News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024- Page 14

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#325CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/9/23 at 9:25am

Didnt see THIS coming, but I'm even more excited about this now!! Wow. Love them both! 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#326CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/9/23 at 9:34am

This has definitely turned into a must see revival now.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

BCfitasafiddle
#327CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/9/23 at 9:36am

It will have been 10 years since Ms. Neuwirth was last onstage. She was Mama Morton in Chicago in 2014.

Absolutely thrilled about this casting. She's the draw for me. 

RunnyBabbit
#328CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/9/23 at 9:40am

This was a mild interest show for me when it was announced. I’ve seen clips from the London production and thought they were fine but not a must see. But now with Bebe, it’s definitely a must see.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#330CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/9/23 at 9:44am

Neuwirth’s Third Tony Incoming…

I am SAT!

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Det95
#331CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/9/23 at 10:03am

I am both thrilled and so mad. I was planning to see this in London to save "a little" money, but now I can't not see this with Bebe.

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#332CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/9/23 at 10:31am

I am SCREAMING about Bebe! My god, this show is gonna be incredible! I was kinda hoping Danny Burstein would play Schultz, but I am excited to see Steven Skybell!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#333CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/9/23 at 10:35am

Dylan Smith4 said: "I am SCREAMING about Bebe! My god, this show is gonna be incredible! I was kinda hoping Danny Burstein would play Schultz, but I am excited to see Steven Skybell!"

Nothing is precluding him as a replacement (since I’m assuming they plan on running this a while), but I know when it comes to award eligibility, he may not be eligible since he was nominated in the same role for the last production and the producers may want to see if they can rack up as many nominations as possible in what will be a highly competitive year

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

lopside
#334CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/9/23 at 10:41am

Skybell is more to the tune of how Schultz was in OG London casting. More spirited, funnier and less defeated. They also played the roles with more spark and chemistry, than the usual of it being more an amiable thing. 

Falsettolands
#335CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/9/23 at 10:55am

the way this will be a showdown between Maryann Plunkett and Bebe for that Tony...wonder who will prevail!

Menken Fan Profile Photo
Menken Fan
#336CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/9/23 at 11:12am

BCfitasafiddle said: "It will have been 10 years since Ms. Neuwirth was last onstage. She was Mama Morton in Chicago in 2014.

"

I saw Bebe in The Bedwetter at Atlantic Theatre Company last year, so she was onstage recently, at least off-Broadway.

mshalo18
#337CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/9/23 at 11:12am

Very glad I bought my tickets already. Saw Bebe in Chicago and Damn Yankees- she is now THE reason to see this show. 

AllThatJazz2
#338CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/9/23 at 11:38am

I am so excited by this casting! Finally get to see Bebe on stage, and Steven is fantastic casting. Loved him in Fiddler in Yiddish and can’t wait to see him here. 

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#339CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/9/23 at 11:58am

Bebe's face was the first thing I saw when I opened IG this morning and I gasped so loud I woke up the dog. I was planning to wait a bit since I saw it in London last spring, but this is now a must-see and will be laying out my paycheck for tickets. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

kwoc91
#340CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/9/23 at 12:56pm

I am HERE for this casting! Love both of them.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#341CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/9/23 at 1:08pm

If it’s true the operating costs for the show are expected to be 1.16 million dollars a week, then Bebe better be getting $160,000 of that! 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#342CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/9/23 at 4:26pm

Menken Fan said: "BCfitasafiddle said: "It will have been 10 years since Ms. Neuwirth was last onstage. She was Mama Morton in Chicago in 2014.

"

I saw Bebe in The Bedwetter at Atlantic Theatre Company last year, so she was onstage recently, at least off-Broadway.
"

I saw her in Bedwetter also. She also did an Encores production in 2018. 

Just give the world Love.

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#343CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/10/23 at 10:30am

Is this selling well? I check a handful of dates and there seemed to be an abundance of availability. I know it's opening is 5 months away, so maybe that's normal?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#344CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/16/23 at 10:05am

Natascia Diaz confirmed as Fräulein Kost / Fritzie, and Henry Gottfried will play Ernst Ludwig. 

Oh look, a bibu!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#345CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/16/23 at 10:32am

FANtomFollies said: "Is this selling well? I check a handful of dates and there seemed to be an abundance of availability. I know it's opening is 5 months away, so maybe that's normal?"

It seems to be the NEW normal, people not buying tickets too far out . 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#346CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/16/23 at 11:24am

I’ve looked at a few early dates and assuming things aren’t being held back or ive made a mistake I would say sales look ok given how far out it all is. I still am not convinced the show will ever recoup based on the alleged operating expense projections. But there appears to be some demand. Nothing like say Kimberly akimbo that had sold almost no tickets before performances started. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#347CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/16/23 at 2:12pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Natascia Diaz confirmed as Fräulein Kost / Fritzie, and Henry Gottfried will play Ernst Ludwig."

I am thrilled at the news of Natascia joining the cast.  I mentioned to her that although I am visiting NYC from December 22-25, I will need to make a return trip sometime in the summer  of 2024.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#348CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/16/23 at 4:08pm

I noticed the marquee and all the signage is up now. 

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#349CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 11/17/23 at 4:21pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I noticed the marquee and all the signage is up now."

Any photos of this?

Videos