlow only.
"I'm their savior" Evita OBC
Kim "you will not touch my child"
Thuy: "you don't know how to kill!"- Saigon OBCR
One that both of us agree on
All of "Is anybody there?" from 1776 OBCR

Other than that, did you enjoy the play Mrs Lincoln?

strelimyn Profile Photo
strelimyn
#120re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
Posted: 11/23/06 at 8:28pm

Off the top of my head:

- "Dance ... Dance! DANCE OR DIE!" and Sarah Jessica Parker's scatting from Spanish Panic on the Revival Recording of Once Upon a Mattress

- This has been said many times, but in Dancing Through Life when Idina sing "I doooo" Loove it

- On Footloose OBC, when Jennifer Laura Thompson sings "Been feeling so strange" in the Finale

- ALL of See What I Wanna See Recording - fantastic "... ouch, right?"

- Idina's pronunciation of "No good deed" in ... No Good Deed from Wicked - I dunno, something about it gets me everytime

- How Idina sings "Tell them how I am deFYing gravity" ... something about the way she sings the FY part = love

- From Aida OBC, Easy as Life, when Heather sing "Forcing us to prove that all the hardest things we've done are easy! So easy!" love it

that's all I can think about right now - but this thread is awesome

sumladfrompa.tumblr.com

Over_the_Moon
#121re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
Posted: 11/23/06 at 10:12pm

-Assassins-
Ballad of Booth: "Let them cry dirty traitor..." gives me tinglies.
Ballad of Czolgosz: "I'm told that in his spare time, he enjoys collecting COINS!" cracks me up

-The Last Five Years-
All of the repeating of melodies is so gorgeous, I love it all.
Nobody Needs to Know: "Praying I'll hold you again" tinglies.

-The Light in the Piazza-
Say it Somehow: "I think I hear the sound of wrap your arms around me" makes me swoon

-Titanic-
No Moon/Autumn: "No wave, no swell, no line where sea meets sky" just love it.

-The Secret Garden-
Winter's on the Wing: Just various places where he's all, "SEXY ACCENT!"

-Cabaret-
Tomorrow Belongs to Me (reprise): The end is just chilling

"what have we learned? Don't smoke... don't do drugs and don't sing 'Defying Gravity'." -CATSNYRevival

flicker_ Profile Photo
flicker_
#122re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
Posted: 11/23/06 at 10:27pm

The Light in the Piazza-
"Your milk...Your milk is, eh..."
"My milk is what? What milk?"
It's just so funny how Clara says this. I smile every time.

Sweeney Todd-
In The Judge's Return, when Sweeney sings, "And he was...naive." It's this throaty croak that gives me the chills.

Opera is when a guy gets stabbed in the back and, instead of bleeding, he sings.

broadwaybaby654
#123re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
Posted: 11/24/06 at 2:46am

The end harmony of "secret soul" from Jane Eyre
"deep within my sec-ret SOUL!!!!"
amazing...

theaterlover45 Profile Photo
theaterlover45
#124re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
Posted: 11/24/06 at 8:22am

I like when Nessarose sings "the wicked witch of the east, We Deserve each other"