pixeltracker

Who was the nicest actor or actress you met?- Page 5

Who was the nicest actor or actress you met?

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#100re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/18/08 at 9:48pm

Andrea Burns (In the Heights)
Olga Merediz (In the Heights)

No one mentioned them yet?

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#101re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/18/08 at 10:06pm

Recently?
David Hyde Pierce, Karen Ziemba and Debra Monk were all so kind and gracious (it was pooring rain!).
Also Norm Lewis was so humbled when I mentioned to him that I fell in love with voice when he sang "You Should be Loved" in Side Show after The Little Mermaid.

One of the coolest was Jaqueline Piro-Donovan who chatted me up for about 20 minutes after Witches of Eastwick.

But to me hands down the nicest EVER... has been Linda Eder. She is so into her audience when she comes out and stays no matter how long they chat her up. The first time I ever saw her it was raining and her Limo had not shown up and instead of going back inside she stood out with the 5 of us who waited and talked about everything from her concert to the best food around the country. She was so fab!

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#102re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/18/08 at 11:41pm

Katie Rose Clarke and Christine Andreas.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#103re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/18/08 at 11:47pm

Any leading lady working for a Wildhorn show (Eder, Andreas, Coleen Sexton, Andrea Rivette) are defantely the nicest. Coincidence? I don't know. Also Lea Salonga on given nights.

madcap_fiance_rose Profile Photo
madcap_fiance_rose
#104re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/19/08 at 12:35am

Megan Mullally
Greg Jbara
Roger Bart
Patti LuPone
Victoria Clark
Joanna Gleason

lots of others, but definately Megan Mullally as the nicest.

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#106re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/22/08 at 11:31pm

Matt Morrison exceeded even my best expectations ! Cheyenne and Kerry were wonderful, too, as was the whole cast of In The Heights ! Actually, all the people I stage-doored for, were very down to earth and gracious ! I can't say that I've had a bad experience yet !

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#107re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/22/08 at 11:39pm

I have a list:
1. Ann Harada
2. Orville Mendoza
3. Jennifer Simard
4. Everyone in Forbidden Broadway(WESTIE, ETC)
5. Danny Burstein
6. Jennifer Barnhart
7. John Tags
8. Barrett Foa
9. Chris Gattelli
10. Ryan Duncan- Such a sweetheart!
10. Donna Moore
Updated On: 4/22/08 at 11:39 PM

tonytonytony Profile Photo
tonytonytony
#108re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/24/08 at 3:48pm

Just met Roger Bart 4/17/08. He was extremely nice and offered some fantastic stories at Seth Rudetsky's FABULOUS Chatterbox event.

morningglory
#109re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/24/08 at 3:55pm

Chuck Wagner
Carolee Caromello (sp?)
Ron Bohmer
Marc Kudisch
and by far the absolute nicest: J. Mark McVey

philcrosby
#111re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/24/08 at 4:21pm

Hal Holbrook
Chita Rivera
Nancy Walker
Olympia Dukakis (tough, but nice)
Ruby Dee
Alfred Drake
Mildred Dunnock
Cloris Leachman

xogreenified94
#110r
Posted: 4/24/08 at 4:49pm

Updated On: 6/9/08 at 04:49 PM

Miss.Vanessi
#111re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/24/08 at 4:53pm

If we're straying a little from Broadway, as I always get confused as to whether she actually took over for Julie Andrews in Camelot, or just took it on tour...
Kathryn Grayson is the absolute nicest celebrity I have ever met. She was so lovely to me, even offered me cookies the first time I met her, haha.

As far as definite Broadway- there are simply no words to describe how lovely Marian Seldes is. And Christine Ebersole is pretty stellar. :)

It's like writing "Norma Shearer for the win!" in a Joan Crawford biography.

elphaba432 Profile Photo
elphaba432
#112re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/24/08 at 5:01pm

Kristin Chenoweth, cuz she's the only one I've met! haha

Just because I got the lead doesn't mean you can't be my understudy!:)

kylestefanie Profile Photo
kylestefanie
#113re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 4/25/08 at 11:44am

By far-
Roger Bart
Chris Fitzgerald
Howie Michael Smith
Christian Anderson
Megan Mullally
Sutton Foster
Jim Bostlemann
Gary Beach
Nathan Lane

Playbill9117 Profile Photo
Playbill9117
#114re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 11:45pm

Megan Hilty is absolutely the nicest broadway star I've met. She posed for a picture and waited when I had to change my camera batteries!

On the same evening, Ben Vereen was a complete jerk, but I've asked around and it seems like he was possibly just having a bad night.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#115re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 11:49pm

Gotta add Emily Skinner to my list. She is incredible!

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

sparkles Profile Photo
sparkles
#116re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 5/9/08 at 12:01am

Stephanie J. Block
Kate Shindle
Julia Murney
Jerry Mitchell - I think he counts! Wasn't he a performer before he was a choreographer? Forgive me, I'm a "newer" fan!
Updated On: 5/9/08 at 12:01 AM

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#117re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 5/9/08 at 12:12am

Jason Patrick Sands, for me, I think is the nicest.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

DefyGravity777
#118re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 5/9/08 at 8:09am

Stephanie J. Block and Cristy Candler-They both made me feel like a friend that they haven't seen in a very long time. In general the whole Wicked cast is nice.

All the people that I met from Legally Blonde were nice also and I haven't the slightest clue who they were(I only saw the show once). I know it wasn't any of the leads...lol

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

into_the_woods2 Profile Photo
into_the_woods2
#119re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 5/9/08 at 10:27am

SJB was sooo nice
and megan hilty was nice stage door pantages

"The good news is I have an excellent Tony speech. The bad news is I've had it for forty-five years."-Elaine Stritch

fafolguy Profile Photo
fafolguy
#120re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 5/9/08 at 10:34am

I met Patti Lupone after she did a concert here. She wanted to see some drag queens, so her entourage asked us where they could be found. We told them where to go and they invited us to come along. We sat at Patti's table and she was extremely friendly and gracious to us 4 wide eyed fans. We chatted, took pictures, and generally had a ball. :)

White, a blank page or canvas. His favorite - so many possibilities. F--- you, Ms. Johnson. Word.

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#121re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 5/9/08 at 10:45am

Tim howar by far. He knew us and he was so sweet. He invited us backstage on his last show and he gave us a tour and talked to us for like an hour. So funny and nice!

Robin De Jesus was really nice, Haven Burton (Remembered me), Becky Gulsvig, Telly Leung, Lin Manuel, Mandy Gonzalez, Karen (Not the biggest personality but very sweet) and Rosie Lani Fiedelman! (Also my cousin twice removed or something)

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#122re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 5/9/08 at 11:01am

I met Idina Menzel, Helen Dallimore and Martin Ball when they were in London's WICKED back in 2006. They were completely nice.

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#123re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 5/9/08 at 1:16pm

Kirsten Wyatt
Tracy Jai Edwards
David Burnham
John Gallagher, Jr.
Jason Patrick Sands
Jeffrey Schecter
Heather Parcells
Tim Howar
Andy Karl Updated On: 5/9/08 at 01:16 PM

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#124re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
Posted: 5/10/08 at 1:37pm

Debra Monk, David Hyde Pierce, Christopher Fitzgerald, Sutton Foster, Gavin Creel, Jennifer Simard and the whole cast of the bee for that matter, Roger Bart. I actually found him walking past the front of our hotel as he was arguing with Susan Stroman about something and I asked for both their pictures. and im sure they were like damn tourists, but they played it off really nicely!

Videos