pixeltracker

What song do you listen to over and over...- Page 3

What song do you listen to over and over...

King Stevos
#50re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: songs.... over and over and over
Posted: 1/6/04 at 11:37am

She Cries" sfnw
big news" parade
river in the rain" big river
so in love reprise & Too Darn Hot" KMK recent revival
Make me Happy" wild party (lippa)
Dancing through life" wicked
Hero and Leander" myths and hymns or saturn returns
Comfort and Joy" Bat Boy

STEVOS

"IF I TRY THERE MAY BE A CHANCE / WE COULD LOVE WITH OUR EYES CLOSED/ WITH OUR EYES CLOSED WE COULD CHANGE THE WORLD!"- Stephen Dwight

dotmarie Profile Photo
dotmarie
#51re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: songs.... over and over and over
Posted: 1/6/04 at 11:41am

Like many others, I've been listening to Wicked ever since I got it. I'm addicted to The Wizard and I, What is this Feeling, Dancing Through Life, Popular, I'm Not that Girl, Defying Gravity, so on & so on.

For Good always makes me tear up, and by the time I get to the Finale...forget it. It's just so sad! re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: songs.... over and over and over

The only thing I don't like about this CD is that Nessa only gets one song. re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: songs.... over and over and over WE WANT MORE MICHELLE FEDERER!

bernadette88
#52re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: songs.... over and over and over
Posted: 1/6/04 at 4:20pm

Rose's Turn
Somepeople
Defying Gravity
Popular

There all great!!

TheBalladeer Profile Photo
TheBalladeer
#53re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: songs.... over and over and over
Posted: 1/6/04 at 4:58pm

Overall, I can't stop listening to Bernadette's rendition of "Some People" on the New Broadway Cast Recording of Gypsy. First of all, "Some People" is my FAVORITE musical theatre song in the whole world, and I really identify with it, but the tempo and performance of it on the new CD is just perfect. Bernadette performs it brilliantly vocally and emotionally from the cue lines "Anybody that stays home is DEAD!" right through to "But not ROOOOOOSSSSSEEEE!!!!"

I am also obsessed right now with the New Little Shop Recording, especially "Prologue: Little Shop of Horrors", "Suddenly Seymour", and "Ya Never Know" because DeQuina Moore, Trisha Jeffrey, and Carla Hargrove (my fellow Penn Stater) vocals are just amazing, and I am in LOVE with Kerry Butler. Michael Leon-Wooley is a treat as well, and I can't stop listening to "Sominex/Suppertime (Reprise)".

Wicked is fun to listen to right now too - especially "The Wizard and I" (Idina really makes me feel for her when she sings/performs this number) and "Popular" is so much fun. I especially love how Kristin's little Southern twang comes out whenever she starts to sing "chesty"/lower areas of the song (i.e. 'Power Sister and advisor, There's nobody wiser'....)

Some other songs/albums that I listen to on a regular basis:

My Fair Lady OBCR (esp. I Could Have Danced...., Show Me)
Sweeney Todd OBCR (esp. Worst Pies In London / Not While I'm Around)
Into the Woods Revival Recording
The Maury Yeston Album
The Sondheim Album (esp. Christianne Noll's renditon of "You're Gonna Love Tomorrow/Not A Day Goes By") BEAUTIFUL!!!

Cheers,
The Balladeer

"Someone tell the story...Someone sing the song...."

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#54re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: songs.... over and over and over
Posted: 1/6/04 at 5:02pm

Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now
You Can't Stop the Beat

I listen to my Hairspray CD while doing cardio at the gym.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#55re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: songs.... over and over and over
Posted: 1/6/04 at 5:02pm

If Adam Pascal sings it, I could listen to it all day... so basically lots of stuff from Aida and Rent. That man could sing the phone book and I'd drool.

Also, Defying Gravity.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

ChristineDaae Profile Photo
ChristineDaae
#56re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: songs.... over and over and over
Posted: 1/6/04 at 5:20pm

Wilkommen
Cabaret
Phantom of the Opera
Wishing you were Somehow Here again
I Know the truth
Go into your Dance
...and theres others that I can't think of right now

"Life will be frozen peaches and cream. Baby, dream Your Dream" ~ SC

TTL Profile Photo
TTL
#57re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: songs.... over and over and over
Posted: 1/6/04 at 10:17pm

"I CAN HEAR THE BELLS" "WITHOUT LOVE" "IT TAKES TWO"

Bret Profile Photo
Bret
#58re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: songs.... over and over and over
Posted: 1/6/04 at 10:29pm

The first 50 seconds of Noone Mourns the Wicked
The Wizard and I
Defying Gravity
Dancing Through Life
Out Tonight(Ok...so it not Wicked, but still!)

"Wherever you go... I'll be right there. When you get your own private kick in the ass, just remember: it's a present from me to you." Rose's dying words to Louise

BroadwayNYC
#59re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: songs.... over and over and over
Posted: 1/6/04 at 11:06pm

"Small World"
"Rose's Turn"
"Under Separate Cover" A Class Act
"ALL That Jazz"

"Everything's coming up roses, this time for me!"

TheatreGuy06 Profile Photo
TheatreGuy06
#60re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: songs.... over and over and over
Posted: 1/6/04 at 11:06pm

- Goodmorning Baltimore
-Overture to Gypsy
- Wick from The Secret Garden
- Suddenly Seymour from LSOH

:)

TheaterChef Profile Photo
TheaterChef
#61re: songs.... over and over and over
Posted: 1/8/04 at 5:40am

*Cabaret/Maybe This Time.
*Crazy.
*Music of the Night.
*Gimme Gimme/Jimmy.
*Folies Bergeres.
*Rose's Turn/Some People.

"More than in any other performing arts the lack of respect for acting seems to spring from the fact that every layman considers himself a valid critic." --Uta Hagen

wiggum2 Profile Photo
wiggum2
#62re: re: songs.... over and over and over
Posted: 1/8/04 at 6:57pm

Some People
Rose's Turn
Be Italian
Story of Lucy and Jesse(it took me a few days in the car to get those lyrics down)
Live, Laugh, Love
Ballad of Booth
Something's Coming
Gethsemane
Gimme Gimme
Not for the life of me
Anything Goes
And Eve was weak
Weekend in the Country
and that's all I can think of off the top of my head

shermanslave Profile Photo
shermanslave
#63re: re: re: songs.... over and over and over
Posted: 1/8/04 at 7:04pm

Sleepy Man from Robber Bridegroom on the Liz Callaway album

Please visit Bitchy Waiter

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#64re: re: re: songs.... over and over and over
Posted: 1/8/04 at 7:05pm

My new favorite song to listen to is "God Save the People" from Godspell.

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

WestEndBird Profile Photo
WestEndBird
#65re: re: re: re: songs.... over and over and over
Posted: 2/29/04 at 1:05pm

in order...

1) Popular...Wicked
2) Suddenly Semour...Little Shop
3) Day By Day....Godspell
4) I don't know how to love him...JCS
5) Too much Heaven...JCS
6) I only want to say (Geths.) JCS

"Even if I could let you see me cry you would never understand what I was feeling inside, you see it and use it but dont believe in it..."

WestEndBird Profile Photo
WestEndBird
#66re: re: re: re: songs.... over and over and over
Posted: 2/29/04 at 1:05pm

"Even if I could let you see me cry you would never understand what I was feeling inside, you see it and use it but dont believe in it..."
Updated On: 2/29/04 at 01:05 PM

BroadwayPer4mer03
#67re: re: re: re: re: songs.... over and over and over
Posted: 2/29/04 at 1:14pm

Wicked - Popular, wizard and I, what is this feeling, defying gravity
Hairspray - Good Morning Baltimore, without love, mamma i am a big girl now, welcome to the 60's, you cant stop the beat

racerchiquita76m Profile Photo
racerchiquita76m
#68re: re: re: re: re: re: songs.... over and over and over
Posted: 2/29/04 at 1:20pm

This second, "Gimme, Gimme"

Broadway724 Profile Photo
Broadway724
#69re: re: re: re: re: re: re: songs.... over and over and over
Posted: 2/29/04 at 1:39pm

anything in Gypsy sung by Maureen Moore

#70 songs.... over and over and over
Posted: 2/29/04 at 1:59pm

I am listening to
GOLD by LINDA EDER
and
WICKED

Faith2 Profile Photo
Faith2
#71re: songs.... over and over and over
Posted: 2/29/04 at 2:21pm

At the moment, and for the past few days, I've been listening to the song "Try To Remember" from the DVD of the film version of "The Fantasticks" with Jonathan Morris as El Gallo!

I also like the CD of the OBC recording with Jerry Orbach....but I have to say I prefer looking at Jonathon! re:  songs.... over and over and over

(is there a list of smilies somewhere on this board)?

There is a curious paradox that no one can explain; Who understands the secret of the reaping of the grain, Who understands why spring is born out of winter's laboring pain, Or why we all must die a bit before we grow again. -from "The Fantasticks"
Updated On: 2/29/04 at 02:21 PM

Juliette Capulet
#72re: re: songs.... over and over and over
Posted: 2/29/04 at 4:26pm

"Les Rois du Monde" from Roméo et Juliette - de la Haine à l'Amour

"Defying Gravity" - WICKED

Tendres Baisers,
Juliette Capulet

jcr279
#73re: re: re: songs.... over and over and over
Posted: 2/29/04 at 6:18pm

Ive been listening to "Daybreak" and "The Riddle Song" from Floyd Collins. I love singing along especially on the part that says ...."when mama was alive"....those notes are right in my power range, as I like to call it!

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#74re: re: re: re: songs.... over and over and over
Posted: 2/29/04 at 6:39pm

Currently, I'm listening a lot to 'Who's Got Extra Love' from Zanna Don't and 'Jellicle Songs for Jellicle Cats' from CATS.

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...