#1Anneliese Van Der Pol on Regis
Posted: 7/3/07 at 9:56am

Boy, she does sound like Judy Garland.

soapguy17 Profile Photo
soapguy17
#2re: Anneliese Van Der Pol on Regis
Posted: 7/3/07 at 10:02am

I heart her, she's pretty much awesome.

I have NEVER met Cheyenne Jackson. I have never hung out with him in his dressing room, he did not tweet me, he never bought me a beverage, and he mostly certainly didn't tickle me. . .that is all.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#2re: Anneliese Van Der Pol on Regis
Posted: 7/3/07 at 10:03am

Glad to see someone who is popular with Disney television actually have talent.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

bwaylvsong
#3re: Anneliese Van Der Pol on Regis
Posted: 7/3/07 at 10:19am

What did she sing?

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#4re: Anneliese Van Der Pol on Regis
Posted: 7/3/07 at 10:20am

I didn't watch, but I'll bet she did "A Change in Me" or even "Home."

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#5re: Anneliese Van Der Pol on Regis
Posted: 7/3/07 at 10:21am

I am absolutely in love with her. I'm not going to be able to see it, so hopefully it will end up on YouTube. :/

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#6re: Anneliese Van Der Pol on Regis
Posted: 7/3/07 at 10:23am

She did "A Change in Me" and sounded good. I think she sounds more like Susan Egan than Jusy Garland, but I can see that too.

beautyofmydream Profile Photo
beautyofmydream
#7re: Anneliese Van Der Pol on Regis
Posted: 7/3/07 at 11:11am

She sounded amazing! Does anyone know her plans after Beauty?

fnyboi88 Profile Photo
fnyboi88
#8re: Anneliese Van Der Pol on Regis
Posted: 7/3/07 at 11:14am

OMG I wish I could have seen her as Belle, I went to the show a week ago today and she was out!!!

Broadway Shows I've Seen: Hairspray, Chicago, Little Shop of Horrors (2003), The Wedding Singer, Spamalot, Riverdance, Rent, Beauty and the Beast, Spring Awakening, Wicked, Legally Blonde, Phantom of the Opera, Sweet Charity (revival), Drowsy Chaperone, The Lion King, Dreamgirls(2010 Tour).

me2 Profile Photo
me2
#9re: Anneliese Van Der Pol on Regis
Posted: 7/3/07 at 12:58pm

Personally, I thought her diction was formal and a few times she seemed like she was screaming rather than belting. I'd still see her, but that was my impression.
Broadway Blog: The Road You Didn’t Take to Broadway (the Hollywood detour debate)

tinkerscanne
#10re: Anneliese Van Der Pol on Regis
Posted: 7/3/07 at 1:53pm

" Personally, I thought her diction was formal and a few times she seemed like she was screaming rather than belting. I'd still see her, but that was my impression. "

I soooo agree with you! I was cringing as I was watching - those notes at the end, total screaming. And she was pitchy on some of the notes at the beginning. This is how she sounded when I saw her in BATB and I was so disappointed. I don't care for her voice - it's throaty and strained at times. I don't think I'd categorize her as a soprano, which is what Belle is categorized as.

Yankeefan007
#11re: Anneliese Van Der Pol on Regis
Posted: 7/3/07 at 2:38pm

Yes, by the end she sounded a lot like she was screaming. I was surprised how deep her singing voice was, especially after watching the interesting interview.

She's definitely not a soprano (at least not based on the classic definition of the word)...perhaps an alto.

I didn't hate it, but I've always expected the "Change in Me" song to have high closing notes. She sounded significantly better in the theater.
Updated On: 7/3/07 at 02:38 PM

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#12re: Anneliese Van Der Pol on Regis
Posted: 7/3/07 at 7:22pm

I loved her voice.
I love her, i think she's fantastic.

Her performance was really great.
I enjoyed it!

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

srgr8 Profile Photo
srgr8
#13re: Anneliese Van Der Pol on Regis
Posted: 7/3/07 at 7:38pm

I have to agree with you me2, the held notes sounded like screaming

Although I'm curious as to how the studios acoustics (or lack thereof) played into it. I'll hold off on forming my opinion until I see it in the theatre...I hope to be pleasantly surprised!

"What does not kill us makes us HOTTER!" --Legally Blonde: The Musical

"Love the art in you, not yourself in the art." --Konstantin Stanislavsky

BroomstickBoy Profile Photo
BroomstickBoy
#14re: Anneliese Van Der Pol on Regis
Posted: 7/3/07 at 8:46pm

Considering the acoustics in the studio and the fact that she's singing early in the morning, what, 8/9-ish which isn't good for your voice anyway but they push through and do it, I thought she sounded great.

I don't WANT to live in what they call "a certain way." In the first place I'd be no good at it and besides that I don't want to be identified with any one class of people. I want to live every whichway, among all kinds---and know them---and understand them---and love them---THAT's what I want! - Philip Barry (Holiday)

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#15re: Anneliese Van Der Pol on Regis
Posted: 7/3/07 at 8:52pm

van der Pol has a very similar tone to Susan Egan.

It's hard to explain, but when the both of them go up in their register, their voices still sound very "grounded" and low, even if they are belting high notes like in "A Change In Me."

I think Anneliese is a very fresh new talent. If she stays in New York to pursue a theatrical career, she could have alot of great oppertunities in her future (though she needs to be weary of going into "screaming mode" at times.)

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 7/3/07 at 08:52 PM

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#16re: Anneliese Van Der Pol on Regis
Posted: 7/3/07 at 8:57pm

I was going to say the same thing Broomstick. She sounded significantly better in the theatre when I saw her. I was majorly impressed then. This morning, I think she did the best she cuold with the crappy sound system at Regis and Kelly which has screwed over many performers. It wasn't bad, but it didn't sound flawless.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#17re: Anneliese Van Der Pol on Regis
Posted: 7/4/07 at 12:08am

When I see a show preform on a morning show I never say they were bad and they could have done better. I tip my hat to them thinking that I am suprised that they could wake up so damn early and do that.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#18re: Anneliese Van Der Pol on Regis
Posted: 7/4/07 at 12:21am

Do they have SRO for Beauty and The Beast?

I wanna see Anneliese.

I know, she doesnt come out the stage door anymore, but I'd like to see the show with her.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#19re: Anneliese Van Der Pol on Regis
Posted: 7/4/07 at 12:29am

I hear she misses LA and will go back.
Since BEAUTY is making close to a Million a week, they should sell standing room.
Anyone hear the rumour that they closed TARZAN to move BEAUTY across the street?
Updated On: 7/4/07 at 12:29 AM

tinkerscanne
#20re: Anneliese Van Der Pol on Regis
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:56am

But Beauty is closing....not moving.

tinkerscanne
#21re: Anneliese Van Der Pol on Regis
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:56am

But Beauty is closing....not moving.

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#22re: Anneliese Van Der Pol on Regis
Posted: 7/4/07 at 2:08am

I wouldn't mind that rumor :)

alex2155 Profile Photo
alex2155
#23re: Anneliese Van Der Pol on Regis
Posted: 7/4/07 at 11:38am

Why has she stopped coming out of the stage door?

Lizzya9
#24re: Anneliese Van Der Pol on Regis
Posted: 7/4/07 at 2:24pm

I thought she was absolutely fabulous!!

Sorry this is off-topic, but I started a thread about this many days ago when I found out she was going to be on. PLEASE use search, people!!!!

Videos