pixeltracker

Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?- Page 5

Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#100re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
Posted: 1/23/07 at 6:35pm

Ditto Katie Adams. I saw her as Glinda on tour. What a sweetie!

MLE Profile Photo
MLE
#101re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
Posted: 1/23/07 at 6:41pm

MovieGuy - Katie is still the standby.

Everyone I've met has been great.
Updated On: 1/23/07 at 06:41 PM

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#102re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
Posted: 1/23/07 at 6:43pm

does the cast of SA come out after matinees?

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

javertjunky Profile Photo
javertjunky
#103re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
Posted: 1/23/07 at 7:18pm

yes they do. My friend went and saw the 2 p.m. performance and talked to all of them.

"Men like me can never change, Men like you can never change. No, 24601. My duty's to the law - you have no Rights. Come with me 24601. Now the wheel has turned around, Jean Valjean is nothing now. Dare you talk to me of crime, And the price you had to pay. Every man is born in sin. Every man must choose his way. You know nothing of Javert. I was born inside a jail, I was born with s like you, I am from the gutter too!" ~Javert

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#104re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
Posted: 1/23/07 at 7:32pm

MLE - Sorry, I never actually looked. I read on another thread that she was gone and thought it to be true. Goodness, she was possibly the nicest person besides Jenn Gambatese.

JKlock - Yes, they do come out after the matinees, as javertjunky said. But, I saw the first matinee of their entire run (the 3rd official preview), and Stephen Spinella and Christine Estabrook did not come out. I asked the woman who was tending the stage door (P.S.~ Nicest lady ever. We talked for like 10 minutes after everyone was gone. Anyhow...) and she said that they had a rewrite or some kind of meeting with the director prior to the evening performance.

So, when I saw it, all of the young cast indeed came out the stage door. But, due to it being early in the run and the first day of a double-performance, the adults did not... though the case may be different now.

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

yellibean2
#105re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
Posted: 1/23/07 at 8:01pm

Hands down, the Boston cast of Spelling Bee, just for dealing with me non-stop for three months, let alone being so awesome about it.

And also Elizabeth Southard and Susan Owen. But mostly the Boston Bee cast.

April Saul
#106re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
Posted: 1/23/07 at 8:18pm

It's hard to beat the entire cast of Spring Awakening for being open and friendly, although the History Boys kids were wonderful as well. Jon Groff wins in my book because after the first time I saw the show onstage, he told me outside that I was the best audience member of all time because I was laughing and rocking out in my on-stage seat. Since then, whenever my daughter and I run into him (several times at the show or just in the streets of NY) he throws his arms around us and says, "Hey, it's you guys again! How have you been?" In the last few years, others who were particularly fun were Dennis O'Hare, Bill Nighy, Jimmy Smits, Patty Heaton (and I teased her about her politics!), Mary Louise Parker, Nicole Kidman, Amy Spanger, Jeff Goldblum, Billy Crudup (who remembered exactly where we'd been sitting for Pillowman), Brian O'Byrne, Mark Ruffalo, Nellie McKay, Logan Marshall-Green, the cast of the Spelling Bee. It's much harder to remember actors who are rude, because my experiences chatting with them are usually really pleasant...

Runner1B
#107re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
Posted: 1/23/07 at 8:39pm

...going way back to 1983, James Congdon after "Baby," while in previews.

broadwayjavajunkie
#108re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
Posted: 1/23/07 at 9:42pm

Sarah Stiles from the Spelling Bee tour.

I met the kids from the Les Mis tour and they were all sweet. Their parents, on the other hand...

"Shut up! Are you a communist?"

mattonstage Profile Photo
mattonstage
#109re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
Posted: 1/23/07 at 10:49pm

The cast of City of Angels, particularly James Naughton who spent about 10-15 minutes chatting with my friend and I.
I had great fun with Philip Bosco, because my nephew's name is also Philip Bosco (unfortunately no relation although we're both from Jersey City)He signed a poster for me and then we chatted for about 15 minutes while he signed other autographs.
Dame Maggie Smith was also great. I was at a Tues. performance of Lettice and Lovage and after we spoke another man asked to get a picture and she said "Please hurry, I have to do this twice tomorrow." Priceless.

I killed the boss, you don't think they're gonna fire me over a thing like that!!!!

theatregeek2
#110re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
Posted: 1/24/07 at 12:31am

Julia Murney Julia Murney Julia Murney!!!! She's just a darling! She takes time talking to you and for that matter everyone at the stagedoor. She has the funniest stories or just wittiest comments!

katie22
#111re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
Posted: 1/24/07 at 3:58am

CHRISTINE EBERSOLE

vontusslegirl87
#112re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
Posted: 1/24/07 at 8:24am

Kendra Kassebaum
Cliffton Hall
Josh Lamon
Megan Hilty
Stephanie J. Block

la la, la la! you'll be popular! just not quite as popular as ME!
Updated On: 1/24/07 at 08:24 AM

LyTeMyCanDyI Profile Photo
LyTeMyCanDyI
#113re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
Posted: 1/24/07 at 11:36am

Will Chase!!!
And Adam Pascal and Idina Menzel and Matt Caplan

Megan Mullally as Karen Walker on Will and Grace: "Tell me more. Tell me more. Like does he have a car?"

whateverman
#114re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
Posted: 1/24/07 at 1:17pm

The stagedoor at Dreamgirls is VERY nice. they are alwyas most gracious.

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#115re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
Posted: 1/24/07 at 1:18pm

Idina Menzel
Helen Dallimore
Martin Ball

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#116re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
Posted: 1/24/07 at 1:39pm

I don't always stage door, but here's my list:

John Lloyd Young
Christian Hoff
Daniel Reichard
J. Robert Spencer
Michael Longoria
Richard Blake
Stephen Lynch
Raul Esparza
Norbert Leo Butz
Mark Kudisch
Billy Crudup
Jeff Goldblum

Away from the stage door:
I met Brian Stokes Mitchell, Anthony Rapp, Adam Pascal and Kristin Chenoweth at other events and they were so incredibly nice

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#117re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
Posted: 1/24/07 at 2:04pm

The divine Cherry Jones was the most human person I have ever interacted with at the stage door. She was amazing.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

RevolutionaryCostume Profile Photo
RevolutionaryCostume
#118re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
Posted: 1/24/07 at 4:04pm

The best I've met were Christine Ebersole, Norm Lewis, and Rondi Reed (from Chicago's "Wicked")

~Jacob.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#119re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
Posted: 1/24/07 at 4:12pm

I forgot a couple of others who were really nice:

Jeff Goldblum, what a hysterical man. My friends and I met him and he spoke to us for a good twenty minutes, and we saw the show again two weeks letter and he was like "Hey, I remember you guys!" and talked to us for another fifteen minutes or so.

Cherry Jones was also very nice. She stopped and chatted with my cousin and I for a few minutes after "Faith Healer," even though there was a very large crowd waiting for autographs. I felt bad, but it was she who kept the conversation going! She's really intense with eye contact. I don't know why I'm writing that it's just that I remember how hardcore she was about it.

Random:
JKlock - Yes, they do come out after the matinees, as javertjunky said. But, I saw the first matinee of their entire run (the 3rd official preview),
Me too!

I'm_not_that_girl89 Profile Photo
I'm_not_that_girl89
#120re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
Posted: 1/24/07 at 4:59pm

Megan Hilty
Norbert Leo Butz
David Ayers
Christian Hoff

Christian Hoff was the nicest. I was in NY one day before christmas and me and my friends decided since we couldn't get tix for jersey boys, we would go to the stage door to meet the cast after the show instead. We ended up getting there late and Christian Hoff was the only one still there. I told him I didn't see the show but I was asking for tix for christmas(i got them!! im seeing it in march). He was so nice, he told me he hoped i would get tickets and then told me all about student rush tickets and really took a lot of time to talk. then I got my picture with him and he made sure it turned out. it didn't the first time so we took another. He really just seemed to care.

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#121re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
Posted: 1/24/07 at 5:24pm

Adam Pascal was incredible to me !!! I got a hug and a personalized autograph !
John Stamos was fantastic, especially when I told him I was Greek !
Eartha Kitt was a true Lady, very chatty and friendly !

lovelyspotlight Profile Photo
lovelyspotlight
#122re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
Posted: 1/24/07 at 5:36pm

Karmine Alers was really sweet to me. My voice teacher at SFT over the summer had coached Karmine. So...she kind of set me up with a backstage deal. Karmine and I talked for about thirty minutes...and she didn't even seem in a hurry to get away! Same with Tim Howar (another time I saw RENT). He came out and spoke with EVERY SINGLE PERSON outside, no lie. He was so accommodating.

And the entire Hairspray cast was, when I saw it.

And...when I saw Three Days of Rain, Julia Roberts came out for a total of three minutes, signed like five playbills...then retreated back into the building. I was a little bit on the upset side...since I was completely SET on meeting Julia Roberts. Eh, oh well.

Yeah, it's refreshing when people are nice at the stage door.

onlylisab Profile Photo
onlylisab
#123re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
Posted: 1/24/07 at 5:41pm

Linda Eder was a DOLL! We talked for a while and she didn't rush us (even though there was quite a line behind us.)

Carol Channing is fabulous, but you already know that.

Kendra Kassebaum was nice, but definitely wasn't as personable as Julia Murney.

Lorna Luft is hilarious.

Raul Esparza is a GEM!!! He was so kind and gracious. (And gorgeous.)

"First up was Max who sang "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" [...] I haven't seen that big of a reaction to a stair descent since Audra left the attic in Ragtime." --Seth Rudetsky

PeachesCat
#124re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
Posted: 1/25/07 at 7:19am

I worship Raul, but I must have gotten him on a bad day...

The best:

Frank Langella
Charles Adler (Took over in Torch Song Trilogy)
Harvey Firestein
Sarah Ramirez
David Hyde Pierce
Hank Azaria
George Hearn
Alan Alda

-------------
www.cultureclubforum.com