pixeltracker

Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre- Page 2

Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#25re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 5/25/09 at 12:10pm

do we really care that much about their private grown up relationship?

I know I don't. (But their children would be amazingly talented AND beautiful)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

AndAllThatJazz22
#26re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 5/25/09 at 12:13pm

Doesn't WIll already have a child?

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#27re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 5/25/09 at 12:24pm

Yes, he has a child. I thought he was also married.

Edit: Just pulled up a bio on him and it lists two sons but no wife.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 5/25/09 at 12:24 PM

bwayfan3 Profile Photo
bwayfan3
#28re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 5/25/09 at 1:14pm

Here's a recent photo essay from Broadway.com about this "single dad"

http://www.broadway.com/A-Hectic-Day-in-the-Life-of-Hair-Star-Will-Swenson/broadway_photos/5027859

He has 2 sons and you'll notice Audra's daughter with them in some of the pictures.

g4rat Profile Photo
g4rat
#29re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 5/25/09 at 2:00pm

Wow! I remeber seeing those pictures. I didn't put two and two together, but that sure is Audra's Zoe. Well if she's no longer with her husband, I'm glad she's moved on with someone as great as Will.
Updated On: 5/25/09 at 02:00 PM

xxdrewboy85xx Profile Photo
xxdrewboy85xx
#30re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 5/25/09 at 6:04pm

I know of a few Equity members who have done community theater productions in Michigan and usually what they do is get paid by the theater they are doing the production in and then the actor is supposed to take the money they made via equity rules and donate the money back to the theater.

So its possible for them to do it. God, I wish I could direct Audra and Will in a community theater show!

jaso937
#31re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 5/26/09 at 12:11am

Zoe is too cute. I was wondering who this random girl Zoe was in the photos. Is she adopted? I see absolutely no resemblance in her and Audra. that's probably a bit personal but I'm really interested to know. And that's so awsome for the both of them!!! Its amazing to get to work with people you love!

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#32re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 5/26/09 at 12:13am

You know, it was so weird...I read this article earlier this afternoon and then I went out and saw Audra and Will eating on the sidewalk patio together at a restaurant on the UWS. I thought...what a coincidence! They were with (what I'm assuming are...) Will's kids? They had two or three little ones with them.

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

sondhead
#33re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 5/26/09 at 1:38am

mywonderwa11:

also weird are people that impersonate other people to screw them out of work. oh wait. that was you. good job.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#34re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 5/26/09 at 1:23pm

Ha, wow. BWW Scandal!

broadwayman17
#35re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 5/26/09 at 10:51pm

anybody know if Swenson going to leave Hair early, I have tickets for June 18th and would love the chance to see him

Yes, but sometimes people have a third deeper layer thats the same as the first. Like pie. Dr. Horrible

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#36re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 5/26/09 at 10:59pm

As in a few weeks? This is next year

broadwayman17
#37re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 5/26/09 at 11:08pm

Wow, i completely forgot to look at the year, I just saw June 28-August 7th and assumed he was taking a break from Hair then returning, like Aaron Tveit is with Next to Normal.

Yes, but sometimes people have a third deeper layer thats the same as the first. Like pie. Dr. Horrible
Updated On: 5/26/09 at 11:08 PM

Jazzysuite82
#38re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 5/27/09 at 12:54am

Zoe isn't adopted. She's actually biological. She's mulatto so she's gonna be a little lighter than Audra. I don't see how one can see any resemblance. You can't exactly see Zoe's face.

The production of 110 is a benefit so therefore no Equity rules were broken. Lucky lucky people in Utah. Although, I did see her do the role...Ya'll are in for a treat!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#39re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 5/27/09 at 2:40am

They just can't charge more than 15 bucks right?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#40re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 6/22/09 at 2:51am

http://www.sltrib.com/arts/ci_12624053

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Jon18
#41re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 6/28/10 at 4:36pm

I thought I'd resurrect this thread since this production opens tonight. I'm seeing it on July 6th and will gladly come back with comments.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#42re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 6/28/10 at 4:45pm

I'm pretty sure the world mulatto has gone out of use in polite society.

I know of a few Equity members who have done community theater productions in Michigan and usually what they do is get paid by the theater they are doing the production in and then the actor is supposed to take the money they made via equity rules and donate the money back to the theater.

They may do that, but they aren't "supposed" to do it. Once Equity takes its cut they can do whatever they want with their moeny.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#43re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 6/28/10 at 4:55pm

Mulatto is de trop these days? So when Will and Audra marry, we shouldn't wish them a happy miscegenation?

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#44re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 6/28/10 at 5:31pm

I have tickets for the July 10 matinee. Front row seats, about 10 feet from Will and Audra's beautiful faces. I will be sure to give a full report.

Jon
#45re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 6/28/10 at 7:47pm

With an Equity Guest Artist contract, the performers can certainly donate their salary back, but the theatre MUST pay their pension and health insurance payments to the union, which runs about $150 to $200 per week per actor.

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#46re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 6/28/10 at 9:27pm

They are doing the show to support Cody Swenson's Theatre...whom is somehow related to Will.

In an article on playbill.com, "In a previous interview with the Deseret News, McDonald stated, "I grew up doing community theater, it's very dear to my heart.... I got talking with Will and we just said, 'Wouldn't it be great if we could figure out a way to help support Cody's theater?'"

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

thinton
#47re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 6/29/10 at 2:45pm

I was there last night at the opening. The show was well put together and very enjoyable to watch. Will Swenson was perfectly cast as Starbuck, and Audra's performance was beyond words. I have never seen anything on stage or screen to equal it, and I was less than ten feet away. It was an amazing theatrical experience. Audra and Will were also incredibly gracious and stayed after to personally greet much of the audience. Anyone anywhere near Utah who doesn't have tickets needs to get them ASAP!

Luv2goToShows
#48re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 6/29/10 at 3:30pm

So Jealous thinton! Glad to hear it, sounds amazing. Sure wish I was closer would love to attend. Hopefully it is a success in raising funds for the theater. : )

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#49re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
Posted: 6/29/10 at 5:29pm

If I remember correctly, Cody Swenson is Will's brother who runs the theatre that 110 In The Shade is playing in. It is not a shocker to find out that they might be donating that which they would be making to the theatre. This is only due to the fact that they are appearing in the show as a way to help out the theatre financially.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll