News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

2016 - 2017 Touring Season- Page 2

2016 - 2017 Touring Season

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#252016 - 2017 Touring Season
Posted: 5/14/15 at 2:06pm

The Bodyguard is going on tour.

Wow this season will be amazing compared to the one that is coming up next.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#262016 - 2017 Touring Season
Posted: 5/20/15 at 2:46pm

Fun Home will tour, but as I suspected, will be restaged.

Updated On: 5/20/15 at 02:46 PM

ebontoyan
#272016 - 2017 Touring Season
Posted: 5/20/15 at 2:53pm

FH can skip the Midwest except maybe Chicago

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
mpd4165
#292016 - 2017 Touring Season
Posted: 5/20/15 at 3:34pm

"FH can skip the Midwest except maybe Chicago"

The midwest (Missouri and Iowa especially) has been hosting a wide variety of tours, so don't discount Fun Home just yet.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#302016 - 2017 Touring Season
Posted: 5/20/15 at 3:58pm

Not to mention Louisville, KY is extremely progressive. We have a regional theatre company who's mission is presenting projects relating to LBGT themes.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#312016 - 2017 Touring Season
Posted: 5/20/15 at 4:17pm

Hope chicago gets all of these tours(which it probably will. 2016-2017 will be a great year and the year I graduate high school!

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Call_me_jorge
#322016 - 2017 Touring Season
Posted: 5/20/15 at 4:19pm

Oh and has someone announced on this thread that love never dies will be touring the 2016-17 season?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

asmith0307
#332016 - 2017 Touring Season
Posted: 5/21/15 at 8:58am

"Oh and has someone announced on this thread that love never dies will be touring the 2016-17 season?"

It's touring 17-18 according to the press release.

asmith0307
#342016 - 2017 Touring Season
Posted: 5/21/15 at 9:01am

"Not to mention Louisville, KY is extremely progressive. We have a regional theatre company who's mission is presenting projects relating to LBGT themes.

Indianapolis has one as well. Do I think it can survive a full week run? Probably not. But it might sell well for a few performances. 

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#352016 - 2017 Touring Season
Posted: 5/21/15 at 11:00am

I think Fun Hom and will have problems touring, I know "small shows not touring well" has been disproven by Once and Next to Normal, but I think Fun Home is a whole nother animal when it comes to size. Part of the beauty of Fun Home is that since it is in the round you feel like you are truly within the family peaking in on whats happening. Yes the show started its life on a proscenium stage, but that was also at the Public which houses less than 300 seats to the thousands that many touring venues can hold. Yes other shows have made the transition well, but unlike Next to Normal where the performances are larger than life or Once where the bar comes to life, Fun home is subtle. outside of "Everything's Alright" there are no numbers that can fill a touring house's stage. In all honesty I would probaby be really angry if I were seated anywhere outside of the front orchestra.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#362016 - 2017 Touring Season
Posted: 5/21/15 at 11:05am

I'd hope it wouldn't play huge venues like the Ahmanson or any of the Fox Theatres and instead opt for smaller ones like the Mark Taper or the Geary, but I guess I shouldn't hold my breath.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#372016 - 2017 Touring Season
Posted: 5/21/15 at 11:27am

^ That's my concern as well. I think Into the Woods night have the same problem. I know it has name recognition, but if the scaled down production is as small as I think it is, it would get swallowed whole by some touring houses.

matildathemiracle2 Profile Photo
matildathemiracle2
#382016 - 2017 Touring Season
Posted: 5/21/15 at 11:32am

Hoping that Fun Home makes it to the NC/SC area. I fear that people down here would not be appreciative of an LGBT musical, or talking about the topic for that matter, but Charlotte did get Kinky Boots in March so hopefully this can happen. 

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#392016 - 2017 Touring Season
Posted: 5/21/15 at 11:58am

I don't care what theatre shows goes to big or small. I have season tickets and sit less than 5 rows from the stage. Better to have tickets beforehand. The experience you want to have in a show depends on how much you're willing to spend or how smart you are getting the good seats (with a discount). People who complain about how big a touring theatre house is, didn't plan ahead. Also, I noticed that when you sit in the expensive areas in your theatre, you sit with other people who LOVE the theatre. When I sit in the areas where the cheapest seats are, that's where all the newbies are (people who are dragged there, don't know anything, first show, complain) that CAN ruin your night. Personal opinion...

LizzieCurry
#402016 - 2017 Touring Season
Posted: 5/21/15 at 12:06pm

Oh my lord.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#412016 - 2017 Touring Season
Posted: 5/21/15 at 1:26pm

Yeah, doesn't it always suck to sit among the poors? It's not like any of them could possibly enjoy or understand anything. Better to sit with all the rich people, the pure and true lovers of the arts.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#422016 - 2017 Touring Season
Posted: 5/21/15 at 1:37pm

"I don't care what theatre shows goes to big or small. I have season tickets and sit less than 5 rows from the stage. Better to have tickets beforehand. The experience you want to have in a show depends on how much you're willing to spend or how smart you are getting the good seats (with a discount). People who complain about how big a touring theatre house is, didn't plan ahead. Also, I noticed that when you sit in the expensive areas in your theatre, you sit with other people who LOVE the theatre. When I sit in the areas where the cheapest seats are, that's where all the newbies are (people who are dragged there, don't know anything, first show, complain) that CAN ruin your night. Personal opinion..."

I can't speak for any other city, but the Orlando Broadway series here NEVER discounts. Most of their shows sell out at full price (which are only marginally cheaper than Broadway- orchestra seats are about $140) because they have a large subscriber base. So, your idea of "getting good seats with a discount" doesn't work. 

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#432016 - 2017 Touring Season
Posted: 5/21/15 at 1:41pm

I didn't mean to sound like an ass. Sorry. I'm not rich just smart when it comes to discounts and stuff. And it is personal experience. Sorry.

broadwaysfguy
#442016 - 2017 Touring Season
Posted: 5/25/15 at 3:57pm

hey joselee

i didnt interprete your message as elitist....

I love to sit up close too, so i can really experience the actors and performances, and buy season tickets for the SF season so I can get a great discount and great seats...

the further away i am from stage, the less i enjoy a show.....

I get that theatre is super expensive, and totally understand better to see a show in any seat than miss seeing it ( or see more shows/dollar spent)...Im sure there are as many hard core theatre lovers in every area of the theatre....

LizzieCurry
#452016 - 2017 Touring Season
Posted: 6/2/15 at 2:04pm

Hedwig is SHN's 6th show! https://instagram.com/p/3b6AxZvtqH/?taken-by=shnsf 

Wildcard
#462016 - 2017 Touring Season
Posted: 6/2/15 at 2:22pm

I'm curious how Aladdin's carpet would work on tour. Would they be able to replicate what they have on Broadway or would they go back to the cherry picker?

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#472016 - 2017 Touring Season
Posted: 6/2/15 at 3:31pm

"I'm curious how Aladdin's carpet would work on tour. Would they be able to replicate what they have on Broadway or would they go back to the cherry picker?"

The carpet only requires rigging above the regular stage, so I have no doubt they'd replicate what's on Broadway.  They most likely considered the possibility of touring when designing the effect.

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#482016 - 2017 Touring Season
Posted: 6/2/15 at 3:40pm

The Ahmanson Theatre here in L.A. is going to announce it's last show too. I hope it's Hedwig!!!

Updated On: 6/2/15 at 03:40 PM

Call_me_jorge
#492016 - 2017 Touring Season
Posted: 6/2/15 at 4:10pm

^wait its last season? Is it closing?

Videos