pixeltracker

First show you saw alone..- Page 3

First show you saw alone..

gonepishing
#50re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 6:30pm

A local production of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." If you mean a professional show, I've never seen one by myself.

SgtDonut Profile Photo
SgtDonut
#51re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 6:35pm

Never. My family doesn't trust me in Downtown Chicago/The Whole Manhattan Island. I would sneak in to so many shows in New York or who knows what in Chicago!

The Best Thing Right Now: Hair Revival!

Gobstopper Profile Photo
Gobstopper
#52re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 6:59pm

In The Heights.

dalefully Profile Photo
dalefully
#53re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 7:07pm

It's pretty rare for me just because I like to have someone to talk to before/after the show and at intermission, but the first time going alone was Sweeney Todd when I first moved to New York.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#54re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 7:09pm

Unintentionally- The Drowsy Chaperone,I was supposed to go with my girlfriend and her mom, but my girlfriend got sick, so I ended up going alone and selling the other two tickets to some tourists.

Intentionally- Sweeney Todd

IsolatingAge
#55re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 7:18pm

Spring Awakening- April 2007.

I had tickets for that night, but I really really wanted to see the matinée, and looking back I really have no idea why. So I stood in line at 8 when the box opened at 12, but I met someone I knew of from Livejournal who's art I really loved (she made my icon) who lives in Norway, but happened to be in New York that weekend. It was pretty mind trippy.

The only other show I saw alone was Rent- August 2007.

I really wanted to see Adam and Anthony, but no one wanted to go with me. I sat in the third row.

You must think I'm still sixteen. I dropped out of high school for a reason. And I don't care if you're pretty. I'm not admitting you are right. My soul is not a stage. I won't pretend I'm anything I'm not

mauriposa
#56re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 7:20pm

Altar Boyz Chicago, during their closing weekend. I rushed on a whim, even though I had tickets for the following day. I'm glad I did, though. I really enjoyed myself. And, as an added bonus, some of the Boyz approached me in the lobby after the show, instead of the other way around.

Mandi Moo Profile Photo
Mandi Moo
#57re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 7:21pm

The Homecoming in March. I was with my brother and sister and they wanted to go to the ESPN Zone and play video games and watch hockey...so I ditched them and got rush tickets. The next day I saw Sunday in the Park with George by myself too, which is what I'd been planning on doing anyway.

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#58re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 7:27pm

Spring Awakening - last February.

Friends wanted to see something else that I zero interest in, so I got tickets for this last minute.

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#59re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 7:29pm

Beauty and the Beast. I had just lost my job and wanted to celebrate (those of you who know the story completely understand that), so I figured I would catch it before it closes. Since then I've done 2 others. I got tickets that day... it's amazing what seats you can get when you're alone!

::bust a move::

thereisnofuture Profile Photo
thereisnofuture
#60re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 9:54pm

RENT,my mom and sister already had seen it and I wanted to go again so they just went shopping and left me there.

i*heart*fame
#61re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 10:11pm

Fame on 42nd Street. I'm in the group that prefers to see theater alone--unless my partner is paying for my ticket.

"Don't thank your parents, if you were raised in a nurturing environment you wouldnt be in show business"--Conan O'Brien at the 2006 Emmy Awards

Broadway212 Profile Photo
Broadway212
#62re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 10:16pm

first show I saw alone was Saved a few weeks ago

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#63re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 10:20pm

The Color Purple... But the lady next to me was so sweet and made me feel like i was he grandson!

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#64re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 10:21pm

On Broadway? Wicked.

In general? A tour of Evita in Asheville, NC.

I see pretty much everything alone though. That way a)I know I'll get to see it rather than waiting on friends to make up their minds and b)I don't have to deal with the aftermath if they don't like it.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!
Updated On: 6/12/08 at 10:21 PM

christhefish Profile Photo
christhefish
#65re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 10:31pm

In the Heights

masb19872
#66re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 10:42pm

In general, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

On Broadway, Rent.

I love seeing shows alone. I'm also one of those people who sees movies alone, though. Updated On: 6/11/08 at 10:42 PM

harris007 Profile Photo
harris007
#67re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 10:43pm

blood brothers in nyc

Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)

lmw8880
#68re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 10:57pm

Rent last Sunday in NYC, I even won lotto.

kooky
#69re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/11/08 at 11:50pm

Hang onto your hats!

" What makes Sammy Run " with Steve Lawrence in a little theatre on 54th ST.

Does anyone remember that? of course I was wheeled there in my carriage.
Steve was great and one of the songs in the show was
A Room Without Windows .......I felt so grown-up going alone.
Any New Yorkers remember that ?

luvcaroline Profile Photo
luvcaroline
#70re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/12/08 at 12:21am

Hairspray, about 3 months into the run. I was in town for a meeting and I knew that this was the hottest ticket at that time. I tried several times in the month leading up to my meeting to get tickets online. I had no luck until the week before I was to go. I ended up getting a great seat on the 5th row. I had a blast!

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#71re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/12/08 at 12:28am

Forbidden Broadway: SVU was the first and only show I saw alone. I don't think seeing shows alone is weird, and I would do it more often but for some reason, I don't. It's just much easier than dragging someone who doesn't really want to see the show to begin with.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

The White Half-Mask Profile Photo
The White Half-Mask
#72re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/12/08 at 12:28am

"The Phantom of the Opera" on Broadway a little over a year ago.

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#73re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/12/08 at 12:39am

The first show I ever saw I went alone. I would say 80% of the time I go by myself, and I usually sit next to someone who's there by themself.

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#74re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/12/08 at 1:01am

oh wow hmm... well i went to a LOT of shows at school by myself (and also equity productions at the Syracuse Stage) but on broadway it would be RENT. I had a couple friends who were in the audience but they all had lottery tickets so they were up front and I was a few rows back. (it was actually kind of sad bc i was on the aisle and then there was an empty seat next to me, then a guy by himself then another empty seat)

I actually enjoy seeing shows by myself though.

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)
Updated On: 6/12/08 at 01:01 AM