pixeltracker

First show you saw alone..- Page 3

First show you saw alone..

BroadwaynSeventh2 Profile Photo
BroadwaynSeventh2
#50re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/15/08 at 12:46am

Wicked on tour in tampa. I had seen it like 20 billion times while it was here and I had run out of friends to see it with. I have to say I like going by myself, I think I pay more attention.

Antisocialite Profile Photo
Antisocialite
#51re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/15/08 at 1:35am

South Pacific, because Roomate bailed on me and Boyfriend doesn't like theatre and Friends were not available.

Burn the witch
The witch is dead
Burn the witch
Just bring me back her head

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#52re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/15/08 at 1:36am

Is your first language German?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#53re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/15/08 at 1:39am

RENT. When I was a babe of 14.

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

Antisocialite Profile Photo
Antisocialite
#54re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/15/08 at 1:39am

No. This is just how I talk on messageboards. I don't do names online, so friends are typically called Friend, Friend A and Friend B, Friends, etc. My boyfriend is Boyfriend. My roomate is Roomate. My sister is Sister. My best friend is Clever. You get the idea.

Burn the witch
The witch is dead
Burn the witch
Just bring me back her head

Baiseur82 Profile Photo
Baiseur82
#55re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 6/15/08 at 3:20am

August: Osage County It was really amazing. I prefer to see plays alone musicals are more fun with a group I think.

"I'd rater be nine peoples favorite thing, than a hundred peoples ninth favorite thing"

AbbyNormal13 Profile Photo
AbbyNormal13
#56re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 10/17/08 at 10:33pm

Young Frankenstein, the 4th time i saw it.

Ed_Mottershead
#57re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 10/17/08 at 10:41pm

First time was How to Suceed in 1962 because my parents weren't interested is seeing it. MANY times before under the jurisdiction of parents or "responsible" adults. He-he, if only they'd known went on those days.

BroadwayEd

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#58re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 10/17/08 at 10:43pm

Annie Get Your Gun with Reba McEntire - March 21, 2001
Seussical - March 24, 2001
Thoroughly Modern Millie - August 20, 2002
Gypsy - August 13, 2003 (matinee)
Nine - August 13, 2003 (evening)
Wicked - March 21, 2004
Hairspray - March 26, 2004

The list goes on...

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#59re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 10/17/08 at 10:45pm

Alone, eh? Legally Blonde.

kate2
#60re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 10/17/08 at 10:51pm

Xanadu

SillySara Profile Photo
SillySara
#61re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 10/17/08 at 11:33pm

Cyrano with Jennifer Garner and Kevin Kline.

I used to be freaked out by the thought of going to a show alone. And now I do it all the time. Though I do think it is always more special to experience live theater with someone.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#62re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 10/17/08 at 11:40pm

The first show I saw alone was Hairspray. I was having a rotten week and just decided to go see a show. But since it was a spur of the moment think no one was available. I was having trouble deciding whether I wanted to see something I'd already seen or something new. I decided that I wanted to be able to "share" the experience of a new show with someone else. So Hairspray it was.

I eventually got over that so the first "new" show I saw was Drowsy Chaperone.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

#63re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 10/18/08 at 12:10am

I went to a show by myself for the first time a few months ago. It was to see Patti Lupone Gypsy. My friend went to see Legally Blonde.

And then a few nights later my friend went to see Mary Poppins while I went to see In the Heights.

I think I chose the better shows. =]

BroadwayBelle2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBelle2
#64re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 10/18/08 at 9:42am

This summer Gypsy, it was spur of the moment.

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#65re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 10/18/08 at 12:06pm

Well since the first time I went to NYC my dad isnt a huge theatre person so two shows we saw together (Avenue Q and DRS) and then I saw Lestat and Sweeney Todd by myself. Since then every show I have seen in NYC with the exception of RENT I have seen bymyself.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

bossbear062
#66re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 10/18/08 at 12:23pm

the 25th annual putnam county spelling bee

TheatreFreak05 Profile Photo
TheatreFreak05
#67re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 10/18/08 at 1:46pm

A Chorus Line revival

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#68re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 10/18/08 at 2:22pm

Wicked, August 19th, 2004.
My sixteenth birthday because my aunt couldn't get a ticket and I wanted to see it for my birthday, so she walked me to the theater and then we met up after.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

xxdrewboy85xx Profile Photo
xxdrewboy85xx
#69re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 10/18/08 at 2:48pm

The full monty was the only show i saw alone- I think i would have enjoyed it more if i wasnt alone tho...

ashley0139
#70re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 10/18/08 at 2:55pm

Avenue Q in 2004 and many since then. I have absolutely no problem seeing a show alone.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

BroadwayBoy2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBoy2
#71re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 10/18/08 at 3:02pm

Sunday in the Park Revvial on Tony Day. STUNNING!!!

I'll have them clawing at eachother, like drag queens at a wig sale"

dg22894
#72re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 10/18/08 at 3:53pm

Chicago alone which I love

HometownGlory Profile Photo
HometownGlory
#73re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 10/18/08 at 3:59pm

The first and only one was the current Equus revival - a very interesting thing to experience solo.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#74re: First show you saw alone..
Posted: 10/18/08 at 4:06pm

Barnum with Jim Dale was the first. I must have been 11. My dad went to the city on business. Dropped me off at the matinee and picked me up after. Saw Annie with Alice Ghostley as Hannigan that evening.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!